Status
Not open for further replies.

I3east

Reaction score

attachment.php

Irvine quits Owls

3e24a50c9e5f5cad87d7c4b79d56ccfa.jpg

Alan Irvine has today quit Sheffield Wednesday after he felt his job was insecure following reports of higher reputation managers been linked with the job since Milan Mandaric took over the League One club. Irvine failed in his bid to keep Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship after a 2-2 draw with Crystal Palace on the last game of the season.

Alan+Irvine.jpeg

Irvine failed in his bid to keep the Owls in the Championship

Alan Irvine had this to say on his departure;

Alan Irvine said:
I feel really upset leaving such a great club, i fell as though i let the fans down after failing to keep hem up and i feel they deserve more, i have loved my time here and i hope in the future i can return here as manager or in another role. I wish the club and the next manager all the best for the future.

Roy Keane joins Owls

RoyKeaneGETTY_468x354.jpg

Former Ipswich and Sunderland manager Roy Keane has today been appointed the new manager of League One club Sheffield Wednesday, Wednesday's former manager Alan Irvine left last week after he felt his job was unsafe with rumours about his job. Keane, 39, led Ipswich to 15th in the Championship last year.

This is what Keane had to say about taking over at SWFC

Roy Keane said:
I am delighted to be here at this massive club, they in my opinion was the wrong team to unfortunately be relegated last campaign. enjoyed wy time with Ipswich but i did all i could for them and now i will do all i can for Sheffield Wednesday, they have a great fan base and they have some great players and i cant wait to get started

Roy Keane will start work this Monday at Hillsborough and Chairman Milan Mandaric had this to say;

Milan Mandaric said:
I have only been here a few months and i enjoyed working with Alan but it was his choice to leave. I feel i can work well with Roy and both together can help take this club forward. I will back him financially so he can bring in players he feel the club needs and i wish him all the best

Milan-Mandaric-007.jpg

Mandaric will back Keane with money

Last edited:
Nice intro and good layout so far, Get the pre-season posted asap and I will follow

attachment.php

Keane adds to squad for per season

e5gt36.png

Keane's first signing since joining Sheffield Wednesday was of free transfer Alan Gow, Gow formerly played for League One rivals Plymouth before they released him earlier on last week. Gow has also had spells at Rangers and Blackpool and he has 215 career appearances.

svrkut.png

Keane's second signing was a £325,000 move for forward Adam Le Fondre who joined from rivals Rotherham. Many Sheffield Wednesday fans are happy to have him at the club but Rotherham fans are calling him a traitor. Le Fondre was Rotherham's top scorer last season scoring 25 goals in 44 games.

ws7p80.png

Keane's third signing was 19 year old Leigh Griffiths who joined for £325,000 from Dundee, Griffiths is a U19 international for Scotland and had been heavily linked with a move to Wolves but Sheffield Wednesday wrapped up the deal and signed him on a three and a half year deal.

1zpi2w7.png

Keane's finals signing was the biggest, South Africa International Siphiwe Tshabalala joined from Kaizer
Chiefs for £1,300,000 and he is reported to earn £8,000 p/w. Tshabalala scored the opening goal of the 2010 World Cup in his home nation South Africa with a super strike from 25 yards out.

Pre Season

AFC Wimbledon 4-0 Sheffield Wednesday

Fleetwood 0-5 Sheffield Wednesday - Mellor x4 , Le fondre

Stocksbridge 0-3 Sheffield Wednesday - O'Connor, Morrison, Beevers

Stockport 0-3 Sheffield Wednesday - Teale x2, Hinds

Tooting & Mitcham 0-3 Sheffield Wednesday - Sedgwick, Hinds x2

Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Dundee - Tshabalala

Bath 2-3 Sheffield Wednesday - Heffernan, Jones, Beevers

Roy Keane said:
I am very pleased with our pre season, we scored lots of goals and didnt concede too many, i know where we can build and i would like to thank Milan for providing me with the funds to sign the players i have. I cant wait for our first game at Notts County which wont be easy but we will try to get three points

Last edited:
looks good mate, i prefer first person stories, but its still good and it's your writing style so just a suggestion. Roy is an explosive character. so if you sell a playe maybe write a story of how they had a bust up and Roy exploded or attacking an agent or sometrhing similar :)

looks good mate, i prefer first person stories, but its still good and it's your writing style so just a suggestion. Roy is an explosive character. so if you sell a playe maybe write a story of how they had a bust up and Roy exploded or attacking an agent or sometrhing similar :)

Thats what i was thinking of doing, like if we loose i go "WE palyed **** ! " etc.

Well i have sold modest and he is young so i was thinking of Modest trying to be a bad man and Keane throws him out xD

Would love to see that happen.. :p
Also how did you get Siphwe to sign. Most players turn me down at Norwich. May have a shot at buying him ;)

Would love to see that happen.. :p
Also how did you get Siphwe to sign. Most players turn me down at Norwich. May have a shot at buying him ;)

He is good, i payed over 48 month and he was interested in joining me so i thought why not ;)

attachment.php

Modest sold to Nottingham Forest

0,,10304~8946491,00.jpg

Teenage sensation Nathan Modest has been offloaded immediately after he launched an attack on new manager Roy Keane. Modest openly said that he dislikes Keane which was his first mistake and during training he tried to punch Keane in the face. Keane blocked the punch and threw him out of the training ground telling Modest never to return again.

