We Don't Do Walking Away - A Rangers Story

deGers

Reaction score
I've decided to start up a Rangers story, and try to get them back to the SPL. I'll probably find this story easier than any other one I've done, because I know the players so well. I have made all the up to date, confirmed signings, with help of LFC Marshall's update. It's going to be more of me showing you my progress, rather than an actual story.

My Aim is get to get back to back promotions to the SPL, aswell as hopefully some very succesful cup runs. Hopefully, we can do a quadruple one year!

"We Shall Emerge Stronger" - Bill Struth

Squad
GOALKEEPERS
Neil Alexander - The best goalkeeper at the club at the moment. Has plenty of experience, and his current ability is good enough for the divisions we're in.

Scott Gallagher - Decent back up, but hopefully Neil can stay fit throughout the whole season.

DEFENDERS
Carlos Bocanegra - USA Captain, and probably the best player at the club. Very experienced, and isn't as injury prone as some of the other players at the club.

Dorin Goian - The second best defender, as he is very tall and very strong. Another experienced player, who will no doubt be very important in the journey back to the SPL.

Lee Wallace - Signed from Hearts, a very pacey Left Back, who can bomb forward quickly.

Kirk Broadfoot - The best right back at the club, who has played a lot of European games for Rangers in the past. Not the best defender, but good enough for the Third Division.

Ross Perry - Will be good enough back up, but still learning his trade as a defender. Very young, and should look for Bocanegra as a great role model.

Darren Cole - A decent young right back, but will probably not be used very often.

Chris Hegarty - Very much the same as Ross Perry.

MIDFIELDERS
Ian Black - New signing from Hearts, and a very good hard tackler. The third division can be a rough league, and Black will fit in well.

Lee McCulloch - A very good defensive midfielder, who can also play centre back or as a Target Man upfront. He will prove to be arguably our most important player this season. Also our new captain.

Maurice Edu - A good American midfielder, and probably the best midfielder at the club in terms of ability. Will no doubt be very important.

Kyle Hutton - A great young midfielder, who should look to McCulloch and Edu as role models. Will be good back up.

Alejandro Bedoya - Again, he will be good back up for the team. Can be quite creative as a playmaker.

Andrew Mitchell - A decent young player, good enough for the Third Division.

Robbie Crawford - Same as Andrew Mitchell.

Dean Shiels - A fantastic signing from Kilmarnock, will be very important this season. Very good at going forward, and score alot of goals.

STRIKERS

Andrew Little - A good young striker, who will probably play alot of games for us this season. Good enough for the first three divisions atleast.

Craig Beattie - Have just signed him in game. Was very good for Hearts, hopefully should do a job for us in the Third Division.

Kane Hemmings - A good young striker like Little, good enough for the Third Division.

Lewis MacLeod - Perhaps won't play many games, but decent back up.

Kal Naismith - Same as Lewis MacLeod.

Barrie McKay - Same as Lewis MacLeod.

Transfer Update

I released Grant Adam as he is not a very good goalkeeper in game. Unfortunately, I started this game before Sandaza and Emilson had joined, so don't have them for us in the game.

I have signed Craig Beattie on a free, and is only on about £2k p/w.

Pre-Season
Dundee 0-2 Rangers
McKay 31', Naismith 80'

Starting Line Up:
Alexander
Cole (Broadfoot 77'), Perry, Goian, Bocanegra
McCulloch
Black, Hutton (Edu 77')
MacLeod (Naismith 37')
McKay (Little 77'), Beattie

A pretty decent start to pre-season. Dundee are in the SPL, so we were considered underdogs. The young players play very well. Lewis MacLeod picked up an injury, that's why he was substituted in the 77th minute.

Ill be following mate as a Rangers fan myself :), good luck although you probably wont need much luck haha!

@SammyJ Haha, hopefully should be a stroll in the park! WATP.

I'll be following. Should be intresting to see where you take the team and see how long it will take. Shouldn't take too long though.