• Thread starter Thread starter AldoKemp-1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 6K

AldoKemp-1

Reaction score
We Don't Do Walking Away!

wedontdowalkingaway.jpg

The rain was pouring down battering off my window, It was so heavy that it was the rain that actually woke me up. The wind was lashing branches from tree's around outside my flat as I lay lying in my bed, I sat up in my bed and reached over the side picking up my laptop to continue the article in the Rangers news for this week.

I turned on my laptop and continued to write about the current financial situation and how the players would be able to handle the pressure of performing on the park when so many jobs where unsafe because that's the problem with the fans they/I forget that afterall it is their jobs to play football and win matches and any one of us would be under serious pressure if our companies went into administration.

The club will start of battling at the beginning of the season with a 10 point deduction giving Celtic and Advantage and odd's on favourites for the league title this season finally halting Rangers 3 in a row win streak unless they can pull a sublime comeback in one of the most vital seasons of Rangers history. I had a season ticket for the club sitting in the copeland stand in the front row behind the goals and always travelled to watch and write about the teams performance on the park.
I had managed to get an interview with owner Craig Whyte recently and he said his plans are to push the team out of administration and sell the business on so he can continue going to Ibrox as a fan (Very unlikely I thought.) Whyte bought the club for £1 from Sir David Murray and plunged the club into administration, After a series of controversial documentaries and news stories it was revealed to everyone Whyte had been banned from being a director previously and it is safe to say he isn't really fit to run a football club. The Daily Record revealed that Whyte had negotiated a deal with Finance company Ticketus racking up the clubs debts and promised them they would get their money back through season ticket sales - This money was used to purchase the club and rid some of the debt and not actually out of Mr Whyte's pocket as promised and it's quite obvious to see that millions of fans don't want them near the club they love.

fansprotest.png

*Phone Buzzes*

iphone.png

I picked up my Iphone to read the text and realised it was from ex Rangers legend Richard Gough, He and I had formed a good friendship over the years and often went out for a beer or two at the weekend and spoke about Rangers mainly and how the playing days where different now than back then when Gough used to play. I wasn't lucky enough to be blessed with the talent these men had but I still knew what I was talking about.

I read the text which said in capital letters "TURN ON SKY SPORTS NEWS NOW!" and that worried me, He never texts like that unless it's important or something bad's happened and the first thought that went through my head was Rangers had been liquidated. I scrambled about for the sky remote and eventually found it down the back of my bed along with a bra, Wasn't sure who's it was but thats a story for another day... So I turned on the t.v and pressed 405 on the sky remote to see the yellow breaking news sign scroll along the bottom on Sky Sports News.

Whyte cause's Mccoist resignation.

mccoistandwhyte.png

Ally Mccoist had resigned as manager due to a fall out with chairman Craig Whyte, Whyte gave Mccoist an ultimatum giving him the choice to let Whyte get rid of a number of the stars top players and for him to inervene in the team selection if he feels the need to. Mccoist stated it is the worst possible time for him to leave the club and he's doing it reluctantly but feels he has no other option than to leave rather than sit watching Whyte destroy the club he loves. Administrators Duff & Phelps have announced they and not Whyte will choose the next manager of Rangers and will move quickly into appointing a manager in the next few days.
I text Goughy back, "F*ck me! Who do you think they'll bring in ? Why don't you apply for the job lol ? x" he replied instantly admitting he wouldn't want the job under these circumstances as he can understand how hard it must have been for Coisty to quit. We met up in the pub for a few and sat discussing who we though would take the job and who we would like to take it as I jokingly said I had sent a c.v away to apply for the job myself. Personally I thought someone like Stuart Mccall could very well take over the job but under administrators who knows anything could happen even I could get the job a journalist for Rangers news.

A few days had gone by and there was no sign of a new manager at Ibrox or a new buyer which was unfortunate as everyone wants Whyte out, Already racking up a debt of £14million, putting the club into administration and forcing Rangers legend Ally Mccoist to quit his post as manager. Poll's where going about online asking who is hated more in Ibrox: Neil Lennon or Craig Whyte and the results are very close.

