We Don't Do Walking Away!

• Thread starter Thread starter AldoKemp-1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 6K
Tbh Tam I have a season ticket and never thought he was good enough anyway, But it does take time to settle in suppose we will never know, but i didn't think he was the part anyway. Doing well in the game though.

Tbh Tam I have a season ticket and never thought he was good enough anyway, But it does take time to settle in suppose we will never know, but i didn't think he was the part anyway. Doing well in the game though.

I watched him v Dundee Utd in the cup, he just couldnt keep up with the pace at all but u could put that down to all sorts sorts of reasons. Yeah you sure are mate! I know this is off subject but what do you think of the prospect of Rangers in Divison 3?

This is a really good story! I like the detail and the fact that Graeme Souness is actually the manager (with you writing as a Rangers journalist) rather than some random name/ guy being manager (it makes it more realistic).

Shame what it is happening with the Gers in real life, I'm gutted for all Rangers fans.

Don't think it will happen, Scotland will lose too much if we go because theres no Sky Sports anymore lets be honest, plus no Old firm derbys and all the other clubs will lose the money that they rely on from us and Celtic when we go to their ground with the amount of fans that follow n fill up most of their stadiums, Only bright side is my season ticket will be cheaper lol. Anyway wrote out part of the next update might update tomorrow but going out so might not be tomorrow.

Great update mate again keep up the good work and it looks like celik is going eh be as good for you as he was for me :)

i agree mate, but some Rangers fans feel like they are being victimised by the SFA ,they are only following the rules. A transfer embargo must be in place when a club enters administration. Although the timing of it wasn't right.

i agree mate, but some Rangers fans feel like they are being victimised by the SFA ,they are only following the rules. A transfer embargo must be in place when a club enters administration. Although the timing of it wasn't right.

I am a season ticket holder at Ibrox and I honestly think the treatment is fair, We could have received a lot worse, As long as we keep a big majority of the players for next season then we will be ok I don't mind the embargo for a season if we survive, Murray and Whyte cause all of this and they should be punished but the club done what they done and that's life you need to take the punishment.
Anyway, Update will probably be either tomorrow or Monday doubt i'll have one up today.

Kyle Lafferty wants first team football

Rangers striker Kyle Lafferty was out for alot of the season through injury and when he regained full fitness has been unable to break into the squad, Lafferty went public about his wishes earlier today and admitted he was unsettled at the club under Souness. Souness has told Lafferty he can leave if the right offer comes in for him as he is surplus to requirements and doesn't feature in his first team plans due to the high performances of the other strikers in the squad.

So Kyle Lafferty is the next person told he can leave the club after a number of players are on the transfer list such as Papac, Kerkar, Goian and Bedoya. Souness has shown he isn't all bad with giving Jamie Ness a chance when he issued an ultimatum and it seems the managers knows which player deserves the chance or not after an impressive string of displays by the young central midfielder. Rumours have it 4 bids have been accepted for Rangers defender Dorin Goian who could be leaving in the next few days after failing to impress since joining.

Goian's fate sealed

Dorin Goian today officialy left Rangers as he completed an 800k joining greek side Panathinaikos. A number of Rangers fans, players and even manager Souness has wished him well in his new career.
Sasa Papac will follow Goian out of the door after agreeing a pre-contract with Derby County.

Scottish Premier League
Ibrox Stadium
Kick Off: 15:00 21.1.12
Rangers V Aberdeen

Squad: Alexander,Broadfoot,Bocanegra,Perry,Wallace,McCulloch,Edu,Davis,Celik,Templeton, Healy.​

Rangers take on an Aberdeen side that haven't been playing well recently and with morale low Rangers will be looking to take full advantage of that and with 11 minutes gone David Healy continued his goal scoring record by adding another onto his tally. Perry grabbed the second from a Davis corner blasting the ball into the net and a minute later a Davis free kick was met by the head of Bocanegra making it 3-0 before the half hour mark. Templeton increased the lead in the 42nd minute driving in from the wing. Edu Curled in a fifth goal from the edge of the box in the 60th minute, Healy grabbed a 6th before Perry netted a 7th ensuring total destruction of the Dons. Bocanegra netted another goal in the 88th minute.
Full Time: Rangers 8 - 0 Aberdeen.
Man of the match: Ross Perry.

perry.jpg

Last edited:
Your team were completely outclassed today. If Celtic didn't go down to 9 men it would never have been 3-2 either. Your team are in deep ****. But i'm loving the story and nice result v Aberdeen. Good luck

Your team were completely outclassed today. If Celtic didn't go down to 9 men it would never have been 3-2 either. Your team are in deep ****. But i'm loving the story and nice result v Aberdeen. Good luck

Emmmm Ok... not getting into a debate about the game as this is not the place to do it, But thanks for following and I also like your story whic I check from time to time.

