Weird things you do while playing FM - 2017 edition

hera

Reaction score
I made this thread 3 years ago and we all had a good laugh, let's see if something changed

1. I still don't buy ugly players and don't download facepacks, I prefer not to know how someone looks like

2. Any club I choose must have a decent looking stadium and 'normal' sponsor. That's why I don't manage in Serie B (just look at the stadiums there) and couldn't take over Getafe back in the days (****** burger king as the main sponsor??)

3. I don't ever manage clubs which stadium has a running track around the pitch I just feel like the fans don't see well what's going on on the pitch lol

4. I don't ever quit the game when I'm on a winning streak

5. Sometimes if I rage quit I delete my save permanently and I regret it after few hours

6. I always play in classic 2D and imagine in my head all goals etc.

That's all for now I will add more later. Share your weird habits :)

You are deranged im afraid

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

5. Sometimes if I rage quit I delete my save permanently and I regret it after few hours

Woah! that sounds a bit extreme haha!

Other points sound good!

Mine:

I will never/rarely buy anyone over the age of 30 (close to retiring age)

I pick teams based on colour of the kits - a good yellow/green is always fun!

I will happily sit there and create strange databases where weird and wonderful craziness happens. eg Filthy rich West Brom - Bankrup Arsenal - make Will Grigg the supreme player we all know he should be. Then sim for hours and never manage a team....

I have been known to dislike a player in real life for refusing to join my club on FM.

I was tempted to buy a Poole town shirt with "Kovacic" #10 on the back. As the German/Croatian Regen striker led my team to so many league and champions league titles....(I hope I'm not the only one to consider this)

My only 2 rules at the beginning of a save:

1. I never select a team to begin a save with who have won the league in the last 5 years

2. Never start a save with a team who has a newly appointed manager (Chelsea) or with a team where I like their manager (Liverpool)

I absolutely HATE any mention of B teams in player histories, and sometimes don't buy a player if his career history looks too messy, unless he's really, really good. I'm fully aware I'm completely OCD about something fairly unimportant, but **** like this just looks retarded to me:

View attachment 115251

I mean, what's the deal there? Even if he played a few games for the B team, that would be of no consequence whatsoever to anyone, but he didn't, so why put it there?

In my defense, teams from most nations don't have delusions of grandeur regarding their reserve teams, but for some reason teams from Spain and Germany, and in recent years France and Holland, seem convinced that their reserve teams are fascinating to everyone, and that Player X making a substitute appearance for Valladolid B 12 years ago absolutely must be recorded for posterity.

PS: Anyone know if FMRTE allows you to edit this kind of stuff? If so I might get it

The deal is Spanish 'B' teams are playing in the full Spanish league and cup system so effectively those players are gaining experience of league football at a lower level. Effectively it is a bit like sending players on loan to gain experience but at the same time keeping them available for the senior/first team if required (a player can move into the main squad without any problem at any point in the season). A similar thing has been proprosed but rejected on many occasions in the English League.

The deal is Spanish 'B' teams are playing in the full Spanish league and cup system so effectively those players are gaining experience of league football at a lower level. Effectively it is a bit like sending players on loan to gain experience but at the same time keeping them available for the senior/first team if required (a player can move into the main squad without any problem at any point in the season). A similar thing has been proprosed but rejected on many occasions in the English League.

I know, I didn't say my grievances were justified :)

I always use a real notepad, even for stuff I could just remember. Gonna sell that player....write him down. Float crosses? Write it down. Could create my tactics on the tactics tab but Ima.....write it down first.

I always have a notepad and pen so I can write down good tactics/transfers etc.

I also have a list of all the countries/towns I've been to and I make it my aim to make the nearest team to that town either a feeder club or just network with them in general.

When I start of with a smaller team, My first signings always come on loan from the team I support, Arsenal e.g. had one with Real Oviedo and somehow got Bielik, Bennacer and Martinez.

Just the usual stuff, close the curtains, turn heating on full blast, strip down to my underpants then put olive oil into my slippers. Plop feet in slippers, open up FM and a family pack of Wotsits, smack on Power Rangers the Movie on repeat in the background for inspiration and take my team to as many titles as possible.

Just the basics I suppose. Oh, and I always try to buy players before they hit 19.