Wenger out, Dixon in - Arsenal's quest for a trophy...

Reaction score
After 10 seasons on my West ham save, Ive decided to start afresh. I, myself am a hammer, but my brother is a gooner, so decided on them. Her go's......

WENGER OUT, DIXON IN

In a surprise announcement from Ashburton Grove, Arsenal chairman told the press of the appointment of club legend Lee Dixon as the new man in charge at the Emirates. This follows the surprise sacking of fan's favourite Arsene Wenger this morning. Lee Dixon has had no managerial experience to date after handing up his boots in 2002 after the double winning season, but has stayed in football, becoming a pundit on MOTD. He has expressed his delight at being hired and hopes to spark a new era at the club. Can Dixon guide Arsenal to a trophy whilst keeping the free flowing football that the fans are accustomed too?

By Phil McNulty
BBC SPORT

Last edited:
Right, first things first, my coaching team.Ive sacked 5-6, and brought up my coaching from 3* to 4*. I'm not sure whether i should get rid of Pat Rice, and get steve round? I think ill stick with him till next year.

View attachment 220158

As for transfers, I'm going to try and sell Arshavin, Song, Djourou, Almunia, Mannone and Chamakh. I've got a £11 mill offer for ashavin, and a £17 mill offer for song so far, and along with my £52 mill transfer budget, gives me a nice pot to bring player in. I have 4 area i want to strengthen;

A) DC - dont fancy either mertsaker or koscielny. Trying shawcross, otamendi or cahill
B) DMC/MC - 2 from Rodwell, M'Vila, Badelj, Ayew, Hamsik, Kroos as i'm selling song.
C) AML - Rodrigues, no question, hopefully for £8mill but maybe griezmann or hazard??
D) FW - Not first team, but back up youth - Fierro and Erick Torres

Till next time...

Last edited:

View attachment 220320

View attachment 220321

NEW ARSENAL MANAGERS SUMMER OF SPENDING

Lee Dixon certainly has not held back in his first month of management. Having succeeded Arsene Wenger, who was often criticised for not bringing in new players, Dixon has spend over £55 million pounds on players since the beginning of his reign. He has seen midfielders Jack Rodwell (Everton) and Andre Ayew (Marseille) join for a combined fee of around £27 million and Columbian James Rodrigues for aroun £8million. Stokes commanding centre back Ryan Shawcross has also made the move to the Emirates, for a reported fee of 12.75 million pounds. Today's announcement of the signing of Mexican U19 Erick Torres, brings the number of transfers to a lofty 7, and with an average age of just 21 Dixon has his eye's firmly set on the future of the club. There has also been some movement out of the club with the departure of Andrey Arshavin to Manchester city for 10 million pounds, and Alex Song move to Spanish super spenders Malaga for £17 million. With more signings rumoured, it will be interesting to see whether these signing will upset the squad harmony at the Emirates or if they guide Arsenal to their first trophy since 2005.

By Phil McNulty

Cheif Sports writer - BBC sport ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there we have it; 7 signings, £59 million sp
ent 3 departure - £30 million received. Here is a run down of the transfers:

View attachment 220162 View attachment 220161

All areas covered, with some great youth prosects. James Rodriques was a great signing on my previous games, and to catch him for so little makes him a great signing. Torres becomes world class, as does Vrsaljklo. Some might say i overpayed for Rodwell and Shawcross, but I like having an English spine, and
both should become England regulars.I've got a good idea what my 1st team will be, but undesided over whether to start Gervinho or Walcott. I
leaning towards Walcott at the moment.

View attachment 220164

I left my pre season to Pat Rice
, and managed to win all convinsingly with an outstanding 6-0 victory over Tigres a highlight.I'm confident we can win at least 1 trophy, and launch a bid for the title. Blackburn away up first, which should not be too tricky.

Till next time...

Last edited:
Interesting signings! This looks really nice, and you've really re-shaped the team, although I wouldn't have sold Song.

You probably dont like me doing this but, do you mind checking my story out?

I'm new here :p

Love the look of the team mate
Rodwell, Ramsey and Wilshere will boss the midfield for years to come
Good luck

Nice start!

Good idea bringing in Shawcross, Mertesacker is pathetic in my save... fortunately got Vermaelen and Koscielny working well together in mine.

Good luck and bring home a trophy for the Arsenal supporters!

