Watford 2014/15 - Just won promotion to the Premiership - Bargain Players?

Kev Gee

Reaction score
Hi ive just won promotion with Watford to the Prem for the 14/15 season.

I have been given 12M & a wage budget of 450k pw.

Ive signed John Guidetti from Man City for 3M.

I have around 5M left to play with & could do with a Left Winger & Centre Back.

Id like hard working team players who have good Work rate/Stamina/Teamwork/Determination

Any recommendations?

Vitinho on a free transfer for LW if he hasn't gone anywhere.

I just did the same with Brighton. Got a slightly bigger budget that you though, think I got like 24 Million (I did win the Capital One Cup though)

I signed Routledge for 1.3 Million and he is doing well as a IF on the left wing.

I also managed to get Tom Carroll for 1.3 Million too, who has good work rate, stamina, teamwork and determination.

Also got Khalid Boulahrouz on a free transfer. 17 Work rate, 18 team work, 17 determination and 17 stamina. He is 32 though, so he is more a rotational player for me, but could be good if you get desperate.

Gareth Barry - Probably a free, can play CM, but also LB and CB, good reserve
Tom Thorpe or Michael Keane from Man Utd as your CD, young and usually available cheap or on loan
Rio Ferdinand - Most likely a free, will be 36 ish but still useful at that age
Nathan Baker - Young and usually available for around the ?2M mark
Johan Djourou - Available as a free I believe at the end the point your at
Chris Brunt or Adam Johnson for your winger, usually transfer listed at around ?2-?3M mark

cheers lads!
yeah ive signed Boulahrouz on a free & Caldwell from Wigan. Both the wrong side of 30 but will hopefully help keep us up this year.

Im thinking of getting players (Guidetti aside) that are experienced in the PL with some young loanees from Man U/Arsenal/Man CIty etc. If i stay up this season then i will then look at signing the up & coming talents next year.

I always look at teams who got relegated and pick off some of the unhappy transfer listed players. Scored a couple good deals with my Huddersfield squad.