Welsh Exiles Come Home-Version Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

WelshCrusader

Reaction score
* Using a database I have constructed myself which I will place up for download for verification and general use and also loading up the English Leagues Premier to Coca Cola League 2, Scottish Leagues & Irish/N, Irish Leagues also.

16iwiva.png

The restructuring of Welsh Football today was confirmed today with a complete overhaul to the system and its rules and regulations. Many critics of Welsh football over the years have heralded this move as a necessary one as despite the increasing level of talent emerging from the Welsh nation it is a false dawn as these players were taught and trained by English clubs.

So as of January 1st 2009 the Welsh clubs playing in England tendered their resignations to their respective divisions as they now sought European qualification and glory and most importantly, due to a heavy restructuring program the Welsh league system would now have toperate under a heavy financial code of business, much similar to the German league system as they did not wish to run the errors of the past of Swansea & Cardiff and especially not the current plight of English football as a whole.

FAW Chairman Philip Pritchard today had this to say;

"I am delighted that our exiled teams have come back to the league, through heavy investment with various companies and individuals the new Welsh League System I feel will have a more solid footing and as a result a better financial and footballing future."

The Rules of the new league system are as follows;

A squad of only 25 players to be registered.
Of that squad 5 players must have been trained in Wales & 3 must have been trained by the club itself.
No more than 3 foreign players Non-EU are to be registered by any club.

The season will run from mid august to late April with seven divisions and multiple cups to participate in, the footballers will have the chance to play regularly with a reserve division and a league and cup system for the under 21's has been devised by the FAW as well as a competition between the Scottish Champions, N.Irish Champions, Irish & Welsh champions also with a sum of money put together by all four associations with the winner gaining £1,000,000 in prize money.

This new season sees the birth of the Welsh Superleague and the remaining divisions and hopefully with that a stronger more powerful national team. But until these dreams are achieved the Welsh League must fight for survival in its infancy and fight to be the number one league in the British Isles and then Europe and then the world.

2en0sxe.png

With the announcement of Ryan Gwyther, an unknown Welsh coach who has worked alongside local football teams but never hit the big time or even the small time but after speaking with Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins the two felt that they could create something new and exciting at the liberty stadium and continuing Jenkins' trend of employing young managers it seems Gwyther will be the next name on the managers' office door after signing a £3,300 a week 2 year contract.

Gwyther's first duties will be to oversee a Swansea City XI versus the Swans reserves.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

357mtcm.jpg

Swansea City 3-2 Swansea City Reserves

The inter-squad match went ahead with minimal fuss behind closed doors at the liberty stadium with the first XI ending up the winners but there is plenty for Ryan Gwyther to be unhappy with according to one insider.

"The squad players not in the reserves were given a chance to shine at second half and from 2-0 up they ended up winning just by three goals to two."

Gwyther has hastily arranged a short tour of the Netherlands today with FC Zwolle the first opponents for the Swans, followed by trips to FC Den Bosch, HFC Haarlem & culminating in a trip to ADO Den Haag; Swansea's 'friendship' club. Other friendlies include a trip to Spain to play the Glenn Hoddle Academy & then ending with a brief trip to Sweden to play Ostersunds FK.

FC Zwolle 1-8 Swansea City

2cxaglz.jpg

A third minute opener by the flying Finn Shefqi Kuqi allowed the Swans to gain momentum only to be shot down in the 12th minute by Zwolle. This would not last long as new signing, Dutchman Cedric Van Der Gun, fired in three goals alongside goals from Joe Allen, an Ashley Williams double and another goal for Kuqi, with no substitutions used, Gwyther felt his first XI could do the business and they did not fail him.

Physio reports that after the match Leon Britton suffred a possible strained ankle and is estimated to be out of action for 2-3 weeks.

Transfer Ins & Outs

The transfer market for the Swans and the rest of the Welsh Superleague was a very quiet one with Swansea capturing the most headlines with the signatures of veterans Raymond Kalla & Sargis Hovsepyan whilst adding Brazilian youngster Matheus & Welsh full back Neil Taylor to their team.

The Swans also waved farewell to several players this transfer window, most notably Federico Bessone, Gorka Pintado & Andrea Orlandi who now move onto securing their footballing futures elsewhere. Swansea City wishes them all the very best in all their future endeavours.

308gl5t.png

152j8d0.png

The pre-season friendlies ended with Swansea winning 6 of their matches and being defeated in only one, the results are as follows and highlights the increasing favouritism towards an attacking playing style.

