athertpa

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering does anybody make any tactical alteration to combat different weather conditions? I.e snow, heavy rain etc?

Would be interesting to know what effect this has on the game?

thanks
Paul

Nope I never bother to be honest! Probably would make a difference in snow but i never even look at what the weather is for the match

In 09 and 10 I did.

I haven't bothered in '11. Only time it makes a difference is if the pitch is waterlogged or a big mud pit. Also snow kills passes, but I haven't had a game in the snow yet.

im sure there must be someone out there who knows how the weather can effect the game, via the match engine

im sure there must be someone out there who knows how the weather can effect the game, via the match engine

If it's windy, more shorter ground based passes, if its raining a more direct style would be favoured, ECT.

Common sense really

I would change my style for the snow I get in Icelandic management, but my style is set to Very Rigid and passing is direct so there's not much I can change.

I don't like changing my style of play, it could affect your performance.

I change the passing style IF the weather is having a detrimental effect...

it is rare that it does, heavy rain or strong winds seem to cause the most problems and like LewLUFC said, changing to shorter passing in strong winds and more direct in heavy rain seems to be effective.