danny4690

Reaction score
I'm Kidderminster Harriers in about my 7th season. I've taken the club from Conference Premier to League 1 and am fairly stable. I haven't signed any players, rather I've used the club's youth system and sold players strategically to reinvest in facilities and coaches etc. My plan is to have a fully home-grown team in the Premiership eventually.

However my best players are being lifted by bigger clubs for nothing simply because I can only offer them ?2,700 a week. I'm well within my wage budget (not needing a transfer budget with my game strategy) and the club finances are decent. On the right of the screen it says max wage 2,700 is the most the board will allow me to offer. I've asked them in meetings to increase the wage budget, but this isn't the issue, it's simply that they won't allow me to pay a player more than that.

Is there anyway of getting around this? I've tried bonuses etc written into the contracts but it's simply not working and I'm being forced to sell 19/20 year olds with great potential for very little in the last years of their contracts because they won't re-sign. In private chats I've asked them to reduce demands, but then the agents step in and I'm back to square one.

I've seen this might just be a reputation issue and as I establish the club the limitations might go away but it's a pain in the **** when I know the money is there to be used.