Reaction score
Welcome to An-failed: The Re-building of LFC

My goals:
- Season I: Finish in the top 6 and reach the final of a major trophy
- Season 2: Qualify for the Champions League
- Season 3: Challenge for the title and reach CL quarters
- Season 4: Win the title
- Season 5: Do the treble.

This will probably be my toughest challenge, not only do I have to own with Liverpool, I have to watch them succeed. Very tough for me as an Everton fan

Wish me luck. Updates to come

Good luck and glad to see you back :)

Going from winning the title to winning the treble is a massive step lol. Maybe focus on winning the CL for a season first before going for that.

Good luck anyway, prove me wrong :)

Was going to do a Liverpool story but you beat me to it. Good Luck

Good luck and glad to see you back :)
Sorry for lack of updates everyone, been quite busy as I went to Everton v Reading at the weekend. Update for July/August coming very soon :D

Pre-season and August

Friendly: Hereford 1-3 Liverpool (Carragher, Pacheco (2) )
Europa League Qual.: Liverpool 4-4 Vitesse on aggregate (LFC through on away goals)

Premier League

QPR 1-2 Liverpool
A tough game here, with Suarez and Gerrard both out, but we came out with the win. We opened the scoring after Assaidi pounced on a rebound from Sterling's shot to slot it home. We doubled our lead when new signing Jovetic headed home from Joe Allen's **** into the box. QPR got one back from Cisse's 78th minute header, but we held strong and deserved our win.

Liverpool 4-2 Norwich
A dominant win for us, made all the more impressive by the fact that we played 86 minutes with 10 men. Jordan Henderson was the man to be dismissed after a two-footed challenge on Grant Holt. However, we took the lead just two minutes later, when Stewart Downing went on a mesmerising run and tapped home past John Ruddy. You read right, Stewart Downing actually legitimately scored. Young Jovetic got his second goal in 2 games after getting on the end of Borini's cross to head home. Norwich pulled one back after a poor backpass from Coates fell nicely for Grant Holt to knock it past Brad Jones. Our two-goal lead was restored when Jovetic smashed home a 46th minute penalty. Borini made it 4-1 when substitute Sahin played a through ball past two defenders and into the path of the young Italian. Holt pulled one back through a last minute penalty.

Europa League: Liverpool 2-3 Arsenal Kyiv on aggregate. Gutted. We're out.

Transfers IN:
Stevan Jovetic, £31m (£28m over 48 months), Fiorentina
Gokhan Gonul, £13m (£10m over 48 months), Fenerbache
John Carew, free

Transfers OUT:
Glen Johnson, £17m, Spurs
Wisdom, Shelvey, Ngoo, Gulasci, Suso, Peterson, Coady, Flanagan all loaned out for 1st team experience.

I'm pleased with our activity in the market, especially Jovetic, who is sure to be an absolute star. In January I will weed out the weak links and bring in some wonderkids, maybe Adryan or Ademilson? When the offer for Johnson came in I couldn't refuse, since our initial budget was just £3m.

Any suggestions on improving the story? Which wonderkids can you recommend? (Wellington Nem has already gone to Swansea :'( )

Thanks for reading guys

Spent 38mil over 48 months, hate when people do that :( Good luck anyway.

Spent 38mil over 48 months, hate when people do that :( Good luck anyway.
Sometimes that's what has to be done mate, if it's not cheating then do it. Thanks for reading and thanks for the feedback.

Sometimes that's what has to be done mate, if it's not cheating then do it. Thanks for reading and thanks for the feedback.

Aha I know, I understand why people do it, it's part of the game after all.
I just prefer to spend the money I have and keep as little of it in installments as I can, just a personal thing. :mad:

Also you might want to throw in some screenshots of league table, player of the month for your team, things like that.

Going from winning the title to winning the treble is a massive step lol. Maybe focus on winning the CL for a season first before going for that.

Good luck anyway, prove me wrong :)

or use brendon rogers v2000 and win the lot first season :)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

September

Premier League

Sunderland 0-1 Liverpool
Jovetic 13'
A drab match in all, only two events to report on. We took the lead through Jovetic's 18 yard stinger on 13 minutes. Steven Fletcher had the chance to equalize from the spot on 70 minutes but he hit his effort wide.

