Reaction score

FourFourTwoHeader.png

Arsene calls it a day!

arsene-wenger-arsenal-uk-02.jpg

Wenger has finally admitted defeat.

Earlier today it emerged that Arsene Wenger had official announced his retirement from managing football. The former Arsenal and Monaco manager had been struggling to keep himself at full fitness and because of this on going problem he has been forced to retire earlier than he would of wished. Here is what the fans had to say:

Graham Smith said:
Arsene we will miss you. It's a real shame to lose someone who was such a good manager and also such a legendary icon for any Gunners fan.

Tom MacKenzie said:
I'd like to wish you the best Arsene and to thank you for all the good times you have brought us. It's been a great 14 years with you. So sad to see him go.

Carl Barrymore said:
Goodbye Lord Arsene, you shall never be forgotten. Now bring in Mourinho!

At this moment in time Arsene's succes has been decided and he will be uneilved very shortly. From the whole team here at FourFourTwo we would also like to wish Arsene the best.

---------------------------

article-0-033D9D850000044D-151_224x359.jpg

Me Micheal John Bassett manager of Arsenal football club. What the f*** has this world come to, i mean fine in the middle east were blowing each other up over oil because some prat said we should. I've been out of management for over 12 years. Oh well the board must see something in me so i must be some kind of god to them. Not that i can see it or owt. Better get my **** into gear and get into that press office.

SportsNews_354x200.jpg_1108775535.jpg

Live interview with Mike Bassett, the new Arsenal manager.

Hello Mr Bassett, you've been out of management for gone 12 years don't you think your a bit outdated?
What kind of rubbish is that, outdated? i've been following football everyday since i retied at Norwich. Im no further behind than i was then.

Do you look to emulate Arsene's philosophy of both play and squad ruling?
Am i Arsene? No. So our ways of tactics and man management are going to be different. But i will be keeping some core ethics.

Do you already have some transfers lined up?
Get off your horse i'v only been ere half an hour. ((Jesus Christ press these days, thick as two shot planks))

Off Topic

Anyone who has seen Mike Bassett England manager should have no problem understanding what im trying to do here. I'll be using mainly 1st person with news reports etc.
And yes a Spurs fan doing an Arsenal story. Not to common. ;)

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 AM ----------

I've had time to review the whole squad and i have already decided on the dead wood so to speak. I was asked by Peter to create three list's players i didn't mind seeing leave, players to com straight into the main squad and a list of youth players to bring in. The list's i conducted are as follows :

Departures

Denilson_1065390.jpg

Denilson - I might consider letting him go out on Loan first of all but he hasn't given me much hope that he will be a solid player for us. Which i cannot afford to take a risk about.

Manual Almunia - He's becoming more and more error prone, which i see as a major problem for any team looking to win the premiership. A replacement must come in quickly.

Lukas Fabianski - Similar to Almunia but just like Denilson, has never shown a good reason as to why he would be key to this clubs success.

Niklas Bendtner - Has never amazed me but he shows he can get the job done. He's injured at the moment so he will most likely be with us until January at least.

Squad Players

blackpool-midfielder-charlie-adam-celebrates-his-goal-at-anfield-700486099.jpg

Charlie Adam - I've been watching him at Blackpool and he would be able to give us a good bit of support in the middle of the park. Only deterant is Blackpools asking price.

Alou Diarra - A Champions League quality defensive midfielder who is available for around 3.5 million if the reports are correct. I have to bring him in.

Gary Cahill - A solid CB something Arsenal don't have apart from Thomas. So bringing in him or at least some cover for our defenders is crucial.

Alexis Sanchez - A real flair player and i think i can maybe work a deal to bring him in on the cheap. If not he will be a definite no go.

Guilhermo Ochoa - A top quality goalkeeper who should be able to work wonders for us.

Christian Benitez - Should be a good player to help keep our strikers constantly rotated around. He can also give us another depth with his playing style. He is quite cheap aswell. Almost a perfect by in my opinion.

Youth

Khouma-Babacar-2.jpg

Marco Verratti - A good prospect, but im not 100% sure if he will be needed with the likes of Jack Wilshire and Aaron Ramsey, but he would be great addition for the future non the less.

Dodo - A young left back who isn't afraid to take players on but also shows signs of how he can become a replacement for Gael.

Khouma Babacar - Looks similar to Romelu Lukaku but without the high interest. Hopefully he can be a good coup if i manage to bring him in.

I left these list's on Peters desk's hoping he could work some magic. But i couldn't expect many of my wishes to be fulfilled. We only had around £20 million to spend.

FourFourTwoHeader.png

Arsenal complete double swoop!

Charlie-Adam_2411643.jpg

Charlie Adam will be hoping he can secure a first team slot.

Earlier today it was announced that Mike Bassett had landed two of his main transfer targets. Alou Diarra has joined the north London outfit on a 3 year deal worth £45,000 a week. He will be used in a rotatory system with Alex Song once the Cameroonian returns from his injury. The other player to have signed with Arsenal is former Rangers midfielder Charlie Adam for a fee of around £7million. He will be used as an impact substitute and also as cover for Cesc Fabregas. Who still states he wouldn't turn down a move to Barcelona. As for players leaving the Emirates it appears that Manuel Almunia may be staying after all. But both Fabianski and Abou Diaby look set to leave before the end of the month.

Other Rumours

- Young Brazillian left back Dodo will fly to London later on today for his medical and complete his £1.3 Million move from Corinthians
- Any attempt to sign Guilhermo Ochoa has been brushed aside after the Mexican club stated he is still not for sale.
- Liverpool star Fernando Torres has once again stated he may have to leave the club in
order to make something of his career.