January Update

After a rocky start, things have gone well up till now especially the Champions league. I finished top of a group containing Lyon, Ajax and APOEL with 5 wins and an away loss to Lyon. The Highlight was a 3-0 home win over Ajax where we had over 70% possession!! Here is a run down of the results;

View attachment 220185

I’ve draw Marseille in the 1st​ round who should not be too tricky. On the domestic front, I’ve risen to 2nd​ in the league yet still remain inconsistent, with surprise losses to Norwich (2-1) at home and Wigan away(1-0). I have had some great results, including beating Man U, Spurs and Liverpool, 5-1 3-0 5-0 respectively all at home. The United result was fantastic, including 2 from Ramsey, and 1 from my new mystery signing - all will be revealed latter. Here is what the top 8 looks like;

View attachment 220187
Man city have got it raped up 12 points clear, with only 1 loss to myself at the Etihad. The battle for 2nd​ should come down to the wire, but I’m quietly confident. As for the cups, I lost to Chelsea in the quarters of league cup and to City in the 4th​ round, both on penalties(city was a replay). Now for transfer and player news…..

-------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 220316

View attachment 220200View attachment 220199

Can Car-vani replaces the Reliant Robin at the Emirates?

There has been a flurry of activity today, which saw Robin Van Persie leave the club for Real Madrid with Edinson Cavani and Gary Cahill making big money moves to the Emirates. This morning, Lee Dixon revealed the departure of the Arsenal captain to the current Copa Del Rey holders for a fee believed to be in excess of £38 million pounds. Van Persie thanked the Arsenal fans for their support over the 8 years, via twitter, but revealed a move to Madrid was “too good to turn down” and playing for Los Merengues was “a childhood dream”. Not a moment had passed till Dixon called the press back in to unveil two new signings, Cavani and Cahill for a combined fee of £39 million. Dixon said these new signings would spur the side on for a serious title challenge. It will be interesting to see how these new signings fit in at Ashburton Grove and whether Cavani can emulate Van Persie heroics for the club.

By Ian Hawkey

The Times chief sports writer

------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------

There you have it, Van Persie out, Cahill and Cavani in. I decided to sell Robin as his form had been poor over the season, with only 8 goals and an average rating of 6.93. At 28 his value was only going to deteriorate. Cavani is a top quality player and at £26 mill a bargain. His debut was not too bad either;

View attachment 220186

I may have over paid for Cahill at £12.75 mill, but my defence has been a bit shaky and after selling koscielny, cahill was an obvious choice. He will partner either Shawcross or Vermealen at the back. Here is an overview of my transfers. Rodriguez has been my best signing so far, with 4 goals, 18 assists and an average rating of 7.43 in 28 games.

View attachment 220188

Ayew has been quite disappointing but i'm sure his form will pick up. Vrsaljko has been a revelation keeping Sagna out of the first team. My top performers overall have been Ramsey, who plays very well in the big games, Rodriguez and Walcott, who is my top scorer with 11 goals.

View attachment 220189

Till next time………

NEXT UPDATE – End of May; did I win anything??

Last edited:
View attachment 220318

Premier League wrapped up for Arsenal in 6-0 demolition over Q.P.R

On a sunny afternoon at the Emirates, 2nd place Arsenal thumped relegated QPR scoring 6 unanswered goals. A brace from Edinson Cavani helped Arsenal on there way, which included a first Arsenal goal for talented right back Sime Vrsaljko. After the match, the Gunners manager reflected on his first season at Arsenal with Dan Walker;

Dan Walker: So Lee, a great performance to finish the season, how did your rate it?
Dixon: Well, It was a fantastic effort by the guys to cement second, and puts a spring in our step going into the off season
Dan Walker
: This is the end of your first year in management, has it been as expected when you took over?
Dixon: It's been much tougher than expected with a few sleepless nights and not too much time to play with the kids, but i look forward to the holidays and the challenges next season will present.
Dan Walker: Yet another trophy less season for Arsenal, but how did you rate your season on a hole?
Dixon: It was a huge dissapointment not to win something this season, but i thought we played very well in the league and will look to push on next seaso for that allusive trophy
Dan Walker: Have a nice summer Lee
Dixon
: Cheers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is an overview of the season since January; League 2nd to City who only clinched it after 37 games, where i lost 1-0 to Norwich, another shock defeat. I had two big games against City and Chelsea both at home, but could only draw them in games i should have one but you can't cry over spilt milk. Here's the table;

View attachment 220314

As for the champions league, beat Marseille 3-0 on aggregate and drew Napoli which should have been easy but could not score, loosing 2-0 away in the second leg, leading to a 2-0 aggregate defeat. So no trophy, but a lot of positives going into next season.