Liverpool 2-2 Man Utd
Jovetic '34, Assaidi 67'
A really good match, but abysmal refereeing. We lead through the goal-machine Jovetic on 34 minutes when he latched on to Assaidi's lovely through pass and rounded Anders Lindegaard. United had the chance to equalize but new signing Aogo missed the penalty kick. We went back in front after Jovetic slipped in Assaidi who knocked it past the keeper for 2-1. United were given another dubious penalty, which Rooney converted. Very proud of the team, great performance marred by poor officiating.

Wigan 1-3 Liverpool
Assaidi 35'/60', Suarez 54'
We were in control for the whole of his match, with a nice goal spurt in the late 1st/earlyish 2nd half. Assaidi is proving to be a shining light this season, and he continued his form by scoring a tidy finish on 35 minutes. Suarez got his 1st of the season, scoring a simple close range finish. Assaidi doubled his tally in the 60th minute, taking advantage of Ronnie Stam's poor backpass. Wigan got their consolation in injury time, Crusat scoring a free kick.

Fulham 1-2 Liverpool
Jovetic 23', Assaidi 87'
A game we controlled from start to finish, but we needed a late goal to take all the points. Jovetic continued his great form with a trademark tap in on 23 minutes. Berbatov caused us a big scare when he equalized with 10 minutes to go, but Assaidi got the winner with 3 minutes to go after Borini laid him off for a great 30 yard strike.

Capital One Cup
Aston Villa 2-3 Liverpool (AET)
Borini 28'/68', Coates 118'
Another tight game but we came out on top fortunately. Villa took an unexpected lead through Vlaar after a poorly defended corner. Borini scored twice to put us in front, but Bent got a late equalizer, taking us to ET. With penalties looming, Coates nicked the winner late on after an ugly goalmouth scramble.

A good month, still unbeaten in the league, not getting ahead of myself but we look good for the UCL.

Thanks for reading guys, comments are really appreciated!

it looks good for you, and if you got them to play and win so early in the season i think you'll probably win it without too many injuries. but i don't understand where you found the money to buy jovetic. and to swap glen johnson for gonul i think is a very bad idea. try and buy ademilson in the winter that way you can have him home grown when he's 21.
and how did you get assaidi to score so much? i played lvlpl in the demo and he was a ghost, never saw him touch the ball or be dangerous.

Akimo
1) I sold Glen Johnson and payed most of it in installments
2) I didn't do a direct swap for Gonul. I sold Johnson for the extra funds as I knew I could get two good players with the money, using installments
3) I will be getting Ademilson, selling Joe Cole and Enrique probably.
4) I think it is becaue Assaidi is playing alongside Jovetic, as he has assisted ***. about 4 times. Also, Lucas combines really well with him. I also had LFC on the demo and he was terrible! May have just been a bug.

October

Sorry for lack of updates guys, I'm quite busy atm and it didn't help that Internet was down all of yesterday evening. This will have to be a short update as I have to rush out!

Premier League

Liverpool 1-2 West Brom
Assaidi 1'

Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool
Jovetic 55'

Liverpool 3-1 Swansea
Skrtel 23', Suarez 56', Lucas 90+1

Capital One Cup 4th Round
Chelsea 5-2 Liverpool
Downing 11'/67' (He scored twice?! In one game?!)

League position: 3rd

well i'm sorry west brom ended your streak, it also may have contributed to the arsenal loss.that beeing said, i can never mount a comeback in 2013 after conceding in the first 5-10minutes. only thing that goes for me is getting a 2-0 at half time, beeing equalised and then having reus score in extra time so i can go home before they have a chance to score again :). i'm guessing it only works for the AI :p
what tactic do you use?

well i'm sorry west brom ended your streak, it also may have contributed to the arsenal loss.that beeing said, i can never mount a comeback in 2013 after conceding in the first 5-10minutes. only thing that goes for me is getting a 2-0 at half time, beeing equalised and then having reus score in extra time so i can go home before they have a chance to score again :). i'm guessing it only works for the AI :p
what tactic do you use?

I use this w/ strongest line up
Reina
Kelly Skrtel Agger Robinson
Lucas Allen
Suarez Gerrard Assaidi
Jovetic
Attacking, fluid

Wow as an everton fan this must be horrible for you! :p Me as a liverpool fan would never be able to start an everton save, i have problems making a save with any club from the BPL except LFC :p