Wampley's Wee Free Men - 4132 High Pression

wampley

Reaction score

The Nac Mac Feegle (also known as Pictsies, the Wee Free Men, the Little Men, 'Person or Persons Unknown, Believed to be Armed', 'That's him, the third one from the left!", and occasionally 'The Defendants') are a type of fairy folk appearing in Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels . Aside from being six inches tall, they just about invert the Victorian concept of mystical and refined fairies, and hark back to the fairies of folklore, who were generally seen as occasionally helpful thieves and pests.

The Nac Mac Feegles' skin appears blue because it is heavily tattooed and covered with paint, and all have red hair. The tattoos identify a Feegle's clan. Wings or similar features of any kind are out of the question. Their speech can only be described as some sort of variation on the Scots language, usually Glaswegian in the clans encountered so far, although William the Gonnagle (from a different clan) has a softer, Highland accent. They are notably strong and resilient, which comes in handy given that (almost all) male Feegles tend to be notoriously rowdy as a lifestyle.
The Feegles spend their time drinking, fighting and stealing, alone or in various combinations. The immense strength and rowdiness of these pictsies means that they will fight anything, and they have a particular fondness for headbutting creatures far larger than themselves. In a good fight, a Feegle will take on all comers, including his fellow Feegles (or, in their absence, themselves), with such enthusiasm that makes missing someone hazardous ("Crivens! I kicked meself in ma ain heid!").

Hi everyone,

That's my first thread, cause that's my first tactic (well, the first i'm proud of |))
It is called 'Wee Free Men', cause it's based in fantastic books of Terry Prattchet, and especially in the 'terrible' Nac Mac Feegle.
It's a high pression and very offensive tactic. I test it a season with Sochaux (in this year is veeeeery underdog), going from 18th to 9th position, and winning French Cup. With a top team is maybe unbeatable !!
I think is quite good, but as unexperienced, i glad if anyone can test it and tell me something.
Feel free to tweak it if you want.

Sochaux - 1st season, from 18th to 9th.

Braunschweig - 2nd season, Supercup winner, 2nd on champions group and great in Bundesliga. All my players but one, more than 7 qualified.

View attachment 376625View attachment 376626View attachment 376627View attachment 376628View attachment 376629
No OI, no shouts.

Standard Pitch size.

Training:

Team cohesion
very high and only tactics - preseason
Balanced-high and rotate (i'm still testing) - season

For individual training, player position (poacher-poacher, c. forward-c.forward, etc.)

Player attributes:

It is high recommended Composure, Decisions, Determination, Teamwork, Work Rate, Stamina and Bravery.
Very agresive players are not recommended, they get a lot of red cards.
The complete forward must be tall and strong, and he will score a lot on corners (or you can change set pieces, Luis Suarez working great as CF for me, but not on corners, so i put Skrtel...).

Suggested cheap players (<2,5 M):

GK:
Blazevic, Smithies
FBR: Tito, Levels, Romário (for free on january)
FBL: Bardachou, Karabelas
CB: Suchy, Borja Gómez
DM: Bodzek, Tomás Rincón, Simao
CM: Tissone, Zimling, Lambertz, Brezovec
CF: Necid, Holt
Po: Finne, Vasilieou

Tweaks:

If you're managing a top team, can change FB to WB.
MC and B2Bs: modify 'long shots' individual order depending their attributes.

So there it is:

View attachment 376779

New 2.0 version:

View attachment 378812

Classic Free Men:
View attachment 379331

New Teen Titans:
View attachment 464370

Really sorry for my bad english, and thanks everyone is interested.

Last edited:
has no one tried it yet? really?
:'(

Not enough info about the tactic,
- what players suit the tactic/positions
- training/match prep
- individual training
- opposition instructions
- shouts if any
- transfers in/out

Plus u can't see the screenshots as u need to have an account to look at them

Not enough info about the tactic,
- what players suit the tactic/positions
- training/match prep
- individual training
- opposition instructions
- shouts if any
- transfers in/out

Plus u can't see the screenshots as u need to have an account to look at them

OP updated, again.
And sorry, i'm learning how works it yet.

Last edited:
Working really well for me with Swansea :)

ps. Def pos works better for me, since pressing :)

Last edited:
+ maybe tweaking long shots from CM

Yes, you must change long shots depending de CM you have, I thought that it had shown in the OP, but I see that not
irked.gif

Better long shots, more goals or corners.

Your CF score often in corners?

Last edited:
OP
Wee Free Men 2.0: Long shots tweaked, clearest chances.
Classic Free Men added.