Wenger Ball - The Success Arsenal Deserves!

chensta

Reaction score
Being an Arsenal fan for the last 10 years has been tough. Heart Breaks & Heart Attacks aplenty. Even though Arsene Wenger's philosophy is to be admired, things just haven't gone the Arsenal way.

My goal in this save is to follow in the footsteps of what Arsene Wenger is trying to achieve
  • Focus on young players for the future
  • Fast attacking football
However, I would also be making a few changes.
  • Willingness to spend to invest in the future
  • Flexibility of tactics (Attacking/Possession football against weaker sides, and counter attacking football against tougher sides).
Being a veteren of FM games, I was pretty confident in my first season, although my goal in investing in a lot of youth players might put me in a bit of a weaker position, my goal was to dominate in the 2nd or 3rd season once these young stars get going.

Goals:
  • Win the Triple Treble - Premier League, Champions League and FA Cup x 3 years in a row!
  • Invincibles Season
  • Bonus: See Chelsea get relegated or Mourinho sacked...somehow

Last edited:
Finally someone take Arsenal, great :) looking forward for update :)

So 3 games into the season, this is the state of my Arsenal team :) Loving the realism of FM16

FMVtDGL.png

Thankfully, one of the key things I am focusing on is squad depth, and it'll be a chance to give some of my young super stars a chance to shine.

Last edited:
Transfers.

So playing through my game, it is April and things are going well (will talk about this later :p)

Before I go on, here is what I did in the transfer market in my first season. As you can see, there was quite a bit of a clear out in useless talent, especially in my youth teams. This is so that my new wonderkids can get a bit more gametime in youth games and more training attention from youth coaches.

sb3Tg03.png

The Sule deal was probably a poor piece of business, (I think it was like 20 mill upfront and 60 mill over 48 months). I was a little too excited to get going and from my experience with him playing Fifa Career mode, I thought he was going to become an epic star. He is turning out to be a brilliant defender with so much more potential to go, but in hindsight there would of been other better options for less :)