The new year has been superb so far especially destroying rivals Aberdeen, Sitting 4 points ahead of Celtic and still in both cup competitions. Celtic have just completed the signing of Barry Bannan and Souness has admitted there will be no signings coming to Ibrox as the window is coming to a close. Rangers next match is at Ibrox after the fans saw an 8-0 thrashing they will be hoping for some of the same against Hibs who are flying high in 5th place at the moment.

Spl - Rangers 2 - 2 Hibernian - Davis, Healy.

The Hampden Roar!

Thousands of fans head to hampden to watch Rangers take on Aberdeen (again) in the Scottish League Cup semi-final, The last time these two teams met Aberdeen were at the end of an 8-0 thrashing at Ibrox only a couple of week ago. Souness said in a statement that his team will not be complacent and the match a few week ago has nothing to do with the build up to this game at all and the only thing that's on their minds is getting to the cup final.

gersfansoutsidehampden.jpg

Rangers fans outside Hampden

Aberdeen will be looking to redeem themselves after the abysmal display at Ibrox and the bookies have labelled Rangers as heavy favourites giving aberdeen no chance of winning. Rangers will be without Paul Pogba and Stuart Urquhart through suspension and Naismith and Aluko through Injury.
Mitchell Megginson is Aberdeens top goalscorer in the league cup with two goals on the way to the semi and the same for Rangers defender Ross Perry also on two goals.

Nothing much really happened in the first half and you could see Souness and McDowall pulling their hair out, well Souness was pulling his out McDowall has none! 0-0 At half time with no real chances to get a goal and Aberdeen had came the closest to opening the scoring, We were shooting towards our fans this half and as usual the fans have been brilliant sticking by the club through this tough time and helped us out with their atmosphere they bring everyweek, The fans were bellowing at top of their voice 'Rangers till I Die' as the sun blasted down into the terraces.
Again in the second half Aberdeen came close with Fyvie striking the bar panicking the Rangers defence and goalkeeper. Pellicori replace Healy up front with the hope of getting some chances and firing Rangers into the final. Rangers left it late before finally coming into life and grabbing a goal through Pellicori in the 88th minute of the game sending Rangers fans into celebration as he ran over arms aloft, Templeton then sealed the win with a tremendous solo run finishing it in the 93rd minute of the game setting up a tie with Dundee United in the final on the 11th March.
Man of the match: David Templeton. Attendance 52'500

Player of the Month January - 1st: Steven Davis 2nd: Ross Perry
Young player of the Month January - 1st: Ross Perry 2nd: Mervan Celik 3rd: Nick Ross (ICT)
Manager of the month - Graeme Souness.

Next Match: Rangers Vs Stirling - Scottish Cup​

The Scottish Cup Fifth Round
Rangers Vs Stirling
Ibrox Stadium
4.2.12 Ko: 15:00

Souness: "The lads are focused and ready to go out and grab the win, We are chasing a treble and will be looking to win every match regardless of the opponents. I will rest some of the key players and give others a chance such as McGregor and Pogba will all get a start as I'm confident they can go out and get the win."

The game kicked off with the sound of penny arcade fading away in the background, The fans roared and the Stirling fans applauded and clearly were here to enjoy the day, 9 minutes gone and Hemmings put the ball into the net for it to be disallowed by the referee and in the 25th minute the minnows took the lead through Weir. The referee again made a wrong decision when Hemmings reached a long ball and was heading one on one with the keeper and was cynically brought down for a free kick and Dillon should have recieved a red card but instead the referee only spoke to the player which angered Souness and the fans. The teams went in at half time the score 1-0 to Stirling the players looking delighted, Rangers made a change in the second half with Pellicori replacing Hemmings up front. The gers continued to press and brought on Davis for Pogba in the 60th minute with the score still the same, Then Perry replacing Urquhart through injury. Time was dragging on and the tension was building in Ibrox and the referee ended the game at 1-0 to Stirling who had just knocked Rangers out of the scottish cup, The Home fans boo'd as the Referee left the field with Souness shouting at his decisions with wrongly ruling out a goal then not sending of a player for a last man challenge.

McDowall: "We obviously hold our hands up and admit we shouldn't have changed so many players in the game and we didn't expect Stirling to come out fighting the way they did, We apologise to the fans for the performance. I'm not going to comment on the referees decisions as Graeme has already spoken to him about it and also recieved a red card meaning he will be in the stands for the next game, Again we apologise to the fans for the performance."

stirling.png

Stirling players applauding fans after game

one of the best stories on the site mate! not just saying that cos i'm a fellow bear but pure fantastic!

