ZeCarlos

Reaction score
Hey, just like to say thanks for any help/responses I get before I post.

After securing Champions League football and flogging a load of deadwood to gain some cash for wages, my available wage budget now stands at 259,000 pounds p/w. However, when I try and sign a player, the maximum I'm allowed to offer them is around 20,000-35,000.

I don't know if it's supposed to be like this but in previous saves (even on this years edition) you can spend a lot more than that. Bearing in mind I've already signed players in this same save for 40,000-50,000; does anybody know why or have any suggestions?

Help would be greatly appreciated as I'm severely struggling to sign Champions League quality players for that kind of wage I'm allowed to offer. Thanks!

Hey, just like to say thanks for any help/responses I get before I post.

After securing Champions League football and flogging a load of deadwood to gain some cash for wages, my available wage budget now stands at 259,000 pounds p/w. However, when I try and sign a player, the maximum I'm allowed to offer them is around 20,000-35,000.

I don't know if it's supposed to be like this but in previous saves (even on this years edition) you can spend a lot more than that. Bearing in mind I've already signed players in this same save for 40,000-50,000; does anybody know why or have any suggestions?

Help would be greatly appreciated as I'm severely struggling to sign Champions League quality players for that kind of wage I'm allowed to offer. Thanks!

your wage budget is 250k but what is your total spend at?

Try to look in your league's rules - maybe it's because of financial-fairplay rules.
I'm currently in League 2 (England), and I'm only permitted to use half of my turnover or something like that, regardless of my wage-budget surplus.

Try to look in your league's rules - maybe it's because of financial-fairplay rules.
I'm currently in League 2 (England), and I'm only permitted to use half of my turnover or something like that, regardless of my wage-budget surplus.

I'll check mate, cheers for your response!

Its not rules, its board restrictions. Your board is restricting the amount you can spend on players, its usually in relation to the rest of your team. I'm currently managing as Maribor, have 70k available wages but the board will only allow me to spend up to 8.5k for a player. I refuse to spend that much on a player because he wont be that much better than my current players and doesn't deserve twice as much as most of my players.

One solution that opens up more wages is to adjust your budgets. More the slider towards wages which increase the amount of wages available but reduces your transfer budget. But keep in mind what your initial budget was given to you by the board and don't go over that or you will start running into financial problems.