gthame1992

Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread on this, but here's goes.

I found a way to have more wages without cheating (Editor/FMRTE). When offering a player a contract, put everything to the lowest amount you can offer, like if you signing lets say Fernando Gago, and he ask for around 66k, put it all on the lowest amount then press suggest terms, then it should come back with most of the time, I've done with it, a lower wage the player will take.

I'll post some screenies in a minute when I get a bid accepted for the team I'm playing as. Trying to get screenies for buying Eden Hazard.

Last edited:
If I don't feel like negotiating a contract I'll just offer the existing contract and accept whatever the counter-offer is, which is sort of what that is. I'm pretty sure I've seen a couple of instances where offering lower wages results in the agent demanding a higher wage, and then you can't even get them back to what they originally wanted. Interesting thread though.

I do what is said in the OP but I must warn sometimes the negotiations will shut down purely because the player thinks you have a completely different idea of what he is worth.

So you risk the player completely walking away from the deal for the sake of £25k p/w. I don't see how this is anything special, I regularly negotiate that or more off contracts doing it the regular way.

So you risk the player completely walking away from the deal for the sake of £25k p/w. I don't see how this is anything special, I regularly negotiate that or more off contracts doing it the regular way.

If you have a wage bill that is near red, this is a good piece of advice, or if you want to use less wages.

If you have a wage bill that is near red, this is a good piece of advice, or if you want to use less wages.

No, it's not good advice. You're reducing the wage to £1, but you could reduce it to say £90k, and then the agent would negotiate a bit higher. Either way, you will end up at the same wage, but with your method you risk the player getting mad and walk away. So it's horrible, horrible and pointless advice.

No, it's not good advice. You're reducing the wage to £1, but you could reduce it to say £90k, and then the agent would negotiate a bit higher. Either way, you will end up at the same wage, but with your method you risk the player getting mad and walk away. So it's horrible, horrible and pointless advice.

Umm, no its not pointless, why have a wage saving trick, and keep it to yourself, I love sharing information, the first ever thing I've found out with FM 2011, I've never found it out of any the other FM games, I only found this out a couple of days ago. Would you have your team you play as losing money due to wages being in the red every month, I don't think so, you would want your team to gain money.

Last edited:
keep doing this -- soon enough you will get the red message: "I don't wish to discuss a contract with your club." I've seen it offering 2,600 p/w when they asked for 7,000 p/w initially

keep doing this -- soon enough you will get the red message: "I don't wish to discuss a contract with your club." I've seen it offering 2,600 p/w when they asked for 7,000 p/w initially

I only do it once, and most of the time I'm happy with it only once, more then once yes that will happen, but just once is good.

Good peice of advice mate:) im birmingham and this trick saved me around 19k not much but 19k a week aint all that bad :) better saving that losing right?

Good peice of advice mate:) im birmingham and this trick saved me around 19k not much but 19k a week aint all that bad :) better saving that losing right?

Yh better to save funds than lose them, the better the wage bill that's under the budget the more likely your team will gain money every month.

This is what I do every time I negotiate a contract and I've never had someone walk away after my offer.

Waste of time mate, I bet ya I could of put clauses and stuff in there to make him accept lower wages, longer contract, lower appearance and goal bonus. Normal negotiation is just easier and less risky. If the agent isn't patient then you more than likely will see the door swing shut as soon as you offer £1 a week

Waste of time mate, I bet ya I could of put clauses and stuff in there to make him accept lower wages, longer contract, lower appearance and goal bonus. Normal negotiation is just easier and less risky. If the agent isn't patient then you more than likely will see the door swing shut as soon as you offer £1 a week

Ten players for my current team I've brought and all of them accepted lower wage with my trick, it's better to share than being greedy. It also work for lower teams, my brother and fellow FM-Baser pthame, have tried it on a Bristol Rovers and it worked so this is a good bit of advice it helps people that plays as both big and lower teams.

Umm, no its not pointless, why have a wage saving trick, and keep it to yourself, I love sharing information, the first ever thing I've found out with FM 2011, I've never found it out of any the other FM games, I only found this out a couple of days ago. Would you have your team you play as losing money due to wages being in the red every month, I don't think so, you would want your team to gain money.

It's NOT a trick. And it's NOT useful information. Unless you accept the first contract the agent offers, then you're achieving nothing from this. The agent purposely puts in a first high offer, then you go low. Eventually you reach an equilibrium point where both parties are happy with the contract. ****, if you negotiated properly you'd be getting a better contract for Hazard than that, I promise you. Go learn the fundamental principles of negotiating before you call this a trick.

If you really want to save wages, negotiate properly. For example, Hazard first wants £150k p/w, offer £90k p/w next, the agent replies with a new offer. Take the median of your first offer and the agent's second and offer a new contract of roughly -10% of the median. The agent replies again, reduce it by more again until you reach an agreement. Pay attention to what the agent says and his patience level, so he doesn't get tired and walk away.

Ten players for my current team I've brought and all of them accepted lower wage with my trick, it's better to share than being greedy. It also work for lower teams, my brother and fellow FM-Baser pthame, have tried it on a Bristol Rovers and it worked so this is a good bit of advice it helps people that plays as both big and lower teams.

You just don't understand do you? Normal negotiating you would get a better contract than you would with Hazard, it is not a lower wage trick whatsoever. You're essentially just accepting the agents second offer rather than his first, this is not negotiating or a trick. It seems like a trick to you since I'm betting you usually accept the initial contract offer, which is horribly wrong. You say they accepted lower wage, they will ALWAYS accept a lower wage than the initial offered, this isn't a hard concept to grasp for Christ's sake.

Last edited:
****, if you negotiated properly you'd be getting a better contract for Hazard than that.

ok if you think your smart, you try and get Hazard for lower than 125K.

I love making challenges to other people.

Yeah, you really could have negotiated a much lower wage. A bit of advice: do what Joel said.

Keep negotiating lower. You'll know when the deal is about to collapse as the agent will say so. Not sure what Hazard's contract is like at Lille, but you should be able to reduce it to around 80k, probably even less. Also make sure you use the clauses. They are great for lowering a player's demands.

Use the two minimum-fee release clauses (standard and foreign), goal bonus, relegation release clause, and the contract extension after X-amount of games.

ok if you think your smart, you try and get Hazard for lower than 125K.

I love making challenges to other people.

I pay Hazard £48k p/w on my save. Will post a screen shot if you don't believe me.

All of the players i've bought on my Aston Villa save have accepted smaller wages than the agent asked for. I negotiate as you are supposed to. you clearly aren't going to agree with anyone or accept it so i'm not going to try and explain to you, because Joel already has, just enjoy your game.