Wanayama + Arsenals Board = Ludacris Transfer Fee

Aarøe95

Reaction score
So I'm managing Arsenal, 1st season, and find myself in need of a defensive midfielder, ofcourse that'd have to be V. Wanayama. The only thing is, is that my scout said he'd be available for around 14m. and I only have 1m left. So I decided, full of hope, to ask the board if they wanted to help me sign him, which they agreed on(rarely happens to me). Then a few days after I get the message that Southampton has agreed on a fee of 47m! I mean come on! It's okay to pay a little too much, but not 33m!:mad: Just thought I wanted to post this, and hear if any of you guys have experienced anything like this :)

****, that'll teach me not to write stuff like this on my phone :)

Ouch! Only think I can think of is that your scout didn't scout them long enough to get an accuret report on the players asking price. Either way, I'm surprised to see such a huge difference. £30 odd million in the difference is an oversight to say the least.

Same thing happened to me, desperately needed a quality CB as Balanta had kicked up a fuss and wanted to sign for Dortmund. So I had look round and an ageing 31 yo Thiago Silva was available for around 12 mill, asked the board to step in and they signed him for a nice sum of £77 MILLION. I was livid and nearly rage quit. To be fair, he is outstanding but £77 million?!

Last edited:
This has always been a problem, atleast since FM14. Board ensures that you get the player, but at ridiculous amounts. Hence, I tend to plan out who I want to buy way earlier, including contingencies. If you're trying to maintain financial stability, asking the board to help sign a player is a ****** nightmare.