Duff & Phelps announce new manager.

duffphelps.png

This afternoon Duff & Phelps have released a statement and press conference announcing they have found and signed a new manager for the club, before announcing some good news onto the club they let fans know that Steven Whittaker was sold for £2.1million to Wolves and Gregg Wylde put out on loan to Motherwell. With many reporters mumbling about the players leaving administrators then reveled the new manager of Rangers would be Graeme Souness.

A Rangers legend who managed the team before beginning the 9 in a row run was back and meant business. In a brief statement Souness said "Today I've signed with Rangers on the basis that NO other players will leave this club unless they have my consent, I have also made it clear that I will negotiate transfers coming in and out the club within reason. Myself, My Assistant Kenny McDowall and new first team coach Richard Gough will ensure this club stays alive and challenges for the title and a european place next season.

Richard Gough had offered me the position of Journalist for Rangers and my duties including writing reports of matches, transfers and any statements or intentions they had for the club whilst they were in charge. I snapped the job up asif it was the managers job at Ibrox rather than a Journalistic job.
Enthusiastically I entered the front doors and began walking up the wonderful marble staircase, I met Goughy at the top and we took the tour of the stadium, The last time I took the tour I was just a kid so seeing it all again was amazing. I was shown where I would sit on matchdays (IN THE DUGOUT!) or in the Directors box if I wanted.

sounesswithrangers.png

Souness in his playing days for Rangers.

Souness makes signings.

Souness wasn't a man for waiting around and I knew that he had told me he was making three signings and they would be done today and a tour of Murray Park and Ibrox would be done tomorrow and I was the one to give it, I kept my schedule free even though I wasn't even sure if we'd get the players but Souness was certain he would get who he wanted.

Sure enough three signings were made and the next day they had both been chauffered to Murray park ready for the tour of the facilities which I was made to give as the tour guide was off sick.

First signing was Italian Veteran Alessandro Pellicori, The 30 Year old striker who was once on the books at Q.P.R and Seria B Side Torino joined the Ibrox side for free. The second man to come onto the books at Ibrox was David Templeton of Hearts who was a very promising winger, 22 Years old joining for a fee of £1.5million and was the only man brought in with a fee. The Final Signing of the transfer window was promising French midfielder Paul Pogba joining on loan from Manchester United.

pellicori.png
templeton.jpg
pogba.png

Pellicori, Templeton & Pogba hope to get involved straight away

Brilliant Start, and good detail too. And its obviously a very interesting position in Scotland since you'll have to challenge for the title and Europe with a point deficit :D Wish you all the best luck though~ Looking forward to the next installment :)

Cheers, Anyone who does follow just to let you know updates might not come reguarly but I will update, I have baby and house to run so I'm busy as well as working so please be patient and i'll try make the story last and as detailed as possible. Thank for the comments so far.

The Squad​

teamphoto.png

Goalkeepers
Neil Alexander
Allan McGregor
Scott Gallacher

neilalexander.png

Key Goalkeeper: Neil Alexander​

Souness has revealed that Neil Alexander will be the main goalkeeper this season after performing well in training and pre-season matches. McGregor will be forced to fight for his place and could possibly be on his way out the door in January or next season depending on the situation.

Defenders
Kirk Broadfoot
Kyle Bartley
Carlos Bocanegra
Ross Perry
Stuart Urqhuart
Lee Wallace
Sasa Papac
Dorin Goian​

Only 8 main defenders in the squad with Steven Whittaker being sold to Wolves before Souness took over, Youngsters Perry and Urqhuart have took the step up from the reserves to play for the first team. Both players delighted and determined to cement place in the squad whilst the opportunity is there.

bocanegra.png

Key Defender: Carlos Bocanegra.​

The USA Captain just joined the side in the summer but comes in with alot of experience and will be asked to step up to the plate and bring on the younger players to ensure they can peform and learn to a level thats acceptable by Souness's standards.

