angs123

Reaction score
Has your team not been able to convert clear-cut chances, or one-on-one chances into goals? well mine has. This problem has been bugging me only in FM11, is it due to my players, (i'm liverpool), my tactics or just the match engine? Can it be solved?

Many thanks in advance:)

same m8 on my MK Dons save it is really fustrating when a player with 15 finishing stats missed every one on one

Members moaned about this 'problem' on FM10.

'Clear cut chances' doesn't mean missed a sitter if you are judging your post game stats. And if you are going by the 3D match engine, its merely the game attempting a graphical representation of the processes being carried out in the background, so something that appears to be a golden opportunity to score a 1 on 1 may be a harder chance than it appears. The striker could be off balance, under pressure from a defender, etc etc.

Also a striker needs more than jsut a high finishing attribute to score a one on one or a cear chance.

Composure, technique, anticipation, agility, decisions and first touch are all highly important attributes when it comes to scoring a one on one or an instinct chance.

There are ways to fix this, some members found success with asking players to time waste more, meaning players take their time over a one on one, not the intended point of time wasting, but hey ho.

Also there are some effective touchline shouts and PPM's that can be used to improve this problem.

Last edited:
im the exact same fella, i have a edited striker as myself who cant score either :(

i've seen players like lucas to gerrard to torres shooting straight at the keeper for no reason. why cant they aim at the side of the keeper at least?

guess its just luck then...

Atleast they hit the keeper,instead of hitting the ball into orbit like Carew does 95% of the time...

If you actually sign players with stats that show they are probably going to be good at taking one on one chances, you might get better..
Some people just think because they arent very good at the game then there's a problem with the game.. Annoying.

i've seen players like lucas to gerrard to torres shooting straight at the keeper for no reason. why cant they aim at the side of the keeper at least?

guess its just luck then...

Yeah this is so true. I mean I get if it's 1-2 CCC that's wasted
I can get 6-7 CCCs per game and score none.

Talk about super keeper or stupid strikers?

There are ways to fix this, some members found success with asking players to time waste more, meaning players take their time over a one on one, not the intended point of time wasting, but hey ho.

Is this true? Does the 'wasting time' settings applied in this situation as well?

Maybe do your pre-match prep as attacking training? I've had no trouble in scoring. I'm Swansea City and Shefki Kuqi is banging them in for fun for me, along with Stephen Dobbie.