Jedd95

Reaction score
I am wondering what players you have seen criminally under-utilised by AI managers in your saves?

I have been watching Mourinho ruin Martial at Manchester United for years in my save, until I finally managed to sign him, after moving to a new club. This has completely revived his career, playing some great football and getting his first call up to the France squad in almost 6 years!

Such a waste of a top class talent!!

View attachment 17962View attachment 17961

In the third season, I found out that Thilo Kehrer was transfer listed at PSG and brought him for 3,5M, he then became a key piece of my Atletico, managing to get into the best team of the season

Big clubs regularly do that, whether its developing players who they don't give time to and never will or fully developed players who are just on the fringes. Big clubs keep buying and that pushes players who could and should be starts out. Or the newcomers sit and rot. If you are at a reasonable sized club, its always a good idea to short-list a lot of such players at bigger clubs.

Previous Blackburn save on FM19, I needed to rebuild my defense. United was selling Chris Smalling, but Rob Holding was much cheaper at Arsenal. Not quite the same level, but still had a bit of potential. Think I paid like 5m for him. Anchored my defense and became a regular for England over 2 seasons.

I've seen this happen to Martial often. I was able to buy him in the 3rd season for 22 million pounds (Aston villa). Is world class after a season.

Too many options at manu maybe?

I had this with Ampadu. Chelsea kept loaning him out and eventually listed him. Got him for about £3.5 and sold him a year later for £13.5.

Seen it happen a few times. It's not just with big names either, young potential stars are wasted at some clubs. I regularly keep an eye out if I'm managing for players who have been either put up for transfer or have been released at the end of a contract and will sign them up with the view to selling on. One of my best deals was signing Ross Barkley from Chelsea for Celtic for 11million in last year's edition before doubling (with the potential to triple with causes) the fee when selling him on to Spurs.