Midfielders
Lee McCulloch
Maurice Edu
Jamie Ness
Steven Davis
Matt McKay
Paul Pogba
Alesandro Bedoya
David Templeton
Mervan Celik
Sone Aluko
Rhys Mccabe
Salim Kerkar​

A good strong midfield for Rangers to rotate however the formation Souness has decided to play includes a defensive mid and 2 central midfielders and with 5 wingers and 7 Central players there could be alot of upset players if they don't get enough playing time on the park.

davis.jpg

Key Midfielder: Steven Davis​

If Rangers are to have a successful season under Souness Davis will need to step up and show he is a worthy captain of the Ibrox side and be willing to lead the club while times are rough.

Strikers
Steven Naismith
Kyle Lafferty
Alessandro Pellicori
Andy Little
David Healy
Kane Hemmings​

A little short on the attacking front with Lafferty injured and Hemmings and Little being youngsters with little experience Souness will be looking to his new signing Pellicori to bring in a little experience along with Naismith and Healy.

naismith.png

Key Striker: Steven Naismith​

Souness will expect alot from Naismith as long as he stays away from injury he should be the main striker and scoring at least 15-20 goals a season for the club.

Overall the team looks pretty strong and the weakest area in my opinion is the defensive midfield area with only Lee Mcculloch and Maurice Edu who can fill that slot. There's plenty of options up front and there shouldn't be a problem on the wings and the only problem in defence is the lack of experience however i'm sure Bocanegra and Goian could help the younger players out.

July & August

Pre-Season
[
telaviv.png
HNKGorica.png
Medjimurje.png
peterhead.png
litex.png

Rangers 0 - 0 H. Tel-Aviv

HNK Gorica 1 - 4 Rangers - Naismith, Hemmings, McCulloch, Robinson.

Medjimurje 1 - 2 Rangers - Bartley, Davis.

Peterhead 1 - 2 Rangers - Hemmings (2)

Rangers 0 - 1 Litex​

An up and down pre season starting off with a bore draw at home then winning 3 games on the bounce away from home and then losing at home. 2 games played at Ibrox and the fans didn't witness a goal from their side which didn't leave them too optimistic for the season ahead, However Souness promised they will make the competitive matches count especially at home as he wants Ibrox packed everyweek.

hemmings.png

hearts.jpg

Rangers 4 - 2 Hearts - Bocanegra (2), Little, Edu​

Bocanegra started off his Rangers debut sublimely firstly by opening the scoring for the champions giving them a 1-0 lead with Maurice Edu grabbing a second in the second half to increase the lead. Soon to be Ranger winger David Templeton grabbed a goal back for Hearts giving them a lifeline into the game until Bocanegra again stepped up to the mark grabbing his second of the game giving Rangers another 2 goal lead but pressure was back on when Black pulled a goal back in the 87th minute to make it a nervy ending however youngster Andy Little coming off the bench grabbed his goal in the 95th minute securing Rangers first 3 points taking the points to -7.

bocanegraa.png

UCLLOGO.png

Zestaponi 0 - 4 Rangers - Naismith (2), Aluko, Edu​

Rangers carried their away pre-season form into their champions league qualifier grabbing 4 away goals in Georgia. Naismith opened the scoring and quickly fired in a second 7 minutes later, Rangers then left it late with Aluko grabbing his first goal for the club in the 80th minute and Edu scoring his second of the season 4 minutes later securing a vital away win for the club.

stjohnstone.png

St Johnstone 1 - 0 Rangers​

First competitive defeat against a tough side with the trip up to Perth always expected to be a difficult one, Souness will be dissapointed at not being able to convert chances into goals as his team dominated but failed to put the ball in the net as Murray Davidson's 9th minute goal was enough to hold onto the lead.

davidsonstjohn.jpg

UCLLOGO.png

Rangers 3 - 0 Zestaponi - Edu, Healy, Celik​

Another great european night at Ibrox with the club making the aggregate score 7-0, Maurice Edu grabbed another goal and just before half time Healy took his chance of a start by grabbing a second of the match. Zestaponi were awarded a penalty in the 71st minute with Alexander saving the penalty and starting a counter attack to win their own penalty with Mervan Celik grabbing his first goal for the club and securing an impressive 3-0 win at Ibrox.

