Waiting on a work permit for a player I've already signed?

SaoPaolo90

Reaction score
I just signed Nicolas Gaitan for my second season Liverpool team and he's listed as being a Liverpool player, but I'm now into November 2012 and he still has the WP sign next to his name and isn't eligible to play. Can anyone tell me what's going on and how to fix this? Thanks!

Basically he failed his work permit application, but due to Liverpool being linked with Genk in Belgium you can send him on loan for about 3 years for him to gain EU citzenship. But basically he will be a dud player for you. Always look next time a players application has been appealed and them you can sign him he may have to go on loan to genk, hope this helped

So how was I allowed to sign him if he failed his work permit application? Very confused! Looks like I'll have to sell up then, right?

you can sign him, just due to the fact you are linked to genk, basically its SI's way of doing the signing of a non-eu player and sending them out on loan. Kind of like what Arsenal did with Eboube in 2002 . He signed from ASEC in the Ivory Coast went to Bevern in Beligum for3 years and then he was allowed to take dual-nationality for beligum hence making him an eu nation so no need for a WP

just signed Giuliano in my forth season for chelsea. By now hes 24, a fully fledged brazil international and rated higher than juan mata by my assisstant, and yet it turns out i cant play him cos he failed to get a work permit. farming him out for three years would be ridiculous, but i wonder whether the fact that i signed him on deadline day, leaving no time for an appeal, could mean that if i offered him a new contract in few months, it might then see him get a permit. not so sure this will worh though, any thoughts?

just signed Giuliano in my forth season for chelsea. By now hes 24, a fully fledged brazil international and rated higher than juan mata by my assisstant, and yet it turns out i cant play him cos he failed to get a work permit. farming him out for three years would be ridiculous, but i wonder whether the fact that i signed him on deadline day, leaving no time for an appeal, could mean that if i offered him a new contract in few months, it might then see him get a permit. not so sure this will worh though, any thoughts?

He might fail it again, but you can keep on offering him a new contract every few months until he gains the work permit.