• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 625
I

iNickStuff

picture.php

Wenger attacks Moyes following Fabregas allegations

• "I believe it is wrong for Moyes to come out with what he pretends to have heard in the tunnel." - Wenger
  • Fabregas accused by Everton boss
Arsene Wenger has accused Everton counterpart David Moyes of fabricating his allegations against Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas.

The Toffees boss claimed the Spain international deserved a red card for his 'disgusting' comments in the tunnel at half-time of the clash between the two teams at Emirates Stadium on Tuesday evening.

The Gunners, who went on to win 2-1, were infuriated that Everton's opening goal was allowed to stand by referee Lee Mason's and assistant Stephen Child even though Louis Saha appeared to be clearly in an offside position.

Wenger has again insisted that his captain did not speak directly to Mason and believes that the Football Association's decision not to bring any charges vindicates the midfield star.

But the French tactician feels that Moyes has broken an unwritten rule of the game by making reference to incidents which took place away from the glare of the cameras, which he claims are commonplace in football.

FULL STORY HERE

Read that this morning in the paper.

These kind of rivalries are getting stupid and pathetic. Just get on with managing your clubs :mad:

Read that this morning in the paper.

These kind of rivalries are getting stupid and pathetic. Just get on with managing your clubs :mad:
agreed. Think Moyes lashed out becuase of the pressure on his own shoulders

He sounds quite sour in the interview as well, so he's obviously got a bit of baggage from that loss. Accusing Fabregas is not exactly the best way to react from Moyes.

I think "attacks" is probably the wrong word here. Perhaps "hits back" is more appropriate? OK, as ever, Wenger is over reacting to something Moyes said, but it's not the first time managers have done this.. Martinez did it when Cesc fairly won a penalty, McCarthy did it when everyone missed Henry sticking his studs in Cesc before Fabregas went in for a 50:50 and "should've been sent off", Anthony Pilktonton (H'field Town) made up some utter bullshit on twitter about Cesc not giving him his shirt, when he did.. and Phil Brown made something up a year or two ago about Cesc spitting..

I said it on the match thread, I don't understand people - you question his commitment to the club, then you question whether he's too committed and his attitude towards referees etc. sucks.

Moyes has clearly tried to deflect the focus from his own team, and the pressure on his job and suddenly every paper and major media source in England is talking about how Fabregas' attitude is ruining his talent - What about a certain Wayne Rooney?

Wenger sums it up well, IMO:

"If you play football tomorrow with your friends, you go sometimes in at half-time and say something to your friend that you would not be very proud of 24 hours later, but it is in the heat of the moment. For me the incident is closed."

agreed. Think Moyes lashed out becuase of the pressure on his own shoulders

This. And who wouldn't lash out if under the pressure he is right now? Team is blowing leads, club in financial meltdown, **** of lot of off the field stuff getting worse on a daily basis. Human nature to just suddenly snap. You can only take so much and it just takes one little thing. Been there myself, as I'm sure nearly everybody has.

This. And who wouldn't lash out if under the pressure he is right now? Team is blowing leads, club in financial meltdown, **** of lot of off the field stuff getting worse on a daily basis. Human nature to just suddenly snap. You can only take so much and it just takes one little thing. Been there myself, as I'm sure nearly everybody has.
I believe that unless investment is found this summer, Moyes will walk. he looks like a man who has really just had enough

I believe that unless investment is found this summer, Moyes will walk. he looks like a man who has really just had enough

Pretty much aye. Resigned to a painful summer. To be honest, he'll need a break from all this for the good of his health. Think it's pretty clear he has had enough. I know he said he would never walk away, and has proffessed his loyalty and committment, but he has done all he humanly can, and for what he has done, I'll be eternally grateful to him. He just looks burnt out to me-the old spark has gone from him. He needs a break from management, then just wait for a big club to come in for him, where he will do tremondously well.