Wenger criticises Man Utd pitch

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 2K
Jog on Arsene, Just admit your players weren't good enough to beat us...

Fair enough. Maybe we are bit harsh on Wenger here.
its a gripe i have with the BBC. no doubt he moans too much, but this time hes not actually moaned and no where does it actually say the pitch cost him the game

he is starting to become worse than Fergie with all his excuses and moaning.

Nani slipped a couple of times too, so you can argue that the pitch was quite wet. Nothing you can really do about it now though.Wenger isn't really complaining, but I can understand his point. It's only because Arsenal lost that the media will take his words and make them more powerful. In the Guardian, the title was "Wenger condemns Old Trafford pitch after defeat". If it were a win for Arsenal, had he said it, I am sure the word 'condemn' wouldn't be in it.

Fergie should come out complaining about the tackles arsenal were putting about last night, coming from a team whos manager constantly crys about tackling in games hi steam certainly put their weight about last. Not that I disagree with it I think its ideal but Arsehole didn't complain either when he normally does the moron XD Park Parkk wherever you may be..

Oh man I hate when he comes with things like this.

ManU where better and deserved the victory. Accept it, congratulate them, and end of the story.

lol and Man Utd were totally unaffected by the pitch right :P

Wenger, don't blame the pitch! Blame the officials, it's easier that way. To be honest though conceding a penalty because your LB falls over is a little harsh XD

How about sign some better players, like everyone has been saying we need for the past 3 seasons.

Nani slipped a couple of times too, so you can argue that the pitch was quite wet. Nothing you can really do about it now though.Wenger isn't really complaining, but I can understand his point. It's only because Arsenal lost that the media will take his words and make them more powerful. In the Guardian, the title was "Wenger condemns Old Trafford pitch after defeat". If it were a win for Arsenal, had he said it, I am sure the word 'condemn' wouldn't be in it.

This.

Wasn't a great pitch tbh, was wet and a lot of players were slipping.

However, I don't think he really should have said this - there's no need but he's just wanting to move the focus way from his team. Every manager always has an excuse, it's not like Wenger is the only manager to ever complain about anything.

So stop using this as an excuse to boast about the three points or slate Wenger!

but he doesnt blame it on the loss, he also said we struggled with the pitch too. Wenger complains too much, but the BBC always twists his words

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Clearly Wenger doesn't like his team playing on a slightly ruined pitch, but there are going to be many other occasions during the season where we have to play on a pitch that doesn't compare with the Emirates.

Yeaaaaa Man Utd kicked there ***'es, i new they would do it, no title for the gunners this time AGAIN lmao, useless Arsenal bottled it on the big stage and couldn't handle the pressure, bunch of losers the lot of em, :-)

Does anyone actually read the linked article? He didn't blame the pitch for losing, he admits it affected both sides equally. Don't be so quick to jump on him just because of the BBC's headline.

Yeaaaaa Man Utd kicked there ***'es, i new they would do it, no title for the gunners this time AGAIN lmao, useless Arsenal bottled it on the big stage and couldn't handle the pressure, bunch of losers the lot of em, :-)

slightly over the top if im honest.

back on topic, from where i sit the pitch looked ok, a bit patchy along the sides though, was a great end to end game with plenty of chances created, glad to get all 3 points at the end.

the pitch wasnt the best though as players kept slipping :S

If players stopped wearing these bladed boots and resorted back to normal studs they would slip far less on wet surfaces. The blades do not get into the pitch and give enough grip.

Wenger criticised the pitched but then said his team wasn't good enough. Why didn't they add that

Back