CLIBROX.png

Rangers Drawn against Slovan Bratislava

slovan.jpg

Ness: "Play me or lose me"​

Rangers youngster Jamie Ness has taken a huge gamble by placing an ultimating on manager Graeme Souness, Souness replied by saying if he proves himself in training then he'll get a chance in the first team and he will need to battle really hard to keep his spot.

caley.png

Inverness 0 - 2 Rangers - Bartley, Pellicori​

Bartley opened the scoring and Pellicori grabbed his first goal for the club in the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium in Inverness where the Old firm have always had tricky games against a tough side. Rangers have now moved to -4 Points in the league and have if they win their next 2 Spl games this month they will move onto positive points where their season will really begin.

pellicori.png

UCLLOGO.png

Slovan Bratislava 0 - 2 Rangers - Bartley, Ness​

Rangers started of their 1st leg away from home in superb style grabbing the first goal in the 15th minute with Kyle Bartley adding to his tally for the season. Youngster Jamie Ness grabbed his chance with both arms after issuing an ultimatum by scoring from long range in the 70th minute to ensure victory and a great chance of qualifying with the next game at home.

mwell.png

Motherwell 0 - 3 Rangers - Ness, Page(og), Pogba.​

Jamie Ness again has proven himself to manager Graeme Souness by grabbing his second goal in as many games in the 3-0 victory over Motherwell, The other goals came from Jonathan Page sending the ball into his own net before Paul Pogba grabbed his first goal for the club to give souness a headache as to which central midfielder to play in the first team.

Ness.png

UCLLOGO.png

Rangers 1 - 0 Slovan Bratislava - Perry​

Rangers again grabbed another win and cemented their place in the champions league group stages with youngster Ross Perry grabbing the goal, With the team so limited in players Perry has played a number of games and stepped up to the mark proving he has what it takes.

perry.jpg

aberdenlogo.png

Rangers 3 - 0 Aberdeen - Aluko, Perry, Bocanegra​

The first derby match of the season against Aberdeen which is always a tough and feisty match with 7 booking and 5 of them were for Rangers, Ross Perry also picked up an injury as well as another goal with Aluko silencing the away boo boys by scoring into his old club and help take Rangers to 1 point in the league ready to start of the season playing catch up.

ALUKOGERS.png

CLDRAW.jpg

Champions League Group of Death

FC Porto
Shakhtar
Rangers
Dortmund​

Souness "I'm delighted with the start we have made so far, Progressing into the Champions league group stages although we received a massively difficult group it will be good for out young players to gain some experience and the money generated will certainly help out the club. The new lads have fitted in well players such as Bocanegra who has scored some goals for us along with our younger lads like Perry and Ness stepping up to the mark when called upon, Now the lads need to keep their feet on the ground and dig in deep.

I've put a little too many pictures on here, I am trying to catch up the story with the actual season but I'll try make the next update more detailed rather than just pictures.​

Last edited:
Ok so I've steamrolled ahead on the game so I'm going to do a update of results, scores and signings and who my best performers are in a short update so I can continue the story in more detail.

September Results
SPL - Dundee Utd 0 - 1 Rangers - Celik
UCL - Porto 3 - 2 Rangers - Naismith(2)
SPL - Rangers 1 - 0 Celtic - Celik
LC - Rangers 3 - 1 Forfar - Perry(2),Kerkar
SPL - Dunfermline 0 - 3 Rangers - Templeton,Little,Davis
UCL - Rangers 1 - 1 Shakhtar - Davis

October Results
SPL -Rangers 3 - 0 Hibernian - Little, Davis,Stephens (OG)
SPL -Rangers 2 - 0 St Mirren - Celik, Naismith
UCL - Dortmund 2 - 0 Rangers
SPL - Hearts 2 - 3 Rangers - Naismith, Pogba, Celik
LC - Rangers 2 - 0 St Mirren - Bocanegra, Healy
SPL - Aberdeen 1 - 3 Rangers - Naismith, Brown(OG), Pellicori

November Results
UCL - Rangers 0 - 1 Dortmund
SPL - Rangers 2 - 0 Dundee Utd - Templeton, Pellicori
SPL - Rangers 3 - 0 St Johnstone - Templeton,Celik,Ness

Rangers sign Zanetti on a free transfer to bolster Defensive midfield position.

