Wayne Rooney or Robin Van Persie?

Yeh.. but that still does not really effect my point of thinking his primary position and best position by a mile is behind the striker where Kagawa will be, of course Rooney will be the lone striker though because if Kagawa is playing in his natural AMC position (which I hope he does) Rooney simply has to be in the team elsewhere.

Yeah I agree with what you are saying, but since we have proper AM it will be good to see Rooney playing as #9 as he can drop deeper when Kagawa makes those runs whereas in 2009 we had no one in the midfield to make those runs.

Also my post was to address ths:
I no longer think of Rooney as someone who plays as a striker like RVP though

And lets be honest, no-one was talking about RVP like this before last season..

Last summer- Rooney without a doubt. This summer... probably RVP... just. Rooney is more complete, but Van Persie is slightly better technically and IMO slightly more clinical. He can score so many goals out of nothing from the edge of the box. Then again, Rooney is probably more versatile. (Yes RVP had played in other positions but it negates his usefulness significantly, whereas Rooney slots into other positions fairly seamlessly.

Rooney is also less injury prone and has a better work rate. I really can't get off the fence about this one tbh, I can't choose between them.

I saw my mate, the other day, he told me he'd seen the white Pele, so i asked, who is he? HE GOES BY THE NAME OF WAYNE ROONEY!!!!

Rooney... obviously.

RVP has been good for the past 12 months but would you have really compared him to Rooney at all before then? **** no.

rooney is a better complete player whereas rvp is an excellent finisher but his passing, etc isnt as goods as rooneys
aguero is a better player than rvp for me though and in prem is between rooney and aguero in prem with rooney winning

It's hard to compare them really, RVP is a technically gifted forward who plays as a lone striker with great ability and technical prowess to put away the chances created by the attacking midfielders playing behind him, he is without a doubt the spearhead of the Arsenal attack and is there to score goals, which he does fantastically.

Rooney is a hard-working forward built to drop deep and create chances for others in the team aswell himself, best utilised in the 4-4-2 with a poacher-type striker Rooney performs this role fantastically for Man Utd, he posseses outstanding clinicalness in his finishing just like RVP but is perhaps a little less technically gifted than Van Persie, but makes up for this by being a more complete player.

Overall it's 50/50 for me, both suit their teams style and would probably struggle in the other players position.