Wake up Llorente !! Looking for a Bilbao tactic...

Cavanagh

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

as my frustration levels have reached incredible heights :)P), can anyone offer some suggestion for a Bilbao tactic ???

Right now, i am using Llorente as a target man with supply to head, and muniain as an Inside Fwd AMC...

LLorente has been very unstable..to say the least :p

Any help pls ?

If you use him as à targetman on support BUT without actually using him as the target man, I think its à better starting point. Apart from that, how are you playing, what seems to be working and what is not ?

( if looking for à upploaded tactic, then please post in the subforum instead, otherwise lets get the Discussion going on here)

Cheers

When i played as Bilbao i used a 4-3-3 with an anchor man and wingers, and played Munian on the LW as a winger he did quite well, considering i finished third. Try take away the supply to head and have it mixed and then make sure your wingers and full backs crossing is aim for target man.

If you have seen my current Bilbao story you will have seen that I had great success playing 4-2-3-1 with Llorente as a target man.

Not sure what season you are on but my 1st season team was summat like this:

GK Iraizoz
DR Iraola/Azpilicueta
DL Aurtenetxe
DC Amorebieta/San Jose
MC Javi Martinez/Benat
AMR Susaeta
AML Muniain
AMC Herrera
ST Llorente

you should - have him set at target man support like it says above, but with MIXED instructions too. You also have decided how you want to play in terms of narrow etc. If you put attack down wings you're likely to get more crosses too Llorente, but with Bilbao i prefer 'through the middle' with suseata and Munian, coming in off the wings and sliding through balls too Llorente

You should play LLorente with an attack duty if you want him to score lots of goals or at least have a poacher next to him

I agree with taking off supply to head, he has a great first touch so there is nothing wrong with him receiving the ball to his feet from time to time. Never managed him but I reckon he could be quality if:

on player instructions you:
Pushed his attacking mentality to near max
Gave him little creativity
Run with ball sometimes
Runs from deep sometimes
Through balls sometimes
Cross ball rarely
Long shots rarely
Wide play move into channels
Pressing whole pitch
Hold up ball ticked.
Stick him on back post for corners and aim it there.

If he doesn't score 20 league goals + A fair amount of assists with those settings then I'm **** at this game.

He should score 20 goals easily with the above advice, Easy

If you have seen my current Bilbao story you will have seen that I had great success playing 4-2-3-1 with Llorente as a target man.

Not sure what season you are on but my 1st season team was summat like this:

GK Iraizoz
DR Iraola/Azpilicueta
DL Aurtenetxe
DC Amorebieta/San Jose
MC Javi Martinez/Benat
AMR Susaeta
AML Muniain
AMC Herrera
ST Llorente

Seems interesting enough ! How about style and mentality ? Pressing etc ?

Fyi, i am playing like this:

View attachment 243489

Nevermind the 7.43 rating, he is only scoring with corners and penalties :( (lots of them)

Does Munian play well on Winger ? I had him on Inside Fwd AML and he was largely dissapointing.

However, Ander on MC is also dissapointing so i'd better make some big changes :(

Last edited:
I played Herrera as a Advanced Playmaker, And Iker Munian as a winger Attack and they both did well

After trying out KLIPPPYBO's tactic, Llorente scored a marvellous hat-trick ! However, none of these goals were headers, rather than through balls by Herrera.

Do you use any specific shouts for this issue KLIPPYBO ? Or any different strategy for away or difficult matches ?

if hes scoring its not an issue to address. Ppl like Dzeko and Crouch score just as much with their feet, its FOOTball.

I would drop our amc to a dmc and have him set as a deeplying plamaker. have one of your midfielders set a advanced plamake and the other set as ball winning midfielder. then move your wingers up front into the central striker position.

gk

rb bpd stopper lb

dlp
bwm apm

trequatista poacher target man

i would suggest playing short passing, quick tempo, passing through the middle,morecreative freedom,more roaming. normal defensive line and counter attack. not the offside trap though as i tend to find in spanish games the strikers know how to beat these more than when i play english leagues.

hope this helps