Lovin the story mate! Due to the fact I'm a Rangers fan aswell I suppose :wub:.

Unlucky with the last result but at least it makes the story more interesting, I hate stories which are just win after win without any challenge (possibly by making it easier or using a glitch formation). Upsets definitely make it more genuine, not that I wanted you to be knocked out of the cup!

Keep it up, still the best story around.

Yeah, I'm being geniune in my game, I actually never expected to do as well as I have which makes things good for me, The cup game was my fault because I changed the team about thinking we would storm it and unfortunately it wasn't the case and I threw away any chance of a treble.

Just to say again I have flown through the season (which might happen quite alot tbh) but I will do an update with the scores, things that have happened and the end of the season review at some point.

The review.

The season has now ended and I had skipped on without updating the story so now I'm updating with the fixtures and scorers, Plus some other things that have happened in the time since the last update.

Dunfermline 0 - 2 Rangers - Templeton,Mccabe

Rangers 4 - 2 Kilmarnock - Celik(2),Naismith(2)

Inverness 1 - 5 Rangers - Naismith(4), Templeton

Rangers 3 - 1 Hearts - Davis, Edu, Healy

Cup Final - Rangers 4 - 0 Dundee Utd - Naismith(2), Templeton, Celik

Dundee Utd 0 - 3 Rangers - Naismith(2), Celik

Rangers 2 - 1 Celtic - Celik(2)

Motherwell 0 - 0 Rangers

Rangers 4 - 1 St Mirren - Celik, Edu, Healy, Templeton

League Split

Rangers 3 - 0 Hearts - Bocanegra(2), Perry

Dundee Utd 1 - 4 Rangers - Naismith(3), Celik

Rangers 1 - 1 Celtic - Celik

Rangers crowned league champions - 4 in a row!

Hibernian 1 - 2 Rangers - Little, Mcpake(OG)

Rangers 5 - 2 Motherwell - Hateley(OG), Aluko, Forbes(OG), Naismith(2)

champs.jpg

So Rangers had the league won after a draw against rivals Celtic who couldn't halt their title party even after taking the lead, Celik who has scored 4 goals in the old firm games this season and is the only player to have scored against them becoming a hero in his 1st season. The league was won with 32 wins, 3 draws and 3 loses with a massive 109 goals and only conceding 26. The champions finished on 89 points 12 ahead of their rivals even after the 10 point deduction which lead the club to a cup double.

Rangers take-over complete

The club have been taken over by the fans and revealed they would be keeping Souness as manager but never announced any finances and won't until the new season begins, Souness as revealed he is happy with the new owners and they get on well.

St Johnstone were relegated from the SPL and Partick Thistle will again become a premier league side. Man City won the premiership with Newcastle, Swansea and Blackburn being relegated sparking rumours of Souness leaving Rangers the join his former club however he quickly denied any rumours stating he will be staying at Rangers for the forseeable future, Alex Mcleish was appointed as Swansea manager. Other news: Motherwell won the Scottish Cup.

Awards

Scottish Players player of the year: Steven Davis (Rangers)
FW Players of the year: 1st: Celik, 2nd: Templeton, 3rd: Naismith (All Rangers)
Top Goalscorer: 1st - Naismith, 2nd - Milos Lacny, 3rd - Andrew Barrowman
SPL Player of the Season: 1st - Ledley (Celtic), 2nd - Bocanegra (Rangers), 3rd - Stokes (Celtic)
U-19 Player of the season: 1st - Robertson (Aberdeen), 2nd - Carswell (Motherwell), 3rd - Urquhart (Rangers)
Young player of the year: James Forrest (Celtic)
FW Young player of the year: Johnny Russell (Dundee Utd)
SPL Young player of the year: Ross Perry (Rangers)
Manager of the year: Souness
FW Manager of the year: Souness

Key player review

Neil Alexander - Souness stated at the start of the season he would be the main keeper and that promise was kept and was well chosen after an outstanding season from the Keeper. Playing 45 games, Conceding 31 and playing an average rating of 7.02, Alexander received praise from the Rangers staff and fans after a outstanding season.

Bocanegra - Captain America came up top trumps in a great season playing 48 games scoring 9 goals and having an average rating of 7.33 and also coming 2nd in SPL Player of the season.

Davis - The gers captain was in outstanding form this season scoring 9 goals in 47 games but grabbing 24 assists and finishing on an average rating of 7.61 helping lead the club to the league title and finally lifting it at the end of the season.