Roy Keane said:
He said he didn't like me and i understood that he was upset so i called him over to have a chat when he tried to attack me. Hahahaha, what a mistake that was heh ? I grabbed his arm and threw him out, i don't know who he thinks he is and i am proud to get rid of the selfish teenage t**t.

interesting so far, looking forward to the next update. Some Keano related dramas eh?!

Im sure that if he did actually try to punch Keano in the face then Roy would have done more than throw him out! But you may have underage readers so good job at keeping it clean ;)

attachment.php

January Update

Notts County 1-2 Sheffield Wednesday
Miller - Le Fondre, Heffernan

0,,10426~9019940,00.jpg

Both teams wanted a winning start to life in League One

Sheffield Wednesday's first game of the month was an away tie against Notts County, County took the lead through Lee Miller who smashed a 25 yard shot into the top corner of Nicky Weavers goal. Adam Le Fondre equalised on his debut in the 60th minute after rounding the keeper and in stoppage time Paul Heffernan met a Gary Teale free kick and headed in the winner.

Macclesfield 1-3 Sheffield Wednesday (League Cup 1st round)
Rooney - Johnson, Heffernan, O'Connor

images

Heffernan has scored two in two for Sheffield Wednesday

Sheffield Wednesday were looking to go through to the next round of the League Cup away at Macclesfield, Reda Johnson gave The Owls the lead when he met a Tshabalala corner and headed the ball in, in the 14th minute. Paul Heffernan then met a Gary Teale cross in the 18th minute to make it 2-0. Adam Rooney pulled a goal back for Macclesfield to give them some hope but in the 43rd minute James O'Connor scored to give The Owls the win.

Plymouth 1-2 Sheffield Wednesday
Wright-Phillips - Spence (OG) , Tshabalala

0,,10364~7352802,00.jpg

Will Wright-Phillips be on his way out ?

Sheffield Wednesday were looking to continue their fine form under Roy Keane in there third away game in a row at Plymouth. Jordan Spence went red after he scored a 31st minute own goal after a tricky Alan Gow ball was whipped in and it hit him on the leg and went in. Tshabalala doubled The Owls lwad in the 39th minute with a goal similar to his in the opening game of the World Cup. Bradley Wright-Phillips had been attracting interest from many clubs and he showed why in the 44th minute after dribbling past two or three players before scoring a neat finish.

Sheffield Wednesday 4-0 MK Dons
Griffiths x2, Lewington (OG), Gow

166892_10150386049520223_295888980222_16693129_4698760_n.jpg

Fans gave Keane an emotional home debut

Sheffield Wednesday fans gave new manager Roy Keane a reception to remember in there first game against MK Dons. 19 year old Leigh Griffiths opened the scoring in the 18th minute with a well timed finish, on the stroke of half time Alan Gow doubled Wednesdays advantage with a free kick. Griffiths scored his second of the night with another neat finish in the 71st minute and Dean Lewington put the ball past his own keeper just two minutes later.

Stoke 3-1 Sheffield Wednesday (League Cup 2nd Round)
Fuller, Pugh x2 - Griffiths

Ricardo-Fuller-10_1298861.jpg

Fuller was on target for Stoke

Wednesday's second League Cup game was against Premier League opposition Stoke City. Ricardo Fuller opened the scoring in the 18th minute with a powerful finish from inside the area. Danny Pugh scored in the 81st and 83rd minutes to put Stoke 3-0 up and in stoppage time Leigh Griffiths drilled one past Sorenson but it was only to be a consolation goal.

Sheffield Wednesday 3-2 Dagenham and Redbridge
Griffiths x2, Heffernan - Ifil , Vincelot

images

Griffiths got his second brace so far this season

Sheffield Wednesday carried on their unbeaten league run with a stunner against Dagenham and Redbridge, Leigh Griffith opened the scoring in the 25th minute when he rounded the keeper and passed the ball in. Phil Ifil equalised in the 48th minute with an effort from just outside the area but Griffiths cancelled that out by scoring in the 53rd minute. Roman Vincelot equalised for Dag & Red in the 66th minute but Paul Heffernan scored the winner in the 81st minute.

Rotherham United 0-1 Sheffield Wednesday (JPT first round)
Tshabalala

Adam%20Le%20Fondre.jpg

Le Fondre will miss the game against his former club

Both teams were up for this as it was a South Yorkshire derby, former Rotherham striker Adam Le Fondre would miss the game because of a pulled hamstring but Tommy Miller would return to action and it was Miller who created Tshabalala's goal by playing a neat through ball before he chipped it over the keeper into the back of the net.

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:38 PM ----------

Please comment

---------- Post added at 02:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

Please comment

Status
Not open for further replies.