SaintBantam

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a really good player coming through my youth ranks but he has a really bad (very weak) left foot. Does anybody know If there if anyway to improve the weak foot or if it get's better naturally?

Thanks.

moved to correct section :)

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

I have never tested out this thoery but a lot of people will be under the same impression that training him to play on the left hand side of the pitch would increase his left foot ability :)

why dont you do an experiment and see how it goes, if he does get stronger on that side?

It doesn't - not in my experience, at the very least. I can provide screenies :p

moved to correct section :)

Sorry about that. :p Quite new.

Why dont you do an experiment and see how it goes, if he does get stronger on that side?

I might do that when he is about 23 because I'm worried more time spent positionally and he won't improve as much as I hope he will. But I do have another great player from my youth system (these two players play on each of my wings) who is ambidextrous and he is natural in MR, ML, AMR and AML.

Would teaching him the move not eat up some of his potential ability anyway as he'll spend some of his time learning the move and less time improving his stats in training? personally, its only something I give to players whose stats are already up to scratch, if he's 23, best off letting his stats improve. Just my opinion.

Would teaching him the move not eat up some of his potential ability anyway as he'll spend some of his time learning the move and less time improving his stats in training? personally, its only something I give to players whose stats are already up to scratch, if he's 23, best off letting his stats improve. Just my opinion.

Sorry, I'm confused. Teaching him what move?

to avoid using his weaker foot, I thought that's what half this topic is talking about is it not?