Want to buy an Xbox360 games- Reccommendations needed

Alcaraz

Reaction score
Hello All

Anyways, I finished my exams 2 days ago and decided it was time t spend my nights finishing the story of another xbox game

So I want to buy an Xbox360 games and would appreciate if I could get some help. Price is not an issue at all, so even games just released can be recommended

Basically I am looking for a shooter game, not COD please... more strategy-based and a good storyline which I can immerse myself into and one which is enjoyable and lasts long on single-player mode, don't really care if its online gameplay is ****

Thanks

LA Noire looks pretty awesome for a story game. Dunno any good strategy-based games however :S

err idk then, Splinter Cell takes some strategy? I got Conviction (I think) from Lovefilm and that was awesome

I have got both but still looking for something more strategy-based... defo not like COD

In same boat as you

RAGE (not sure its out yet)
Crysis 2 (bit short though)
Battlefield 3( not out for 2 more weeks)

In same boat as you

RAGE (not sure its out yet)
Crysis 2 (bit short though)
Battlefield 3( not out for 2 more weeks)

I am just tired of the COD madness... the way i see it, its just a bunch of kids running around and blowing each other up with no whatsoever strategy or plan

Plus may i add the MW2 single player gameplay is slightly *****... kudos to the storyline but its just not satisfying after u complete it

Really want a game where its more strategy-based like in RL with a immersive storyline

---------- Post added at 02:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

Rainbow Six Vegas 2

Lost Odyssey 2

The Orange Box (for HL2)

hmm... think i am gonna look for Rainbow Six

Thanks

Dark Souls, Alan Wake, Dragon Age (if out on the box) Bioshock, Rage (its out) Assassins Creeds, Mass Effect 1&2 :) Bad Company, Medal of Honour.. thats all I can think of right now, tired today

Splinter Cell - Conviction. story line is good, but the games can be easily finished. :p

or try AC brotherhood

Ghost Recon games are decent for startergy, and cheap as **** now which is a bonus :)

La Noire, Mafia 2, Medal of Honour.

Im really in to Medal of Honour at the minute, the graphics are mad, and unlike COD you cant go running in full blaze and surviving.

Just read all the posts here. I am disgusted that nobody had mentioned Fallout 3 or New Vegas, Oblivion (ok its not a shooter but it is still a first person game with an EPIC story line), there is FEAR (if you want to **** yourself...) there are plenty if you are willing to do the leg work and go into your local game shop !

LA Noire, is mind numbingly boring, it is SO GUIDED it is unreal "go here do this, go there do that" and with nothing to actually "discover" like new areas for example.. there is no point in it what so ever

LA Noire, is mind numbingly boring, it is SO GUIDED it is unreal "go here do this, go there do that" and with nothing to actually "discover" like new areas for example.. there is no point in it what so ever

Well afterall, it is a cop/investigation game? Police just dont go anywhere randonmly you know. You have to find the clues to lead you to these areas, obviously you haven't played the game long enough if you give it a review as such. It hasn't got/had rave reviews for nothing.

You bought anything Acaraz?

Thanks for all the suggestions, yes i did get off my **** and went and bought Rainbow six Vegas and Ghost Recon like u suggested so that I have some decent games to play until FM12 and Battlefield comes out

Thanks for all your suggestions :)

Just read all the posts here. I am disgusted that nobody had mentioned Fallout 3 or New Vegas, Oblivion (ok its not a shooter but it is still a first person game with an EPIC story line), there is FEAR (if you want to **** yourself...) there are plenty if you are willing to do the leg work and go into your local game shop !

Oblivion is a great game. I can play that for hours and hours and not get bored!

Thanks for all the suggestions, yes i did get off my **** and went and bought Rainbow six Vegas and Ghost Recon like u suggested so that I have some decent games to play until FM12 and Battlefield comes out

Thanks for all your suggestions :)

Nice one :) how you finding them so far? Are they what you were after?