Wenger tips Stojkovic for Arsenal

Reaction score
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has hinted he would like to see Nagoya Grampus Eight coach Dragan Stojkovic take over from him at the Emirates.
Wenger coached Stojkovic at Nagoya before coming to Arsenal and he appreciates Piksi’s coaching qualities as well.
“I’d love Piksi to be my successor,” he told Vecernje Novosti.
“There are a hundred reasons for that. His football philosophy is almost identical to mine. Our ideas are the same and we both strive for perfect football.
“I knew he was going to have his teams playing attacking football with many passes. He has done that, showing he will be a great coach.
“I told him that if he could transmit his football imagination to his players he would fly high.”
“Dragan comes to London at least once a year. We meet up, chat and try to outsmart each other.
“It’s a great achievement for him to have won a championship. I was a coach in Japan for two years and didn’t manage it even though I had Piksi, who was the best player in the league, in my team.”

Source: http://www.soccernews.com/wenger-tips-stojkovic-for-arsenal/69866/

****. If he is starting to point at a successor that would mean that he is thinking about leaving soon, isn't it?

Anyone thought he was talking about signing Vladimir Stojkovic the goalkeeper?

Who?

Well we found Wenger from Nagoya Stolz (after other periods at Monaco and Nancy) so hopefully this guy's good - Wenger knows what he's talking about, even if I don't (Having never watched Japanese football)

@5ick - he has a contract until 2014 - Arsenal will be his last club and I expect he'll retire when his contract runs out..

Im sure wenger knows what hes talking about, but i dont see why arsenal wont just go out and get a world class manager in when wenger leaves

Hopefully he won't retire after this contract, 3 years is not too far away given the ability of the man.

Hopefully he won't retire after this contract, 3 years is not too far away given the ability of the man.

Only 3 more trophyless seasons left then guys ;)

Im sure wenger knows what hes talking about, but i dont see why arsenal wont just go out and get a world class manager in when wenger leaves

It's not that easy? We're not exactly going to go and ask Mourinho to come in, I wouldn't want that tbh..

Maybe this guy, like Wenger, will be World Class.

Won't even pretend I know about this guy, but Wenger has far more knowledge than me in these matters so I certainly trust his judgement. With the player's we'll have by the time he retires we'll need a manager who likes to get his team playing the same way as Wenger does, otherwise we'll be ******.