Watford - Richest club Challenge + more.

Vibes

Reaction score
View attachment 332896

Hi, I'm Vibes. Been following this forum for a long time now and have been wanting to do an FM story for a while now. I have been playing the game for many years and thought I may aswell start early on a long term story.

On this save I have decided to set a few LONG TERM goals to make it more interesting, with the ultimate aim of getting them all ticked off. So here they are:

- Become the Richest club in the world
- Win the Champions League
- Develop a youth academy system where U-21's will be bought, train with the club for a few years, and them be drafted into the first team or sold for profit. Win the U-21 and U-18's league.
- Win the Premier League
-Win the FA cup
-Win the League Cup
-Win the European Super Cup
-Win the World Club Championship

(If anyone can thing of any other long term challenges I would be happy to undertake them if reasonable)

So I have decided to start with Watford for no particular reason, I have already played a couple of months so I will make sure to recap and bring everyone up to date.

Hope people will follow this long term save

Screenshots will follow shortly :):)

A team full of players from your youth academy would be good.
Will be following

Here are the signings I made before the deadline

View attachment 332501View attachment 332500

My two Biggest signings of the summer were William Gallas and Joseph Yobo, they bring good Prem experience for a season as we hope to stay tight at the back. Both coming in on a free and Joel Ekstrand leaving for 4.2m this proved to be a good bit of business.

Last edited:
View attachment 332496
Another Key signing was the acquisition of Francis Coquelin from Arsenal for only 1.5m after being Transfer Listed. Bought to play in the defensive midfield role Coquelin should prove to be a great player in the future and should benefit from getting regular first team football here at Watford

Last edited:
View attachment 332494

It was always going to be hard to keep Troy Deeney but I thought the 6.5m fee from QPR more than justified his exit. I brought in Argentinian striker Denis Straquilursi (who some may remember from his short spell at Everton) to provide quality cover for Matej Vydra who I thought was more than good enough to be our main striker in this division having already proven himself at this level.