I had 4 main star performers i would like to pick out over the course of the season;

1) Cavani - wow, what a player need i say more. came 3rd in top goalscorer, despite only playing half the matches Dzeko, who won with 29 in 37.
View attachment 220313
2) Walcott - played well on the right winning Players' Player of the year for the league
View attachment 220311
3) Rodwell - Did very well as my DMC, covering my often shaky back 4.
View attachment 220310
4) Rodriguez - world class on the right, best signing of the year, and 2nd highest rating in league View attachment 220312

I've been given a budget of £39 mill, and with Park and Bendtner leaving, a big signing is likely, hopefully this guy.....................
View attachment 220315

I live in hope!!

Till next season...

Last edited:
Like Arsenal Stories and I like spenders! Keep it up mate, Cavani doing well for you!

Gotze signs for Arsenal

German wonderkid joins the Gunners for a reported £40 million pounds
Today Arsenal announced the signing of 20-year-old Marion Gotze from the Bundesliga runners-up Borrusia Dortmund, for a fee in the region of £40 million pounds. He expressed his delight at signing for such a well-supported side, and could not wait to join up with his new team mates. Gotze was in sensational form for Dortmund last year, contributing 4 goals and 5 assists along with winning the player of the year award in the Bundesliga. This signing is just one of the many so far this season, which included Manchester united’s swoop for Marek Hamsik and Christopher Sambas move to Liverpool.

By Phil McNulty
BBC sport chief sports writer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought this was quite a cheap deal considering the player. He is rated 4* which could rise to 5!! A quality player, who will start about Rodrigues, but I will rotate heavily. I also signed Rakitskyi from Shakhtar. A good young player who will act as back up for both centre back and left back after the departure of Santos. Im happy with my sales of Park, Bendtner and Djourou, as they were not needed at all. I signed 3 good young player all with at least a 4* rating. Here is an overview;

View attachment 220472

Im happy with my signings and hope for a trophy winning season.

Next update – January round up… Till next time…

Last edited:
excellent still trying to sign him should win the league now

View attachment 220872

Arsenal hammer West Brom to go top

View attachment 220900

On a sunny afternoon at the Emirates stadium, Arseanl cruised to a 4-1 victory over Premier league strugglers West Bromwich Albion. The Welsh captain Aaron Ramsey got the gunners of to a flyer scoring withinh 10 minutes of the the kickoff and the score stayed like this till 12 minutes after half time, where former Arsenal player Thomas Rosicky levelled for the Baggies. This score line did not last for long with Jack Rodwell popping up for his 3rd goal of the season. Mario Gotze settled the match with two late goals, one whistling in from over 25 yards. Gotze, who only joined Arsenal in the summer claimed the man of the match award, and has cetainly settled into life at the Emirates, contributing 5 goals and 9 assist in the 17 matches played since joining.

This victory puts Lee Dixons men at the top of the table, 1 point clear of rivals Spurs and 12 points clear of Chelsea in 4th.

By Alistair Magowan
BBC Sport

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top at the end of january which is great. Ive been playing really well recently, beating Spurs 6-1 at home, and only loosing once (to united) in the last 16 games. I've got 4 massive games as my last 4 - united , chelsea spurs and liverpool which i think will decide where the title goes. Here is the table;

View attachment 220898

The top three are close but well clear of Chelsea in 4th. My win over spurs has been the highlight, but ive also had good results against city, chelsea and liverpool, beatin the 2-0, 3-0 and 3-2 respectively.

View attachment 220901

The Champions league has also been very good, winning all my matches and not conceding a single goal!! I drew Athletic, which was good comsidering i could have drawn Barcelona, AC Milan or Bayern!!

View attachment 220899

I got knocked out of the league cup in the 4th round to spurs, but played a very weakened team. I drew Leicester in the FA cup 4th round after beating Millwall 4-0 at home.

My star performers so far have been Cavani, with 27 goals in 22 and Theo Walcott, whose been deadly on the right. The youngster Fierro and Torres have been great subs, and have both scored a hat-trick when starting.

But was Gotze worth it? Well, Yes. He has been sensational, and well worth the £40.5 million that i paid for him. Here are his stats;

View attachment 220897

To be honest it has been a great effort from the whole team to put us where we are at the moment, with Ramsey, Rodwell, Shawcross and Wilshere also playing well.

