We all had that one good game

phippss

Reaction score
Ive been a long time player of FM ever since FM07, ive had each game and played at length on every single one, but i can never seem to stick with a game. I had one game which went to the year 2027 with AFC Wimbledon, i quit that and moved onto a new game starting unemployed. (If this sounds like a story sorry) i went to QPR and saved them from relegation, i then moved to Newcastle guiding them to 3rd in the premier league and signing big name players like Steven Gerrard and Torres, by doing that it seemed to turn Liverpool's fortunes down, after a successful 3 years at Newcastle the call came in for Liverpool and i went, i didnt do as successful as i would of liked, a mid table finish saw me sacked and hired by Bolton (joy of joys!!) where i went about half a season then i finally lost interest. That game had to be the best i have ever played but since i have not really been able to replicate my interest in the game. Maybe it is to do with ive moved to FM10 where FM09 i enjoyed more or maybe its because i dont like the unrealistic factor in it, in one of my first season's Tottenham won the Premier League, not that i dont like Spurs but who can see them winning the title??

If anyone has any help with getting immersed in the game please help. I might think of doing a story to try and get me into it too but any suggestions please share

It seems you really like a challenge so I recommend you start from a team that is in the lower divisions because then you can build them up to succeed in the premier league, you should only do a story if you are committed to your save and if you think it's unrealistic, who cares? as long as you enjoy it.

i see where you are coming from. My latest challenge i undertook was Halesowen Town (going for the local side haha) and of course that is very low but i just didnt feel into it. I like the challenge of a lower league team for a while then it gets boring for me. I have a good idea for a story so i will see what that does for me but thanks for the suggestion mate :)