Full Pre-Season results

Swansea City 8-1 FC Zwolle
Swansea City 2-4 FC Den Bosch
Swansea City 2-0 HFC Haarlem
Swansea City 2-0 ADO Den Haag
Swansea City 5-0 Glenn Hoddle Academy
Swansea City 5-0 Ostersunds FK
Swansea City 4-0 Banfield

THE WELSH SUPERLEAGUE SEASON STARTS NOW!

The very first WSL match was coming to television courtesy of SKY sports & the BBC as not only was it a monumental moment in British football but it was also the biggest match in Welsh football, Swansea City versus Cardiff City.

The South Wales derby now took its place back within the Welsh Football League structure and also at Cardiff City's new stadium. A complete sellout crowd of 25000 witnessed a tense and nervous game between the two titans.

2e5mo0z.jpg

The Swansea crowd erupted into hysteria as new dutch signing Cedric Van Der Gun drove home a blistering strike broke the deadlock three minutes before the half time whistle.

1690804.jpg

The second half began quickly and angrily as several heavy handed tackles from both sides nearly ended with a full scale riot between players but despite Cardiff being the better team after the immediate break their attack was neutered with the injury of Michael Chopra. The remain 40 minutes of the match ended with both teams unable to gain the advantage but managing many shots against one another and forcing the ball to the strikers to try and end this match.

The end result...

sp96hl.png

The match was over. The fans of Swansea erupted into sheer delight as they sealed the first WSL match over their hated rivals. First blood and bragging rights to the Swans. The attention now shifted to their Owain Glyndwr Cup First Round tie against Presteigne St. Andrews at the Liberty Stadium.

OGC 1st Round;

Swansea 2-0 Presteigne St. Andrews

not a undefeated season for Cardiff in the 2nd version then!

Last edited:
not a undefeated season for Cardiff in the 2nd version then!

I think this must be the first time I have played on any of my welsh databases I have made where Cardiff aren't top of the league by christmas. Another update soon from August to December.

I think this must be the first time I have played on any of my welsh databases I have made where Cardiff aren't top of the league by christmas. Another update soon from August to December.

Did you alter any of the reps?

yep. EVERY team in the superleague has 3000. I've made them low for the simple matter it'll make it harder, I cant stand databses where they go overboard with the reputations, I've raised a lot of the other clubs in Wales and also their stadia only for story reasons BUT not stupidly overboard, trying to aim for a challenging and realistic database.

Anyway. Update up in a minute or two.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

These are the following results from Friday 7th August to Monday 28th December 2009.

August - September Results

(WSL) Cardiff 0-1 Swansea
(OGC) Swansea 4-0 Presteigne St. Andrews (1st Round)
(WSL) Swansea 3-1 The New Saints
(WSL) Newport County 0-2 Swansea
(WSL) Swansea 8-0 Llanelli
(WSL) Carmarthen 0-8 Swansea

dorus-de-vries-152974041.jpg

October - November Results

(OGC) Swansea 4-0 RTB Ebbw Vale (2nd Round)
(WSL) Haverfordwest 0-4 Swansea
(WSL) Swansea 6-0 Porthmadog
(SLC) Rhyl 0-5 Swansea (2nd Round -1st Round Bye)
(WSL) Swansea 8-0 Rhyl
(WSL) Newtown 0-4 Swansea
(WSL) Swansea 6-0 Aberystwyth
(WSL) Wrexham 0-3 Swansea
(WSL) Swansea 2-0 Colwyn Bay
(WSL) Port Talbot 0-3 Swansea

3275987031_ab278a0f92.jpg

December Results

(OGC) Halkyn 0-3 Swansea (3rd Round)
(WSL) Merthyr Tydfil 0-2 Swansea
(OGC) Connah's Quay 1-3 Swansea (4th Round)
(SLC) Swansea 2-0 Wrexham (Qtr Final)
(WSL) Swansea 5-0 Connah's Quay
(Friendly) Swansea Under 21's 0-7 Swansea First XI

article-1101841-02E524DF000005DC-468_468x408.jpg

Transfers In/Out
As of the 19th January 2010

In

Amine - Real Sporting - £120,000
Joel Acosta - Boca Juniors - £190,000

Out

Besian Idrizaj - Ystradgynlais - Free
Raymond Kalla - Released (Due to Argumentative Behaviour)
Nathan Dyer - Middlesbrough - £500,000
Thomas Gregg De Lopes Silva - Neath - £1,000
Rafeeq Kaid - Released
Sargis Hovsepyan - Released
David Kingdom - Released
Karl Keogh - Released
Warren Feeney - Returned to parent club

So coming back into the active calendar following Christmas, the Swans are fiercely defending their three point margin over nearest rivals Cardiff who sit beneath them in 2nd place. Manager Ryan Gwyther also helped celebrate the festive period with his team smashing in goal after goal and still rumours persist he isn't happy with the attacking options.

