klausdark6

Reaction score
Hello my friends!

I am a long time FM player from Brazil, but i never really liked to make tactics ou shared them (because mostly of my creations suck...), but, FM 17 feel different for me, and im trying to create something like real life plus the game non-realism.

So, my tactics never will be godlike ones as chinese strikerless, knap tactics or demolisher, but in my recent tests, they really seems to be decent and funny ones!

This topic is to share my possession tactic, named Weird Death (alternative link on mediafire here). My goal on this creation is just the possession and control of the game to dominate the opposition and winning by having the ball most of the time.

The formation and instructions of my creation:

View attachment 87928View attachment 87927

Here are some of my results with Monaco, Ajax and Sporting (i played with the 3 at the same time on the same save to gain some time, just to test the results after a lot of work on other more serious saves):

View attachment 87910View attachment 87926View attachment 87925
View attachment 87924View attachment 87923View attachment 87922

The possession of each one of the three teams:

View attachment 87921View attachment 87920View attachment 87919

And some stats, like the pass completed number in 90 minutes:

View attachment 87918View attachment 87917View attachment 87911

I do not use any kind of OI, my training is always attack movement and balanced.

So, i think thats it! I know that my tactic is not a beast, and probably will not work for some of you, i dont know how the tactic really is with low level teams, i tested with Atlético Paranaense in Brazil, and had some good results, fighting the title of Série A against other stronger teams, so i think it could be good (some screens below)!

View attachment 87916View attachment 87915View attachment 87914

The Botafogo game in 21/8/2016 was the first that im coached the team, so, after that we just lost 2 times in Série A, and finished fourth (was 12º when started)!

View attachment 87913

Any kind of tip and constructive discussion is welcomed, REALLY SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH, im trying so hard, but i know its not good at all.

Thx!

Last edited:
Hi, your english is very good to understand, so is the introducion to your tactic. Cheers I will try this

I'll give this a whirl, I like to play possession based football. One quick questions, the outside APs, is speed a big factor here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, your english is very good to understand, so is the introducion to your tactic. Cheers I will try this

Thanks man, pls tell me the results!

I'll give this a whirl, I like to play possession based football. One quick questions, the outside APs, is speed a big factor here?

I dont think so friend! In general, i just put anyone who can pass in any position, but of course some speed, creativity, long shots or other attributes are always nice to make the team more dangerous!

Thanks man, pls tell me the results!

I dont think so friend! In general, i just put anyone who can pass in any position, but of course some speed, creativity, long shots or other attributes are always nice to make the team more dangerous!

Basically get Marco Asensio and clone him!

This tactic is fantastic! I'll post screens tomorrow but 3 games, 0 conceded and 70% possession in all of them

great tactic.....
Ipswich Town lost in playoff final to Newcastle
Tom Laurence Top Scorer with 31 goals from Shadow Striker
Average Possession 65%
Pass Completion 85%
Fingers crossed for a better season next time round!

Currently giving this a go in preseason with my NYCFC team. Just signed Brandt & Pulisic so the AP looked ideal.

View attachment 1122918
Made some tweaks at HT, wasnt getting enough pentration into the box. Made one of the AP into AP-A the other into a IF-A, and had them swapping. Took off exploit the middle, and added pass into space, went much better.

This tactic is fantastic! I'll post screens tomorrow but 3 games, 0 conceded and 70% possession in all of them

Good to hear that! Hope it continue to give you good results man.

great tactic.....
Ipswich Town lost in playoff final to Newcastle
Tom Laurence Top Scorer with 31 goals from Shadow Striker
Average Possession 65%
Pass Completion 85%
Fingers crossed for a better season next time round!

Nice! Tell me the results then!

Currently giving this a go in preseason with my NYCFC team. Just signed Brandt & Pulisic so the AP looked ideal.

Made some tweaks at HT, wasnt getting enough pentration into the box. Made one of the AP into AP-A the other into a IF-A, and had them swapping. Took off exploit the middle, and added pass into space, went much better.

Show me the stats like possession with your tweaks when you can!

Show me the stats like possession with your tweaks when you can!

Only played 4 in preseason so far but.. here you go..

View attachment 1123047View attachment 1123048View attachment 1123049View attachment 1123050View attachment 1123051

Game Order
San Jose - Poss = 66%
NYAFC - Poss = 58%
Atalanta United - Poss = 61%
Brampton - Poss = 62%

Only Atalanta are first division though, and they almost got relegation but so far so good.

EDIT : No idea how i didnt win this by a country mile...

View attachment 1123057

Last edited:
Okay so I had a weird experience with this tactic, I dominated from the Leicester game were I plugged this tactic in, then look at the end results. Talk about the team going from a potential title to just scraping CL.

View attachment 87703

Only played 4 in preseason so far but.. here you go..

View attachment 1123047View attachment 1123048View attachment 1123049View attachment 1123050View attachment 1123051

Game Order
San Jose - Poss = 66%
NYAFC - Poss = 58%
Atalanta United - Poss = 61%
Brampton - Poss = 62%

Only Atalanta are first division though, and they almost got relegation but so far so good.

EDIT : No idea how i didnt win this by a country mile...

View attachment 1123057

Its seems to be nice! Hope continue that way.

Okay so I had a weird experience with this tactic, I dominated from the Leicester game were I plugged this tactic in, then look at the end results. Talk about the team going from a potential title to just scraping CL.

View attachment 1123064

The final sucks bro! :/ But at least in general had good results, glad you tested!

This didn't work for me neither.

:/ which team have you been playing?

This didn't work for me neither.

I wouldn't have said it didn't work, it achieved high possession and in all them games I lost I dominated. I have no idea why this happened because previously the team was dominating

I wouldn't have said it didn't work, it achieved high possession and in all them games I lost I dominated. I have no idea why this happened because previously the team was dominating

Yeah, sometimes if fails in transform the domination into goals, but the same happens in almost every single other possession tactics, so i dont know what are we missing :/

Seems to be very nice! Thanks to you time testing the tactic friend!

Hope it continue to give good results and the possession could be better, but its ok i think! Thx man

Yeah, sometimes if fails in transform the domination into goals, but the same happens in almost every single other possession tactics, so i dont know what are we missing :/

I wouldn't say it's anything that's missing, I genuinely believe that it was a bad run of form, that and Montoya got injured so I had to play Howedes at WBR.

I'm going to stick this one out though it plays some lovely football

Trying the SS, into a F9 at the min, not losing much possession and getting a bit more penetration into the box. Whooped dallas but they jsut got promoted. (Bought a few decent players though Destro/Zapata/Andrigo/Lawrence)

View attachment 86935View attachment 86928View attachment 86927

Tweaked a couple of things to suit, not sure on the RPM at the min or an AP-Support to suit tielmanns, but so far so good.

Last edited: