• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger underlines his determination to keep Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri at the club.

More...

And there I was thinking we'd let Fabregas go for £27m! D'oh!

He will keep Fabregas definetely, but as for Nasri, that's just going to get more and more interesting

Nasri has really disappointed me, turning his back on the fans who stuck with him, when his form was poor, and now he's playing well, he wants to jump ship, for money.

Nasri has really disappointed me, turning his back on the fans who stuck with him, when his form was poor, and now he's playing well, he wants to jump ship, for money.

Or for trophies?

tbh, he was one of the players most at fault for the collapse last year, and if he would have upped his game, perhaps we could have had a trophy. ****** me off that players would prefer to jump ship and take the easy way out, rather than show loyalty and passion for a club.

Fabregas should stay, as Barcelona are cutting on their spending and Wenger is reluctant to let him leave. However, he looks like he wants to join Barca, and probably will do next/next, next season.

Nasri, as Frank said, wants to jump ship for trophies and/or money when a club actually wants him, despite the Arsenal fans being nice to him. However, he wants trophies and money, as a football career is short and you cannot afford to stay at an [recently] unsuccessful club (although I do know Arsenal have done well in recent seasons).

tbh, he was one of the players most at fault for the collapse last year, and if he would have upped his game, perhaps we could have had a trophy. ****** me off that players would prefer to jump ship and take the easy way out, rather than show loyalty and passion for a club.

oh please, your whole team was at fault for your collapse not just him, you cant just blame him solely.... he is not taking the easy way out at all, he just wants to further his career because he knows that teams such as Chelsea and Man United are not ones who self-combust when the going gets tough adding the fact that right now Arsenal are more in the news over the fact that their best players are contemplating to leave them rather than being in the news because they are linked to top-class players

oh please, your whole team was at fault for your collapse not just him, you cant just blame him solely.... he is not taking the easy way out at all, he just wants to further his career because he knows that teams such as Chelsea and Man United are not ones who self-combust when the going gets tough adding the fact that right now Arsenal are more in the news over the fact that their best players are contemplating to leave them rather than being in the news because they are linked to top-class players

I wasn't blaming him solely, it's just quite funny that he wants to win trophies, and he was the player who's form dropped the most in the 'run-in'.

I don't care if Nasri goes. As long as Wenger gets a good price and somebody to replace him, it's fine. Considering what he has contributed to the team, he's easily replaceable. 4 good months in 3 seasons does not warrant paying £13 million for him.

I wasn't blaming him solely, it's just quite funny that he wants to win trophies, and he was the player who's form dropped the most in the 'run-in'.

His form dipped when he was shunted out wide when Fabregas came back into the squad. His best form was when he was playing in the middle (hence why Utd want to sign him as they dont need any more wingers) and its a fault of Wenger not Nasri.

Isn't it obvious why we are not linked with "Top players"? He is taking the easy way out, he has been poor for 3 seasons and had a good first few months and now thinks he is god's gift.

His form dipped when he was shunted out wide when Fabregas came back into the squad. His best form was when he was playing in the middle (hence why Utd want to sign him as they dont need any more wingers) and its a fault of Wenger not Nasri.

thats simply untrue. his best form was on the right hand side, and you clearly can't have watched us much if that's your opinion.

thats simply untrue. his best form was on the right hand side, and you clearly can't have watched us much if that's your opinion.

Yer i do and thats my opinion, although i do prefer to watch Arsenal in the 2nd half of the season for comedy reasons mainly.

to be quite frank so did the form of your whole team... whose form dipped most is quite frankly irrelevant because none of your players except RVP performed well

Jack Wilshere and Aaron Ramsey should step up, with Henri Lansbury and others to become backup in their place if the duo do leave.

I have a feeling Wenger cares about them leaving, though, and will try to stop it happening.

This is such bull-****. Check the stats - he played 3 times at AMC, the majority of the time he played wide-right, and thrived. I don't know where people get this misconception that he prefers, and is best in, Cesc Fabregas' role. He's clearly not. He was "shunted" to the left because of the form of Walcott (you know - when he tore Cashley apart at the Emirates?). He played there before Christmas as well and did perfectly well, but after Xmas, he started thinking about his holidays and his form dipped significantly, even when put back on the right.

Exactement. And Frank - agree completely with everything you've said so far...

Yer i do and thats my opinion, although i do prefer to watch Arsenal in the 2nd half of the season for comedy reasons mainly.

Cute. You resort to trolling when you realise you're wrong...

to be quite frank so did the form of your whole team... whose form dipped most is quite frankly irrelevant because none of your players except RVP performed well

But he's not exempt. No one has said he's the only one who did it, but if he was as good a player as he thinks he is (see his quotes saying he wants to be a Balon D'Or winner) then he would have played well for the whole season, not 4 months. If he'd done that, and we didn't win a trophy I would 100% understand him wanting to move to win trophies but moaning about not winning trophies isn't fair when - as has been said - he's had 4 good months in 3 years. It's also down to him to win us trophies - he can't expect to play badly (yet have the support of the Arsenal faithful) and for trophies just to be delivered on a plate for him. Just like Denilson saying "I want to win trophies" is funny because he's been partly at fault for us not winning anything with him in the team.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Both of them are probably gonna leave. Wenger needs to bring in some more talent.

Doubt it now - for this summer at least. Guardiola is now not talking to Rossell because of his refusal to negotiate properly with Arsenal (complaining about us signing Bellerín and Toral when Pep already gave his blessing..) - they want to sign Sanchez too and it's unlikely they'll have the money for Cesc this season unless they go all out.

Arsenal are demanding £25m for Nasri (which outlines Wenger's refusal to sell to rivals, I'm sure he'd accept £20m from Inter for e.g. if he thought Nasri wouldn't re-sign) so he may not leave yet either.

We're certainly in the driving seat re: Cesc.

Jack Wilshere and Aaron Ramsey should step up, with Henri Lansbury and others to become backup in their place if the duo do leave.

I have a feeling Wenger cares about them leaving, though, and will try to stop it happening.

That is pretty much what the title says! ;)

But he's not exempt. No one has said he's the only one who did it, but if he was as good a player as he thinks he is (see his quotes saying he wants to be a Balon D'Or winner) then he would have played well for the whole season, not 4 months. If he'd done that, and we didn't win a trophy I would 100% understand him wanting to move to win trophies but moaning about not winning trophies isn't fair when - as has been said - he's had 4 good months in 3 years. It's also down to him to win us trophies - he can't expect to play badly (yet have the support of the Arsenal faithful) and for trophies just to be delivered on a plate for him. Just like Denilson saying "I want to win trophies" is funny because he's been partly at fault for us not winning anything with him in the team.

tbh that could be said about the whole team.. tommorow Fabregas may come out and say the same thing and you would be back here typing out a similar post, quite frankly the form of the whole team dipped and although what he said may not exactly endear him to the Arsenal Faithful, you can more or less figure out what is going on in his mind really

He is probably thinking that if a club like Man Utd want him where he will be playing on a whole new level with a much more successfull manager around quality players for arguably the biggest club in England, I am pretty sure he will do anything and find any excuse to force a move through, its not really taking the easy way out you know... if thats taking the easy way out, what about Fabregas who was enticed by first-team opportunites at Arsenal and left Barcelona instead of staying there and fighting for his place, isn't that taking the easy way out too

Lets be honest Joss, anyone would grab a opportunity to play for Manchester United if they are playing in a club like Arsenal a top club nonetheless but not quite as big as Man Utd

tbh that could be said about the whole team.. tommorow Fabregas may come out and say the same thing and you would be back here typing out a similar post, quite frankly the form of the whole team dipped and although what he said may not exactly endear him to the Arsenal Faithful, you can more or less figure out what is going on in his mind really

He is probably thinking that if a club like Man Utd want him where he will be playing on a whole new level with a much more successfull manager around quality players for arguably the biggest club in England, I am pretty sure he will do anything and find any excuse to force a move through, its not really taking the easy way out you know... if thats taking the easy way out, what about Fabregas who was enticed by first-team opportunites at Arsenal and left Barcelona instead of staying there and fighting for his place, isn't that taking the easy way out too

Lets be honest Joss, anyone would grab a opportunity to play for Manchester United if they are playing in a club like Arsenal a top club nonetheless but not quite as big as Man Utd

What? How can you POSSIBLY compare Cesc to Nasri?

Their current situations are completely different - one's wants to leave because he isn't being given a 50K/week pay-rise for 4 good months in 3 years, and because he isn't happy that the team (including him) don't appear to have a 'winning mentality', the other wants to leave because he has the chance to go back to his boyhood club - who also happen to the be the best in the world. Can you not see the difference there?

And no, I wouldn't say the same thing about Cesc. Because he's been a wonderful player for the club for the past 7 years. He has every right to be frustrated at the lack of trophies he has with Arsenal because he's played consistently well and has been let down by his team-mates. Nasri hasn't. Nasri played well for 4 months, and let his team-mates down when they were relying on him in the final stages of the season to keep their title-challenge alive.

Back