Ways that smaller clubs can make money

stewafc

Reaction score
Hey Guys
Ok so Iv'e not played much FM since the 2012 edition. Got Wrexham to win the champions league numerous times etc,has been by far the most success ive ever had on the games.
I had 2013 but just couldn't get into it! Didn't even bother with last years but I woke up yesterday with the bright idea to download 15 and try to fall back in love with the game.

Need a little bit of help first.....what do I need to keep an eye out for on this version more than 12 etc.
On 2012 a lot of my success was down to playing 15+ friendlies and using the gate money to improve the side but now the majority of the money goes to the opposition. I know its more realistic so how else can I improve the clubs finances without the cup runs, selling players etc?

Thanks in advance

Friendlies against big teams at home in pre-season are good money spinners. Not done any in FM15 but when I was managing a team in the Isthmian league I managed to get Man Utd etc for some games pre-season and it made me a decent wodge of cash.

The best way for me to make money, no matter what club im managing is free transfers. In winter transfer window, approach to sign best players you can (age < or = 27 yrs). Give these players a lot of playing time right from the minute they join the club. The more you play them, the faster the interest grows upon them. I do this even at top teams in FM and works a charm. I only get players that fit my tactical system though.

Whenever I'm a small club I always look for a few parent clubs first, you get the annual fee and obviously don't have to pay wages, it's a win win

I always arrange Cup competitions. When the biggest clubs in your country fill your little stadium you'll also get TV income. I usually stage at least 4 of these per preseason.