UCL - Rangers 1 - 2 Porto - Aluko
SPL - Kilmarnock 3 - 2 Rangers - Naismith(2)
SPL - Rangers 6 - 0 Kilmarnock - Pascali(OG),Templeton,Perry,Celik,Mccabe,Zanetti

December results
SPL - Rangers 4 - 1 Dunfermline - Celik,Zanetti,Naismith,Bocanegra
UCL - Shakhtar 6 - 0 Rangers
SPL - Hibernian 0 - 4 Rangers - Pellicori(2),Naismith,Davis
SPL - Rangers 5 - 1 Inverness - Pellicori,Zanetti(2),Davis,Ness
SPL - St Mirren 0 - 1 Rangers - Davis
SPL - Celtic 1 - 0 Rangers - Stokes.

After an impressive first half of the season we managed to get to +44 points and take us 4 points ahead of Celtic after they started off very slow and poorly. We have only lost 3 games out of the 21 games we've played and we haven't drawn any as of yet. We finished bottom of the champions league group and the 6-0 defeat to Shakhtar looks worse than it is because we rested alot of our first team playera and gave some young players the experience as we were already out and want to focus on the league this season. We have Reached the League cup semi final and will play Aberdeen at the end of January and also have a scottish cup tie against Aberdeen set up aswell. Going into the new year on top after a 10 point deduction is phenomenal and i'm looking forward to hopefully what will be a successful second half of the season aswell.

Key Players
Goalkeeper - Alexander: Played 27 Games, Conceded 17 and has an average rating of 7.01.
Defender - Bocanegra: Played 30 Games, Scored 5 goals and has an average rating of 7.40.
Midfield - Davis: Played 26 Games, Scored 6 Goals and assisted 15 with an average rating of 7.49.
Striker - Naismith: Played 23 Games, Scored 11 goals and has an average rating of 7.16.

Happy New Year

newyear.png

Glasgow City Centre - Hogmany

2.1.2012 - A visit from Motherwell was on the cards for today's game at Ibrox with the club sitting 4 points clear of their Old Firm rivals they need to keep the pressure on their rivals with a win to keep hold of the SPL championship. Motherwell are always a tricky team to come up against and the home fans will be hoping for a strong performance from their team.

Souness: "I expect my boys to do well, We have battled this hard last year and were hoping to kickstart the new year with a bang and continue our winning ways in todays game with our fantastic support we can beat anyone and should beat anyone in the spl here.

Scottish Premier League
Kick-off - 3:00
Rangers 2 - 0 Motherwell​

A match that Rangers were made to fight for and were pressured for alot of the game with the visitors certainly making it difficult. The fans were on edge for most of the game and a corner in the 75th minute saw Ross Perry's header come back of Randolph and into the net making it 1-0, The fans were made to wait until the 90th minute to see their team secure the 3 points with another OG this time by Marc Bernaus.

Souness: "A trickier fixture than i'd have liked however the games won and we have 3 points, We will go into the next game determined to score more goals for ourselves."

randolph.jpg

Randolph challenging Sone Aluko

Next fixture: Scottish Cup 4th Round Vs Aberdeen at Ibrox - Sky Sports 4

Excellent comeback from -10 points. Liking the layout too, could maybe do a bit more detail into the player side imo :). Looking forward to the second half of the season on this story!

Excellent comeback from -10 points. Liking the layout too, could maybe do a bit more detail into the player side imo :). Looking forward to the second half of the season on this story!

Cheers, What do you mean by player side ? I am hoping to have more detailed updates from now on. But any feedback helps me.

I just meant maybe a little more detail into top goalscorers, signs of improvement from individual players, dips in form, month awards,etc.