I'm very happy with how its going, and am confident there will be a trophy in the cabinet by the end of the season. I won the Community shield but thats doesn't really count!!

Next Update - End of the season - Have Dixon guided Arsenal to firts trophy in 8 years?

Till next time...

View attachment 221257

View attachment 221251

Arsenal thrash AC Milan in Champions League final to complete treble

Arsenal fans will be celebrating long into the night today as Lee Dixon's men make this a season to remember with a 3-1 win against AC Milan in the Champions league final which was the clubs first ever success in this competition. The win wrapped up a remarkable seaon for the gunners, who also won the Premier league and the FA cup. Dixon is being hailed as the mastermind behind the success who has already been backed strongly to succeed Capello after the 2014 world cup as the England manager.

After a cagey start, the deadlock was finally broken by Mario Gotze, who cracked one in from 25 yards on the 35 minute mark. 5 minutes later and Arsenal were 2 up, after Cavani slotted in a penalty which Walcott won after a rash challenge by Kevin Prince Boateng. 3 minutes after the break Arsenal had all but sealed it when that man againg Cavani popped up with a neat finish after a great ball by youngster Jack Rodwell. Ibrahomovic scored late in the game but proved little consolation. Arsenal captain, Ryan Shawcross' joy was for all to see as he lifted the trophy for the first time in Arsenal history. His arms must be aching by now after lifting the FA cup, the Premier League trophy and now European cup in the last 3 weeks.

It is expected that goalscorer Edinson Cavani will be named European player of the year tomorrow, after scoring 13 goals in 10 Champions league games.

What a season for Arsenal, which will stick in the mind for many years to come.

By Ian Hawkey

The Times chief sports writer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well there you have it, not just one trophy, but 3. What a season

Lets start with the League;

I finished 2 points clear of United but it really came down to the wire, but i held my nerve and beat Newcastle 4-0 to seal the title!!

View attachment 221255

Here was the crutial game that decided where the title was heading, against United and a 3-1 win was great. That man Cavani playing sensationally yet again!!

View attachment 221253

He won the player of the year and top goalscorer award, wtih 35 goals in 30 starts. Walcott won player's player for the second year on the row. Gotze came second to Cavani, and Rodriguez second to Walcott. Suprisingly we did'nt get anyone in the top 3 for young player of the year which went to Bale. Here is the team of the year, with Gotze, Cavani, Walcott, Szecheny and Shawcross in the starting 11.

View attachment 221254

Now the Champions league. We only lost 1 match to united but a 4-0 win at home meant we went through easily!! MAnaged to draw with Barcelona at the Camp Nou in the first leg of the semi, and beat then 1-0 at home. The final against Milan was surprisingly easy. We did not concede a single goal in the group games and only 6 overall. Here is a run down of the fixtures;

View attachment 221259

As for the FA cup a relatively hard route, playing Spurs and Liverpool on my way to the final, which was against.........yes you've guessed it, Wigan Athletic. Needless to say it was a very easy victory!!!

What a season, which included some great wins and some great performances. My top 4 best players were;

no.4 - Kieran Gibbs: one of my best defenders, his stats don't show how important he was. ever reliable and often assisted assists!!
View attachment 221263
no.3 - Ryan Shawcross: the captain really stepped up this year, scoring some priceless goals and was a rock at the back
View attachment 221264
no.2 - Mario Gotze: a great seaon by the new signing, started slowly but in the last 6 months was sensational. some important goals, and a bag of assists
View attachment 221265
no.1 - Edinson Cavani: who else. what a player. He broke both Arsenal and premier league record for most goals in a season, with 50 in total, 35 of them being in the league. i often rested him in the cup which makes the achievenment even more amazing. won p.l footballer of the year and european player of the year. ridiculously good!!!!!!

View attachment 221266

Mentions should also go to Ayew, Wilshere, Rodwell, Ramsy and Rodriguez who also played very well.

I'm not really sure where to improve, maybe goalkeeper. Ive got £60 mill to spend so activity is likely. Ill look to sell vermaelen and arteta, who did not feature to much this year.

Till next time...

it seems as though your having some great results and as an arsenal fan i like to play as them but fail to find results. would be great if i found a good tac . for them.

PS. great story keep it up

brilliant!!! do you play gotze left or right?

here's my starting formation with players:
it really is quite interchangeable, with Gotze, walcott and Rodriguez all switching. In the centre of the park ayew and wilshere also switch, with usually wilshere starting over ayew, but he was injured for this match.