Wenger 'fights' to keep key duo

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 1K
What? How can you POSSIBLY compare Cesc to Nasri?

Their current situations are completely different - one's wants to leave because he isn't being given a 50K/week pay-rise for 4 good months in 3 years, and because he isn't happy that the team (including him) don't appear to have a 'winning mentality', the other wants to leave because he has the chance to go back to his boyhood club - who also happen to the be the best in the world. Can you not see the difference there?

And no, I wouldn't say the same thing about Cesc. Because he's been a wonderful player for the club for the past 7 years. He has every right to be frustrated at the lack of trophies he has with Arsenal because he's played consistently well and has been let down by his team-mates. Nasri hasn't. Nasri played well for 4 months, and let his team-mates down when they were relying on him in the final stages of the season to keep their title-challenge alive.

more or less agree with this post except that I am pretty sure Nasri is not solely motivated by money but yeah I agree with the rest of the post :)

Back