The Scottish Cup

An impressive scottish cup run is always something every manager wants even in the Old Firm not a priority but definately a trophy you want to win especially if you win the league aswell. The match today at Ibrox is even more important due to it being a derby against rivals Aberdeen, Always a fierce battle between the two and although Aberdeen are not the team they used to be the rivalry has never changed. Souness had revealed before the match that several changes would be made in order to give some players playing time and also to rest some of his key players in the squad, He stated "Today I have made a number of changes and playing some rotational and younger players, I am not playing down the value of the cup or Aberdeen however I still believe the team I have fielded today is strong enough and good enough to do well in this match."

Souness's Squad: McGregor, Mcausland, Goian, Mcculloch, Urqhart, Zanetti, Pogba, Mckay, Mccabe, Kerkar, Healy.​

Pogba on life at Rangers: "So far I have very much enjoyed my time in Glasgow and everyone has been great and helped me settle in here. The fans are fantastic and everyone has explained how important these matches mean and how much this club means to so many people and I notice that everytime I walk into a shop or walk out on the park it's the same reaction you get. Hopefully I can thank the fans and management for their support by playing well in the games I play, I am unsure of my future but obviously if I can I would stay at Manchester United because of how big a club they are but you can't predict these things so you never know."

Scottish Cup 4th Round
Kick-Off: 13:00 Ibrox Stadium
Rangers Vs Aberdeen

Rangers started the game well however Aberdeen had a great chance in the 8th minute when a rocket shot thundered off the bar, Rangers finally started to get into that match in the 20th minute but it took them until the 45th minute to grab a goal and it was a pass played through by Rhys Mccabe to David Healy who calmy slotted the ball across the goal and into the net making it 1-0 right before half time changing both managers team talks. Aberdeen came into the game in the second half and their pressure paid off in the 58th minute when Mawene knocked a free header across McGregors outstretching palm to put the ball into the net and equalise for Aberdeen. Rangers Substitution - Zanetti (Inj) for Perry, Davis for McKay. Not long after he came on Davis bent in a superb corner onto the onrushing Goian to header into an empty net has the keeper mistimed his run and on the 84th minute Rangers should have been 2 goals in front after Healy picked out Mccabe who was greedy instead of playing across goal for a tap in went for the shot himself and messed it up leaving Souness bawling on the touchline. Substitution - Mccabe for Templeton. Davis laid the ball back to Mcculloch from the corner of the box who rifled in a shot which bent in post and in making it 3-1 to Rangers from a goal that came from nothing. Final Result 3-1.

Man of the match Lee Mcculloch had this to say "It was a great team effort and were glad were through to the next round the younger players came in and played some good football and with a changed squad everyone dug in deep and got the result we deserved, Aberdeen came out with all guns blazing and weren't afraid to get stuck into challenges which is sometimes good for the younger players to learn to take hard knocks in the game"

leemcculloch.png

Zanetti picks up thigh strain and will be out for 2-3 weeks.

Rangers draw division 2 side Stirling in next round.

Loving the story being a fellow bear :) keep up the good work and in my rangers game celik was outstanding scored 21 goals in 40 games from the wing

Great story, It'll be a good challenge in FM 13 getting a youth side from division 3 to the SPL. KIU though mate. Enjoying it alot.

Loving this story mate as I'm a massive Rangers fan myself. I'll follow as " We don't do walking away" :P!

Souness today sat in his office having an interesting discussion with Steven Naismiths Agent Ally McClymont.

AM: He's your top scorer he deserves more money!

GS: He's only scored 11 goals in 25 games for 10 grand a week I expect more goals than that.

AM: We have some players on a higher wage that aren't as good as him though we want more money!

GS: Those players got those numbers before I came, Look if Naisy proves to me on the pitch and at the end of the season is on at least 20 goals then i'll give him the pay rise that's the best I'll offer.

AM: Ok I'll speak to Steven about it.

