winfield

Reaction score
I'm in my 4th season of my St Pauli save and I've picked up a couple of youngsters on frees that are on Raikan's wonderkid shortlist. Now a lot of them haven't had meaningful game time and are all aged 21-22, are they still any chance of reaching anywhere near full potential or should I expect them to just be decent instead of superstars?

I was hoping they'd still have a chance of turning out pretty good so I can have 3 giant strikers in my 433. But I guess really-at what point do they stop developing?

They always continue to develop. Post again when they are 26.

They arent really World class players on that shortlist, although some are very good. At 21-22 they are not yet at their prime.

Cool so my dream of having wingers pumping the ball into the box loaded with 3 giants is still a chance in 2-3 years time. It's just that I have had German Pacheco who has played 40 games in 2 seasons has had next to ability change and I was worried that he was stuck. He had massive improve in his first season with me/alot less in season2 and nothing this season (using tug's training 4-4 1/2 star coaches). And I've picked up 3-4 guys this season on a free. I won't have to buy anyone then for 3-4 seasons

Last edited:
Everyone has their potential. If you neglect some when theyre 19-20, make sure you play them regularly before theyre 23-24. I did this with Johan Djourou (not much there anyway tbh) and im shafting him now, so make sure they get game time.

Typically, i do?

16-18 : Youth Training.
18:- First team sub if excellent.
- Loan out if potentially good.
- First team training if needs time, loan out later.

I'm pounding on teams ATM so I'm subbing them in for the last 30mins and starting them for cup/Champions league games against weak teams (the german cup isn't that deep though) as well as the odd start in injury relief. They're also playing reserve fixtures and getting tutored by whoever is suitable.

I usually have a 50-60 game season so they get around 15-20 appearances as subs and around 5-10 starts per season. I have Torric who's coming along nicely and he made 25 appearances last season of which 9 were starts. Really they're playing around the same number of games as my senior starters

I'm pounding on teams ATM so I'm subbing them in for the last 30mins and starting them for cup/Champions league games against weak teams (the german cup isn't that deep though) as well as the odd start in injury relief. They're also playing reserve fixtures and getting tutored by whoever is suitable.

I usually have a 50-60 game season so they get around 15-20 appearances as subs and around 5-10 starts per season. I have Torric who's coming along nicely and he made 25 appearances last season of which 9 were starts. Really they're playing around the same number of games as my senior starters

have you got a screenie of Torric? im monitoring him atm.