Was it Liverpool's folly to let go of benitez?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chelsea&jose

Reaction score
Was it a mistake for Liverpool to let go of Benitez so easily...just like that?And get Roy Hodgson in?Definitely.It is a fact that during Rafael benitez's later years at Liverpool,he did not qualify for the prestigious Champions League knockout stages and in one year,did not make it to the top 4 of the premier league.

Though he might not have achieved the most desirable results, got in a few mediocre players during his tenure(for a manager of his calibre,he should have done a better job at signing players) and used puzzling formations and fitting of players into those systems-to the dismay of many fans,is he worth less than roy hodgson? Was it worth sacking Benitez and employing hodgson? For now,no.Time will tell if that will change but at the moment,they are just above relegatiion zone but nowhere near the top four with the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd.

Roy hodgson has certainly not impressed too much with his managerial tactics and Liverpool's current performances.Roy has other flaws too.His summer signings are interesting but not effective.He signed the unused Christian poulson from Juventus,Raul Meireles from Porto.Both have yet to shine at Anfield.Moreover,he fits them into awkward positions on the pitch and expects great things from weak foundations.

Thus begins the question whether Roy Hodgson can prove everyone wrong and whether it was smart or stupid to replace Benitez with Hodgson.Critics say he should be given the pink slip,sacked.I agree.Though Benitez,did not do well in his later stages of his tenure at Liverpool,he still brought them a Champions League victory in Istanbul and a finalist spot in the 2007 Athens Finale.

Well as for Roy,it looks like a bleak future for him and he is running against time to prove critics wrong.There is still time to improve but i hope roy does not walk out of Anfield,alone.

Shape up,or shift out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello wall of text.

Urm, ok, so you want Hodgeson out?

*Sigh* Another Liverpool article.

I firmly believe that rafa had to go because he had no backroom support and the players had lost confidence in him... I know Hodgson hasnt been great so far but the past 2 weeks performances have began to improve...

Its far too early to say that Hodgson is a flop or no better than benitez,he just deserves a chance to prove himself and be given a fair chance to manage a club of Liverpools stature

Yeah,i dont think hes competent enough.

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------

Thanks for the reply's.

Status
Not open for further replies.