Welcome To Stoke. The Home Of Wedgwood & :Stoke City Football Club

Reaction score
Former Nottingham Forest Player, Tom Hammond Has Taken Up The Job At Stoke.

It is thought that stoke Owner, Peter Coates has taken a huge risk with the replacement for Tony Pulis, who sensationally left for Anfield. It is said that Coates thinks that Hammond, may have learned a lot from his time under Brian Clough at Nottingham Forest, and also that taking the role of assistant manager to legendary former Liverpool manager Kenny Dalgliesh for his last two years at Anfield, he then took on the role of youth coach at Manchester City until around 2001. Hammond had taken time out the game and has been out of action for around nine years although he says that he ready to come back into the game, and that he will never forget the experience's learnt from Clough & Dalgliesh.

Hammond then laid out what he wished to do with Stoke during his time at the club, " I think that my team are good enough to stay in the premier league, however saying that I do wish to build the team up so we can confirm that safety by getting up to mid table this season, I have high hopes for stoke it may take some time but I wish to grow this club and make it my own. I wish to build us like a family here we should look after each other." The chairmen obviously sees something in Hammond, lets just hope that his team are as good as his plan.

When questioned about his squad, he recognized that they were a team that played a long ball tactic and scored mainly through set pieces, but he did insist they were over criticized for this. " I would accept, some criticism for this, but I don't think they get enough credit for the times when we do play the beautiful game, we're a good side perhaps with one or two key additions we can become a mid table club, I have been given my budget, that I am not going to divulge into with the press." The press seemed to be quite happy with Hammond because he gave them newsworthy answers while not giving away club budgets.​

(p.s. my villa game got deleted somehow:'( )

Last edited:
Danny Wilson in 4.5 Million Pound Move To Stoke

Hammond announced the signing of Danny Wilson from Rangers as an exciting one, he said, " Danny Wilson is an excellent prospect, hes good enough for my first team now, and hes only 17! Just imagine what he will be like in a couple of years. He is a player full of determination to succeed, these are the type of players I want at my club, players who will give there all for the club, simple honest players, not the type who if a ball doesn't land at there feet run off complaining."