CraigF92

Reaction score
Hey guys this is one of my first posts on here so i ain't sure if it's in the correct area.

Right the thing is i am Watford at the moment and we had a excellent start to the season. Then BOOM. Like most seasons i do we go on a horrible run. It happened with my Ipswich save a few weeks ago and i just ended up quitting that.

Results so far....

WATFORD 2-0 EXETER CUP
BARNSLEY 2-4 WATFORD
WATFORD 5-0 BOLTON
BLACKBURN 2-0 WATFORD
WATFORD 1-0 CARLISLE
WATFORD 2-1 C PALACE
MILLWALL 1-1 WATFORD
WATFORD 4-2 IPSWICH
HULL CITY 1-1 WATFORD
CARDIFF 2-0 WATFORD
WATFORD 2-2 BRIGHTON
WATFORD 1-3 BLACKPOOL
LEICESTER 2-0 WATFORD
WOLVES 2-0 WATFORD

It seems to be more so my away form that is costing us. But if we can't win away then we can't expect to go far?

At home we play a 4-4-2 balanced standard. Which seems to be working fine most of the time.

GK(D)

FB(AUTO) CD(D) LD(D) FB(AUTO)

W(A) BWM(D) DLP(S) W(A)

TM(S) P(A)

Instructions are.... shorter passing, disciplined, press more, more aggressive, zonal marking, stick to position, time wasting rarely. Others are at default.

Away from home we play a balanced counter. 4-1-2-1-2 and as you can see we have only won 1 on the road. Got a few draws aswell but that's about it.

GK(D)

FB(AUTO) CD(D) LD(D) FB(AUTO)

A(D)

DLP(S) BWM(D)

AM(S)

TM(S) P(A)

Instructions are direct passing, more disciplined, zonal marking. Other stuff is on default.

This current bad run has put us down to 11th in the table when we are in the top 4 for the good run of games. I just wanted to be given some advice/feedback before we fall WAY behind.

Anyone got any good experience in the Championship? Should i stick with the 4-4-2? Also we seem to be letting in a awful lot of goals. Which seems to be the case in most of my saves.

Help please? Sorry if this isn't enough information. I haven't signed anyone so it is just the current crop.

Just beat Middlesbrough away 1-2 with the 4-4-2 so maybe i will use that away from home aswell.

Just try and play a more defensive game away from home, especially in the Championship as there are no real stronger teams. If you drop the mentality to a lower level (Counter, Standard or Control) means that if you don't concede then the longer the game goes on, the more frustrated the opposition gets and throws more players forward so you can take advantage if you have quality CM's which you do in the form of Abdi and Hogg.

Hope this helps :)

I promoted Watford to premier league first season with a 4-2-3-1 formation and I lost only 2 games I believe, currently in 2018/2019 season still in the premier league and in the champions league for the second time. Also won the premier league last season by a single point over Arsenal.

I have won 3 in a row and i am up to 5th. 2 of them were at home but the morale will be up now and hopefully we can put a good run together.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I've also been struggling with Watford, I keep getting sacked and starting a new game but I just won my first match of the season by using 442 tactics above.