End of Phone Call

Souness began planning the trip up to Mcdiarmid Park in Perth a 2 o'clock kick off and the bus was leaving at 10.00am the lads would recieve a breifing on the bus as they leave Ibrox followed by a spell of karaoke to have the lads bonding and putting the teams morale up before the game and finally the players would relax and do what they liked the normal routine was some of the quieter lads such as Bocanegra, Edu, McKay and Goian would gather and play a game of poker, whilst others would sit listening to their own music with the roudy ones up the back having a joke and a sing song players such as McGregor, Bartley, Lafferty and Naismith were among some of those players at the back of the bus. Steven Davis always sat in the front beside the coaching staff discussing the game planning the tactics and how they would approach the match he was professional and wanted to ensure he knew everything before leading the team out onto the park. Suddenly there was a knock at the door and after a pause Enter Souness yelled as Sasa Papac walked into the room and took a seat in front of the manager.

GS: What's the problem Sasa, How can I help you ?

SP: Well gaffer I haven't played much this season and I believe I am a first team player and if I don't get games then I would prefer a move to another team.

GS: Ok Sasa I can understand your concern, Lee and Stuart have both played excellent in your position whilst you were injured and unfortunately you have moved down the pecking order so I will certainly grant your wish at looking to let you go if anyone comes in for you.

SP: Thanks boss I appreciate it

A shake of the hand and Sasa left, He would be leaving the club this transfer window if the right offer came in for him.

Sasa Papac offered to Clubs.
Rangers chairman Craig Whyte Admits he's looking to step aside

Owner Whyte has released a statement admitting he is looking to sell the Ibrox club and is hoping a potential buyer will follow through in his interest, It is rumoured it's a local business man who is looking to purchase the club which would hopefully help clear some of the clubs debts and give the current manager a transfer fee to work with.

McKay,Kerkar and Healy want contract terminations!

Three current players have requested that their contracts be terminated by the club, Manager Souness allowed Matt McKay to leave however rejected Healy and Kerkars bids to leave and immediately offered Kerkar to other clubs for transfer, With Healy being an important backup after scoring 3 goals in 3 appearances for the club.

Scottish Premier League
Kick-Off:14:00 Mcdiarmid Park
St Johnstone V Rangers

Squad: Alexander, Broadfoot, Bocanegra, Perry, Wallace, Mcculloch, Davis, Edu, Celik, Templeton, Healy.

Davis lead the team out of the tunnel and onto the park, Lining up strong all the players high-fiving each other before heading into positions and Alexander applauding the supporters behind the goal chanting his name showing their appreciation for their keeper.

Souness: "Last time up here we lost our match 1-0 and it was the second match of the season we understand it's not going to be easy but were in good form and looking to avenge our defeat here at the start of the season"

It took Rangers 17 minutes into the first half to grab a goal and it was that man Healy finishing a cross from Templeton firing it past the keeper, It didn't take long for Healy to grab his 2nd of the match this time a ball from Celik on the other side leaving Healy with and empty net to grab the goal in the 20th minute. Mervan Celik grabbed a goal from himself after picking up a long ball and driving into the box firing it past Enckleman to take the champs to 3-0 at half time. The second half started aswell as the first with Captain Davis bending a free kick in of the bar to make it 4-0 and make it a case of how many will they score. Ex Celt Cillian Sheridan grabbed a goal straight after with the Rangers defence getting too complacent and allowing him in to blast it in, Rangers then swapped Little for Broadfoot and Healy for Pellicori which Healy recieved a massive applause by the fans, Saints fans began leaving the ground after 75minutes as their team weren't performing well and the Rangers fans were in full voice. Stuart Urqhart got his appearance bonus by coming on for the last few minutes of the game replacing Wallace. Full Time St Johnstone 1 - 4 Rangers.

Man of the Match: Mervan Celik, Celik has had an outstanding first season for the club and has scored some vital goals including the winner against Celtic. He has featured in 22 starts for the club scoring 8 goals and grabbing 8 Assists. Souness has heaped praise on the winger but is adamant there is more to come from the Swede.

Celik.png

Celik acknowledging pass for his goal

Gutted Celik never had a chance to prove his worth with us in real life!

Back