Brandon777

Reaction score
View attachment 428416
Okay. I have moved from Everton to Man U. I am generally pleased with his contribution to the team. He has been very good. But, I just cant get him to score. I have tried everything. Ive played him as a lone striker instead of my first choice, Aleksandar Mitrovic, who has been fantastic and has scored many goals for about 10 games straight, he still wont score.

What could be the problem?

I found that when he gets to 30 its better to retrain him as a CM is awesome once fluid, if you want to keep him as STR try him as F9str that's how I got best out of him.

I've probably had over 4 different Man United-saves with different tactics, and my experience is that Rooney only scores a lot in a formation with 2 strikers.

I play him as a SS/AMC in 4-2-3-1 behind Lewan and he performs well, not excellent though. He's 30 now and I haven't bother training him to CM, but when I did in FM13 save he did pretty well there too

Only five of those are in the league.

Thats nitpicking, if you have one striker who scores lots in the league ("Aleksandar Mitrovic, who has been fantastic and has scored many goals for about 10 games straight") and another who scores lots in domestic cups and continental comps (Rooney), then you really can't complain about either of them not scoring enough goals. People are going to have to accept that this years version of FM has been designed to make it harder for strikers to score 20+ goals a season unless they are the most consistent and injury free players with the most creative and hard-working team behind them. In other words, unless you have assembled the best team in the world, you are not going to be scoring 6 goals a game/ have 2 or 3 strikers scoring on a 1:1 ratio.

Rooney is a specific striker like nobody else. He's much more support team player - an assist man then goals record braker.
Wayne is a natural Complete Forward - give him that role with support duty and your second striker (AF or P)
will score for fun. He is also great False 9.

Ive sold Rooney to Everton for 18 mil and got Aguero from Bayern

he seems to be doing from what i c. Don't play him as a ST play him as ACM behind ST or play him as F9 2nd striker.