Starting to get really fed up of Stirling now, tried to make a couple of free transfer signings and the board blocked them or reduced the wage budget to such an extent I was trying to persuade a bloke who wanted £200 p/w to accept £45 :/

After our defeat of Berwick we have a two break for the international window and the closure of the transfer window.

My massive amount of stellar full blooded internationals for some reason aren't selected by their countries so we get a two week break! I arrange a friendly with Aberdeen to help with the fitness which we only lose 2-1.

The transfer window comes and goes with me doing precisely ****** all on deadline day.

I tweak the training, set up m throwings, free kicks and corners a bit better and we welcome Edinburgh City to the Forthbank.

View attachment 1102202

I set the team up to go out and attack, we're the strongest team and we should be winning, none of the slip ups of last season please guys. AMC Jack McCue gets us off to a flier with his 3rd goal of the season, RW Eddie Ferns follows up a minute later with his 3rd goal of the season and new striker Chris Duggan gets in on the act too. Game over and done with.

Fun fact, Jack McCue played 47 games last season and scored 3 goals... he's already matched his goal scoring total for last season!

But that's a brilliant win, I want to keep this going.

Next we are welcoming Stenhousemuir to the Forthbank, they've been in freefall since relegation from LL1 and I think we're primed to take advantage and inflict more misery on them.

View attachment 1102203

The team gets sent out with the message, get the first goal, destroy their confidence asap. It took 15 minutes but we take the lead, then Turnball scores an absolute stunner to make us 2-0 before Billy Mortimer comes on as a substitute and scores his first ever goal for us.

I can't believe what im witnessing, 2 3-1 wins in a row!

Next up we travel to Annan Athletic, the team who managed to destroy us in nearly every match last season so i'm not very confident, but if we can beat them then ideal

View attachment 1102209
We could have and should have won this game, but, we remain unbeaten for September, don't lose and still score a goal. I'm happy.

Its back home to Stirling to face Forfar next, in the 4 times we played each other last season, we won 3 and they won once. So hopefully we should beat them with our improved team.

I get invited to interviews for Finn Harps who are over acheiving in Ireland and are 9th in their premier league.
And Dover Atheltic who are bottom by 5 points in the Vanarama National league and only have 4 points and are in financial straits.

I attend both interviews.

Dover reject me but Finn Harps offer me a job. However, I take stock of my situation, I can win my first managerial trophy this season with Stirling, I firmly believe I can get us promoted as champions. Dundalk are the power players in Ireland and this season there is a 30 point gap between the two teams and there are no funds with which to change this. I decide to stay.

Anyway, back to the proper football and less of me.

Forfar Athletic are welcomed to Fortress Forthbank.

View attachment 1102215

It took a while but eventually we took the lead with a sucker punch right on half time. Duggan scores two more and we get an own goal for a 4-0 demolition job.

Chris Duggan is the striker we were missing last season, 5 goals in 5 league starts, over all 7 goals in 9 games and with Henderson stepping up with 5 goals, we have two strikers scoring goals plus Dickson chipping in here and there plus Ferns and McCue being better than they were last season, it proves me belief that all we were missing last season were goals.

Now we take a break from the league and face Arbroath away in the Scottish Cup.

I make a few changes to look at my other options, in come Hodge, Mortimer, Mcgeachie, Aiken, Malaga and Morton for Dickson, Mailer, McCue, Ferns, Duggan and Donald.

View attachment 1102220

And we were completely outplayed first half, no one seemed up for it, but worst of all was Malaga who has been in my ear non stop moaning about a lack of playing time. His contract will not be renewed. He look uninterested and did ****** all. Mortimer scoring was a good thing though, but now we get to focus on the League.

Speaking of which, we've played every team once so far.

We've beaten 6 of them, drawn with one and lost to two.

Here is the league table 1/4 of the way through the season

View attachment 1102221

We're 5 points clear of Annan, we're doing well. Its early days yet, when we've played the next 9 games then I'll know how the seasons going to go but I am feeling confident.

We now to welcome 8th place Peterhead to Fortress Forthbank.

View attachment 1102243

Well, we were punished for a very slow start, we went all out in the second half and managed to get a goal back but it was to little to late.

First defeat in 5 games, I'd rather we'd not lost this at home but we had to lose eventually.

Lincoln City offer me an interview which I attend.

We then face a trip to Arbroath, we beat them at our place, lost in the cup and had a 1-1 draw in the betfred cup so no idea how this will go!

View attachment 106385

Badly is the answer to that question.

3 defeats on the bounce now. I'm regretting mucking up the team for the cup game and ruining momentum.

I have two more interviews, one with Dagenham and Redbridge, the other with Portadown

I get rejected by both and then by Tranmere, but decline an interview with Southport and attend on with Glentoran.

We then face Elgin City at home.

Can we turn around our form here?

View attachment 106383

We can indeed. Awful match but the result is what matters

We round of November with a trip to Berwick Rangers.

View attachment 106380

Another nail biting performance but a late free kick for Colqs gives us the three points.

After a dreadful October and not the best starts to November, we're picking up points again.

View attachment 106379

We stay top but have our lead cut to 2 points. we're 5 games away from the half way stage. I hope we're still top!

BREAKING NEWS

MANAGER ROBIN LOCK HAS RESIGNED FROM HIS POSITION OF MANAGER LADBROKES LEAGUE 2 LEADERS STIRLING.

OUR SOUCES TELL US HE HAS HAD 4 JOB INTERVIEWS IN THE LAST WEEK AT SKY BET LEAGUE 2 EASTLIEGH, SERIE C SIDES LIVORNO AND BRESCIA AND VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE KIDDERMINSTER HARRIERS AND ONE OF THESE TEAMS HAVE OFFERED HIM A JOB.

WHERE WILL HE END UP?