Wenger confirms deal for Lehmann

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger confirms that goalkeeper Jens Lehmann is training with the club and will sign a contract until the end of the season.

More...

at last we have cover for almunia

hope he plays at least once for us

at last we have cover for almunia

hope he plays at least once for us

Honestly, from a Spurs fan point of view this is the best news since the signing of Van Der Vaart ;)

Last edited:
Decent cover and knows the club, so makes sense. It might also help his career in the way it helped Sol Campbells (albeit briefly)

Honestly, from a Spurs fan point of view this is the best news since the signing of Van Der Vaart

Grow up, do you ever make a post that isn't heavily retarded, biased or simply ignorant?

Honestly, from a Spurs fan point of view this is the best news since the signing of Van Der Vaart ;)
Better than beating Inter & AC? Wow

I doubt he will play, am I the only person that rates Almunia on this forum?

It was joke, at least Tubby took it well lol

Congratulations, it was as funny as ever other post you've made on this website.

and no, I rate all the Arsenal keepers tbh, one of them just needs consistency. Wojciech Szczesny in particular is fantastic. Almunia makes mistakes but is heavily heavily under-rated/ over-criticised

Most likely. Although he does have his moments of brilliance, he makes too many mistakes.

He makes far to many mistakes for my liking

but he's played great in the last two games , barca and utd so lets hope it continues "touches wood"

:)

Thing is, some other keepers have an eccentric streak, but like Lehmann, have had tremondous displays. Lehmann still has a tremondous amount to offer, both on the pitch, and off it

I think he'll still play at a very good level and might surprise some

Mad Jens in the town.. Get in.

On topic though, good deal for both player and Arsenal. He is Almunia's back up, Arsenal have strengthened the position and Mad Jens instead of sitting on his luxury sofa will sit on bench and collect nice wage packet.

Would love to see him getting a game.

Yes.

and no, I rate all the Arsenal keepers tbh, one of them just needs consistency. Wojciech Szczesny in particular is fantastic. Almunia makes mistakes but is heavily heavily under-rated/ over-criticised

Nah mate, he gets alot of stick and I dont think he is that bad tbh

For some undecided reason, neither of these two opinions count ;)

Tubby - You can't take my place as the one and only entirely positive Arsenal fan on the forum, mkay?

Avg Joe - Just watch the game when WBA beat us 2-3: Sums him up - Wrong decisons, no command of his area and never seems to be actually concentrating.

He makes far to many mistakes for my liking

but he's played great in the last two games , barca and utd so lets hope it continues "touches wood"

:)

He'll do that to ya - Played well against Barca at the Emirates last year and at OT in the semi-final of the CL two years ago, but somewhere along the line, he'll be at fault for a goal: Ibra's two goals were good finishes, but mistakes by Almunia IMO and Ronaldo scored a 40 yard freekick which was hit surprisingly well but IT's 40 YARDS! He has about 10 minutes to react to that. (H)

Thing is, some other keepers have an eccentric streak, but like Lehmann, have had tremondous displays. Lehmann still has a tremondous amount to offer, both on the pitch, and off it

Some have eccentric streaks - he's permanently like that ;)

Off the pitch, hopefully he'll give Almunia more of a fright than James Shea and Emilio Martinez might..

Typically late confirmation of the deal, I expect Arsenal.com will have the news come May. 8-|

Back