Wenger 'to sign new Arsenal deal'

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 1K
What does he have to do with englands future, out of interest?
he seems to be the only one really trying to turn out technically gifted youngster that we generally lack. gibbs, wilshire, frimpong if we're lucky, lansbury further down the line

he seems to be the only one really trying to turn out technically gifted youngster that we generally lack. gibbs, wilshire, frimpong if we're lucky, lansbury further down the line

He's been talking sense recently - especially about the new squad rules. "England didn't win anything for 30 years when there were hardly any foreign players in the league - has anything really changed now?" :D

Wonder if his project will ever reach completion? They're a long way off paying for the stadium yet, and if they're not careful someone's going to launch a bid and just milk off that extra money without it going anywhere near the team.

Just wish their fans weren't becoming such complete and utter tarts. Hornby has a lot to answer for.

nope i agree with you mate, arsenal had there time when they had the great squad of 2003. arsene is great for the club i.e financial and bringing through the youth but i believe they have forgotten what its like to win silverwere and thats hard to get back.
I agree a little bit, a new manager can use the youth to try and get some success. The current team is good enough to win the league with, anyway.

Becoming increasingly frustrated with his 'sights for the future' rather than the present, but I will always love him as Arsenal's manager. Needs to deliver quickly though - the thought of going another season without silverware is agonising.
Just be patient, your time will come....someday <)

The only current Premiership manager to actually make an overall profit on his transfers, whilst challenging for the league for nearly every consecutive season since taking up the manager's role at Arsenal.

What a guy.
What about Fergie? He doesn't spend that much and he sells virtually every season.

If he could start winning silverware he could challenge Fergy's status of winning almost everything.

He spent ages rebuilding the team and now it's fantastic and they could have won the league last year or challenged it better but the injuries come in and screw every club up.

Back