"We have Beattie & Kuqi and also Cedric who can alternate between winger and striker but I feel we need possibly another mature striker to give us the extra edge in goal as Cardiff have Chopra who can't be stopped right now. I know we signed young Matheus but I feel he needs game time elsewhere so he will be either sent to Garden Village or our new feeder team Pontyclun"

Swansea also in the market signed young French-Algerian striker Amine who at only 16 years of age has years before he hits his full potential and also coming in alongside him is Argentina striker Joel Acosta who can play on the right hand sand of midfield and primarily also as a striker, Gwyther is rumoured to be in the market for one or two defenders following the releases of recent signings Kalla & Hovsepyan.

"Lovely lads. Helped the kids no end BUT Sargis wanted to return home as far as he said, he misses his wife and kids and he only turned 37 not long ago and being that age and thousands of miles from your kids and unable to break into the first team, it was a burden to him and us and we let him go and he needs regular football at his age and he needs his kids.

On the other side of the coin was Raymond whom took repeated offence to his omission from the matchday squads and/or first team due to other players playing out of their skins week in and week out. I felt some of his comments were untoward the club and personally aimed at his fellow team mates, coaching staff and myself and the chairman who brought him here as part of our family. If he had applied himself better then maybe he would have a glorious end to his career as his contract with us was up in a few months but no, we terminated the remainder of the deal to save this club from any more acrimony"

The club now seems to be focusing on future efforts as many other teams try to raid the youth club and academys starlets and Gwyther seems happy to let the youth leave as it seems they in his own opinion are signing 'those who would not be of enough class to put a Swansea shirt on week in and week out'. And with the Swans seemingly heading towards Glyndwr Cup & also Superleague Cup glory, a treble looms on the horizon for the young manager who in his first season may truly become one of Welsh footballs finest. The only question is. Can he keep his team going at the pace they are setting, or will Cardiff get their revenge come the next derby and close the gap?

The League Table as of December 28th 2009

34hfggg.png

KEY:

WSL - Welsh Superleague
WC - Welsh Championship
WD1 - Welsh First Division
WD2 - Welsh Second Division
WD3 - Welsh Third Division
WNL - Welsh National
WCP - Welsh Conference

OGC - Owain Glyndwr Cup
SLC - Superleague Cup*
WCC - Welsh Challenge Cup#
WSC - Welsh Super Cup
CC - Celtic Cup+

* Open only to Superleague teams
# Open only to National & Conference teams
+ One Irish, One N.Irish, One Scottish and One Welsh team.

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:56 PM ----------

"So coming into the new year at the summit of the Superleague, how does that make you feel?"

"Pretty good to be honest, since the start of the season we've been making sure our position as the pacesetters is confirmed and we've done that without playing negative football"

"Rumours suggest that wingers Davd Cotterill & Nathan Dyer are unhappy at the lack oo playing time. Can you clarify this matter?"

"The two boys have come to me and expressed their unhappiness at frequent football which I understand but I told both of them that right now my style of football is different to their positioning and they'll have to wait or adapt."

"So is there any truth to the rumours that Dyer has agreed terms with Middlebrough?"

"I can confirm that Nathan will be a Middlesbrough player by the opening of January's transfer window"

"Do you think your team can keep up this push for the title with Cradiff not willing to back down and your match with them soon could very well go towards deciding the title?"

"Yes. An unequivocal yes. We are THE team to beat and I relish and expect a challenge off the Bluebirds"

January Updates

(WSL) Swansea City 8-0 Welshpool Town

2009-07-18-swansea-fct-1.jpg

A decidely one sided fixture ended with the Swans romping home after a demolition job. Dutch maestro Cedric Van Der Gun scoring a a hat trick was the highlight of the game.

(SLC) Swansea 3-0 Aberystwyth

The Superleague cup semi final ended with the Swans securing their place in the first ever SLC final at the now renamed Millennium Stadium aka The Cymru Arena, whoever the Swans opponents are it seems they will have to deal with the rampant goalscoring acumen of the Swans.

(WSL) Swansea City 3-3 Cardiff City

The epic that was the return fixture. No team could keep hold of the lead, not for sloppy defending but because each teams strikeforce just were firing on all cylinders in this match. Whenever one team hit first gear the other would go up one and a thrilling epic of a match ended 3 goals apiece after Kelvin Etuhu of Cardiff scored in the third minute of added on time to give Cardiff a lifeline of keeping up the pressure on the Swans.