Manchester+City+v+Liverpool+Premier+League+2QKJzELjKSLl.jpg

Is Fernando's time a Liverpool coming to an end?

-----------------

Off Topic

Drop me a reply if your liking it and how i could improve etc. etc. Much appreciated.

Good Start mate, i hope you can follow my Arsenal story :)

Good Start mate, i hope you can follow my Arsenal story :)

I'll make sure that i check it out in a minute. :)

---------- Post added at 03:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

As we headed to Dundee on the old airplane i could only think about one thing, and that was Victory. I was chatting with Ricey about who should start. We decided that we wouldn't make our decision until we were at the ground. I was hoping that the rush to get form the plane to play wouldn't affect our performance to much. I nearly shat meself when i felt the wheels touchdown. I hadn't been on a flight since i left Norwich. Either way we made it to the stadium ready and raring to go. I sat the lads down and told them the plan. Me and Ricey decided to go with a starting line up of :

Almunia
Eboue - Koscielny - Vermaelen - Clichy
A.Diarra
C.Adam - Fabregas
Walcott ---------- Rosicky
Vela

140606-daly-earns-nineman-terrors-point-410x230.jpg

Dundee 2 - 0 Arsenal
Daly (29), Goodwille (55pen)

We just crumbled in front of goal. I took a gamble playing young Carlos up front alone but it was a poor performance all round. We could have been 3 up before the first goal went in. All credit to Dundee who who deserved it today. I will be looking over my tactics again and i will also be having words with the defence. The rest of the pre-season should go much better! If not god help us.

-----------------

de8gu1.jpg

Bassett continues to strengthen!

alex%20smithies_633596764394062500.jpg

Mike Bassett has announced that he has finished up all major deals for this transfer window. He wasted no time in choosing another GK as he sign Vincent Enyeama for £500K from Habib Tel Aviv and young prospect Alex Smithies from Huddersfield for a fee close to £700K. Dodo completed his medical but was shipped out on loan to Leeds only a week after completing his transfer, he will join new teammate Sanchez Watt. The last player to arrive at the emirates was young Italian Marco Verratti. These new signings have paved the way for 6 more players to leave the club. Lukas Fabianski was one of two players to leave on a permanent basis as he completed a £1.2million move to Juventus. The other player was 17 year old Oguzhan Ozyakup who move to Bristol City for a deal worth around £100K. Henri Lansbury, Craig Eastmond and Wojciech Szczesny moved to Burnley, Millwall and Huddersfield on short term loan deals. Abou Diaby looks set to return to France next year after Bordeaux offered £250K for a season long loan with the option to pay £5.2million to make the move permanent.

manuel_almunia2_1459988c.jpg

Almunia's future is still very much in doubt after the arrival of both Enyeama and Smithies.

attachment.php

Bayern to cash in on Van Bommel?

Netherlands+v+Spain+2010+FIFA+World+Cup+Final+tlqdennkY8Tl.jpg

Van Bommel giving his orders during this years World Cup final.

With just under a year left on his current deal it appears Mark Van Bommel may be hoping ship early in order to bring in some quick cash for Bayern Munich. The bundesliga club whom Van Bommel has served for over 5 years have decided that the best form of action is to get at least a small amount of cash to help find a long term replacement for the Dutch midfielder. There are a few top clubs who are looking for his signature, with AC Milan leading the pack. It is also rumored that he is available for only £2million. One of the midfielders biggest fans Mike Bassett has admitted he will give it a shot.

Reporter said:
Hello there Mike, are you going to be attempting to bring in one of your favorite players?
Of course i'll be giving it a go like. Hes a real aggressive tackler and thats something Arsenal have been missing in past years. Someone who puts fear into the opponent.

Reporter said:
Do you think that all the hype surrounding him could cause an inflamed price tag?
Well Peter will be putting in a bid of around £2million and i guess we will have to just wait and see.

Reporter said:
There have been reports of you also making a move for young Rodney Sneijder, could you tell us a bit more about that?
Yes, we most certainly hope to complete the full signing by the end of this week. He's got potential and its good to help us build up links with Ajax especially because they produce such good young talent.

Reporter said:
Thanks for your time Mr Bassett.
Yeah see ya later kid.

20100723-rodney_sneijder.jpg

Will Rodney become as good as his brother Wes?

After our opening defeat against Dundee i knew we had to change our formation. There was no way i could use Carlos at all as a lone striker. So i decided on playing a 4-1-1-2-2 formation. It worked out almost perfectly. We managed to dominate all of our opponents and we didn't look like losing, but our opponents weren't the kind of quality we will be facing all season. However we carved defences up as if they were soft meat. In our final game of the pre-season i decided that out starting 11 would consist of the players who i felt had been the most consistent. We decided to go with this formation for our game against Barnsley :

Enyeama
Sagna - Squillaci - Vermaelen - Clichy
Diarra
Fabregas
Walcott ----------- Nasri
Chamakh - Van Persie

Samir+Nasri+Arsenal+v+Ipswich+Town+Carling+2sZo610Sojsl.jpg

Barnsley 0 - 7 Arsenal
Clichy (24), Van Persie (33,35), Walcott (41), Chamakh(54), Squillaci(72,77)

What a way to finish off the pre-season. We dominated from start to stop and we showed conviction in front of goal converting so many of our chances. We must carry this form into our opening game against Liverpool after the international break. Im also very happy that we managed to bring in Mark from Bayern and i hope he can bring the steel which Patrick Vieria took with him when he left.

Great story so far mate. Van Bommel a great signing because like u said, they've never replaced Vieira since he's left. Keep it up!