Naismith - The main striker for the club and had alot of expectations on him and he duly delivered come the end of the season grabbing a few hat tricks, He scored 20 league goals in 29 games and earned an average match rating of 7.37.

Many other players had great seasons including youngster Ross Perry also Edu, Templeton and Healy had great games and an outstanding Debut season for Mervan Celik who scored every goal into Celtic this season, Overall he played 36 games grabbing 16 goals, 17 assists and an average rating of 7.61

Last edited:
Great season mate and excellent story. Good luck in the next season and keep up the good work :)

Souness Signs new Rangers deal

On the 31st of the may Graeme Souness was presented with a new contract at Rangers lasting for 4 years which he agreed terms with new Chairman Neil Henders of the Rangers Trust. Souness admitted he never had any intention of going anywhere if anyone else had approached him including Newcastle after taking Rangers to their 4th league title in a row, Fans are already dreaming of another 9 in a row which Souness was manager when that started the last time however Souness has told fans not to get ahead of themselves and take every season game by game.

As it comes to the new transfer window Souness has been linked with a number of players even before he has been told how much he will have to spend in the summer, Apparently Souness is going overboard with the players he wants to sign such as Newcastle striker Papiss Cisse, and a number of other Newcastle players due to their recent relegation, Rangers fans will be eager to hear how much their new owners will give them and who Souness will bring in with the funds he is given to defend their title once again. With Allan McGregor a player who could be on the way out the door that would surely give some extra funds into the budget depending on how much they get for him.

£5 Million pounds was the number given to Souness for players in the Summer, Well just under £5million. Target Cisse had agreed to join Fulham, whilst Souness was never expected to get the player you do have to be in it to win it afterall, Tiote was another player from tyneside to agree terms with Fulham.

Rangers seal shock signing!

Wantaway QPR attacking midfielder Adel Tarrabt has agreed to joined Rangers in a deal worth £2.6million pounds. The moroccan has said playing in the Champions League was the key factor and with such an experience manager like Souness he can't wait to join up with his new team mates to start the new season. 17 Year old Norwegian CM Mats Daehli has also joined the club from Man Utd costing £110k. The youngster has a promising future ahead of him and it is surprising United have let him go but Souness certainly believes he can develop at Ibrox and become a star with the club.

tarrabt.jpg
daelhi.png

Vorm is latest signing

Dutch goalkeeper Michel Vorm is the latest signing and another shock with thousands of Gers fans praised Souness for his dealings in the transfer window so far.With the ex Swansea keeper coming in it's looking more and more likely McGregor will be leaving the club at some stage in this window.

vorm.png

Uefa rankings have shown that Scotland will lose a place in europe next year with only 1 team being in the Champions league second qualifying round and 3 teams in the Europa League.
David Healy leaves Rangers on a free as his contract runs out, While new Chairman announces a link with Manchester City who announce they are planning to loan the Scottish Champs Boyata and Bangoura for the season. Bangoura was a target for Souness last season and will now get to see how the man he wanted turns out for the season in their bid for 5 in a row.

Allan McGregor joins QPR for £2million.

Allan McGregor admits it was hard accepting a contract away from Rangers but believed it was for the best, He thanked the fans for their great support and would never forget everything they had done for him during his time at Ibrox. He said the only plus side about leaving Rangers was he was joining another Rangers. Fans, Friends, Teammates and Staff all wished Allan well and he knows he would be welcomed back anytime at Ibrox.

Transfers In

Adel Tarrabt - £2.6m
Michel Vorm - £8.25m (Installments)
Mats Daelhi - £110k
Dedryck Boyata - Loan
Lass Bangoura - Loan

Transfers Out

David Healy - Free
Sasa Papac - Free
Salim Kerkar - Free
Allan McGregor - £2m

Pre-Season

Stevenage 1 - 1 Rangers - Lafferty
Rangers 4 - 1 Panathinaikos - Boyata,Templeton,Ness,Little
Milwall 0 - 3 Rangers - Naismith,Templeton,Mcquoid(OG)
Rangers drawn against Quarabag FK Agdam (Azerbaijan)
Rotherham 0 - 1 Rangers - Hemmings
Charlton 1 - 2 Rangers - Broadfoot,Lafferty​

Pre-season went well with only 1 draw and the rest wins, The first pre-season game ended in a draw Rangers ending with 10 men plus just back to training for a few days, All other games went well with Boyata grabbing a first goal for the club ready for the champions league qualifier

Last edited:
Also signed Daehli after the 1st season for my current Rangers game. Never really gave him the chance and let him go for the same price i paid, a few seasons on. Hopefully you have better luck

Back