"Disappointed with the result?"
"Well as a Swansea fan of course but as a football fan that was one for the purists, goals flying thick and fast but solid defending form both teams"
"Any highlights from the match for you?"
"Jazz Richards is emerging thick and fast and outplaying his seniors week in and week out and within two seasons I expect him to be a Welsh senior team cap, his goal was a delight to watch"

(WSL) The New Saints 1-3 Swansea City

A close game to call despite the scoreline, it seem the Swans players needed a break after the Cardiff game but were thrust into this one knowing they needed to keep up the succesful streak of being undefeated.

(OGC) Swansea City 2-2 Cardiff City (Swans Win On Pens)

Another visit to the Liberty from the Bluebirds and this time a draw would not suffice as Glyndwr Cup quarter final victory was for the taking. Another tense match between the two titans resulting in a penalty shootout which the Swans wen ton to win yet again another smack in the face for the Bluebirds who will now focus on the Superleague title chase.

End of January Update

With the closing of the January transfer window it was a quite one for all concerned yet again with Swansea securing a pre-contract deal with a well known international 'misfit' who seems to be on his way when his club contract expires. No reports on who this individual is yet but we hope for some news soon.
The only confirmed report in dicates that young Swedish keeper Oscar Jansson of Tottenham is moving to the South Wales club as back up to Dorus De Vries at the end of his contract.

Last edited:
Good story and database. league looks like a breeze for you and cardiff. Looks like the fixture between the sides will be the differance for a few seasons.
Looking forward to the Celtic cup matches and the second season which you should have a few european fixtures.
has the database been uploaded fancy a go of it?

Good story and database. league looks like a breeze for you and cardiff. Looks like the fixture between the sides will be the differance for a few seasons.
Looking forward to the Celtic cup matches and the second season which you should have a few european fixtures.
has the database been uploaded fancy a go of it?

the database has been uploaded for general use. Ive completed season 1 fully and started on the 2nd season.usually by the 7th season I find the league becomes a ****** tough one and for some reason cardiff drop off towards mid table whilst teams from lower leagues seem to rise and rise.

having tweaked the databases again for the one I am using for this story perhaps we will see a more resilient cardiff and a stronger remainder of teams.

In the first Celtic Cup the winners were Rangers who beat Glentoran I think 3-0

you said you equaled all the reps to make it more challenging & I see all wins & few 8-0 wins lol! Couple of seasons the rest should catch up slightly lol

I did equal the reps BUT the playing squads were all the same so youre gonna see a stupid amount of 8-0's until say season three when teams that have been promoted start pushing the Superleague regulars. I'm tempted to run the game as well in a seperate save for twenty years and see how far the league goes

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Remainder of results for the 2009/2010 season

(WSL) Swansea City 6-0 Newport County
(WSL) Llanelli 1-5 Swansea City
(WSL) Swansea City 5-1 Carmarthen Town

(WSL) Bangor City 0-2 Swansea City
(WSL) Swansea City 0-0 Haverfordwest County
(WSL) Porthmadog 0-7 Swansea City

(SLC) Cardiff 0-1 Swansea City (Final)
(OGC) Llanelli 0-7 Swansea City (Semi Final)
(WSL) The New Saints 1-3 Swansea City

(WSL) Rhyl 0-2 Swansea City
(WSL) Swansea City 2-0 Newtown
(WSL) Aberystwyth 0-2 Swansea City

(WSL) Swansea City 2-0 Wrexham
(WSL) Colwyn Bay 0-2 Swansea City
(WSL) Swansea 2-0 Port Talbot

(WSL) Welshpool 0-5 Swansea City
(WSL) Connah's Quay 0-4 Swansea City
(WSL) Merthyr 0-6 Swansea

(OGC) Swansea City 2-0 Seven Sisters

The firstseason of the Welsh Superleague is over and the victors are Swansea City, the title went down to the wire with the Swans only winning by a single point after dropping points to Haverfordwest. Triumph for the Swans also in the Owain Glyndwr Cup & the Welsh Superleague Cup making it a league and cup TREBLE in Gwyther's first season with his hometown club.

He has declined interviews but has informed many media outlets that he would not have achieved this victory if it were not for the youngsters and the senior members of the team banding together and has wanred that next season he plans a radical overhaul of the playing staff.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

okay. i am ending this story as i am finally doing a fin al attempt at a more cohesive and easier to read storyline and database with a more streamlined database as i have removed and renamed some items such as the owain glyndwr cup reverting to welsh league cup superleague cup being disbanded whilst the celtic cup expands to maybe 16.

please download the database to help me fine tune it before i restart the final story and make it, hopefully one of the best on this site

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

okay the databse has vanished. i will upload it for you people tomorrow night to help me test and redo it. sorry for this folks. i just want to make a good story for you all to read and a good database for you all to play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back