Applecrumbs

Reaction score
ARSENE WENGER RESIGNS AFTER LOSS OF EMIRATES CUP

View attachment 342860
"Arsenal F.C. have announced the departure of long-serving manager Arsene Wenger after a long strings of success with the club since 1996 but have chose to retire after minor setback of Arsenal's defeat to Valencia and losing the preseason cup to them. Arsenal's owner, Stan Kroenke have also announce the holding of the press conference in the next afternoon to announce the next manager to succeed Wenger's team."
-The Bleacher Report

View attachment 342872

After news of retirement,speculations have linked David Moyes with Arsenal after poor season with Manchested United and termination of contract. Arsenal fans have also shown unhappiness with the speculations and is uncertain with Moyes's ability to achieve big with Arsenal's current brilliant squad.

Last edited:
Gunners on Wenger.

Arsenal
View attachment 342871

Arsenal players have each gave a statement on Wenger's departure and how he is going to be missed by the team and the managerial staffs.

A few statement have being posted here:

AlexisSanchez_3171169.jpg

"It is truly sad to have to see Wenger having to depart after only a few preseason game. I was expecting many good times with him after just joining the Gunners this transfer season."
-Gunner's new signing, Alexis Sanchez

View attachment 342869
"Arsene was a good boss and was a fine manager to work with, he have appointed me as the captain for Arsenal and I'm sure i wouldn't let him down even after his departure."
- Per Mertesacker, Gunner's captain

patrice.jpg

"Wenger's departure must have definitely shocked the world and fans must have felt tears running through their cheeks after losing the longest and most successful serving manager. It was great working with him in the past and definitely is a sad day for his departure of the club"
- Pat Rice, former Arsenal player and Assistant Coach

Top Signings of Wenger

A report on the best player Wenger's have developed
1) Thierry Henry

thierry-henry-007.jpg

Stats:

Position: Striker
Appearances: 377
Goals 228
Goals per game: 0.61

"Arsenal will be in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys [the fans]. I said I was going to be a Gunner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gunner you will always be a Gunner. The Club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever." - Thierry Henry

The Frenchman had everything: exquisite technique, searing pace, surprising strength, awareness of others and a lethal touch in front of goal. In his prime, he was unstoppable.And like the typical superstar, of which there are many in our all-time XI, he did pretty much everything for his team. Henry was the captain, the talisman, the dead-ball expert, the penalty-taker and the assist-maker.Arsène Wenger transformed Thierry from erratic winger into striker extraordinaire. Within a year of his move from Juventus and his change of position, he was considered a leading European striker. Before long he was regarded as the world’s finest.
During his time at Arsenal, Thierry became the Club's all-time top scorer with 226 goals from 370 appearances. Thumping drives, delicate chips, jinking runs, audacious backheels, even the odd header - Thierry had a multitude of ways to find the net.
He was also an integral part of the 2003/04 ‘Invincibles’, won the Premier League twice, the FA Cup twice, the Premier League 'Golden Boot' four times, was voted the PFA Player of the Year twice and the FWA Player of the Year on three occasions.
He could always be relied on for moments of individual brilliance but Thierry was on the same wavelength as his team-mates too. He and Robert Pires were verging on telepathic while his understanding with Dennis Bergkamp could cut even the meanest of defences to ribbons.
Put simply, Henry was a manager’s dream.

Arsenal ready to unveils new manager

Skybet odds for Next Arsenal Manager:

View attachment 342862

Press conference is nearing and Skybets have release the odds for the next Arsenal Manager.
Jurgen Klopp is expected to take over the Gunners while Roberto Martinez and Steve Bould nearing the odds.
Arsenal legend Dennis Bergkamp may also be a candidate for the managerial spot.

Press Conference

"Can all reporters please take a seat?"

After the wait of the press conference to unveil Arsenal's new manager, it is finally here and Stan Kroenke looks certain about the managerial decision. Wenger is also suprisingly present at the press conference. Could Wenger have withdraw his resignation and announced to be back to his spot?

View attachment 342861
"Can all the reporters get a seat? The press conference is about to start."
"Welcome ladies and Gentlemen here. I'm thankful for appearing at this press conference.
I'm sure everyone here is curious who is going to take over Wenger and who is going to manage the club. I am going to let Wenger himself announce the replacement, " Sir Chips Keswick said.

Wenger : "I do know many of you are sad after my departure but i assure you that Arsenal will definitely hire the best candidate. Arsenal have got a long history since the post-war era and it looks like the club is going to break the record once again, before we get any further, I am please to announce the new manager to take over me is ...................
Kenji Lam"

The whole conference got shocked. One reporter raise his hand and asked a question. " Who is this Kenji Lam and how have you guys came to this decision? He is definitely unknown to many of us and have definitely shock us as this is way different from expected."

Wenger replied: " I am sure and have expected the press and fans to be surprised but Kenji Lam isn't unknown to the board and players of Arsenal. Kenji Lam is from Singapore and he is my protege and I am sure he is going to do a good job. I assure the fans that Arsenal is in good hands and i have pass down everything I have ever known about football to him. Even after my resignation, i will still advise Kenji Lam if the club is to meet with any trouble. You might be wondering how did i get to know him? I found him through Twitter, when he tweeted to the Arsenal page and criticize my style of play, he also gave comments and recommendation of the tactics and formation and i found the potential in him to manage a club and bring them to more than glory"

"If there is any question, the press can raise their questions now."
Ivan Gazidis announced.

Jason Wright, reporter from BBC Radio Live 5: " Do you feel the expectations asked of you this season have being fair and realistic?"

Kenji Lam: "If the club is ready to progress towards the higher reaches of the game, everybody has to be ambitious and aim high. That's what we are doing at the moment. "

Jason Wright: : " You arrive at the club as Arsene departs. Do you feel any pressure of expectation in replacing the club's most successful head coach? "

Kenji Lam: " I am confident and ready to work and sometimes pressure is a good thing to work with. "

Marc Morrison, reporter from Sporting Life: Horse Racing News and Betting Tips | English Premier League News, Tips and Live Football Scores : " New head coaches often bring about times of upheaval and some at club might fear for their jobs. Will there be any changes?"

Kenji Lam: " I am very impress with the structure in place here and wont be making any drastic change."

Pat Carter, reporter from The Guardian: " You stand here today unveiled as the new Arsenal head coach. As a big fan of the club, surely this must be a dream come true? "

Kenji Lam: " I have dreamed of this moment for years."

Russell Philips,a Skysports reporter :" Is the any particular area in the team you will strengthen on in the near future ? "

Kenji Lam: " The team is fine but I do have a shortlist of players I would bring in."

Jamie Everson, TEAMtalk.com reporter: " Rumors have link CSKA Moscow goalkeeper Igor Akinfeev with Arsenal. What do you have to say about this? "

Kenji Lam: " Im afraid wont be discussing any transfer stories today. "

View attachment 342751

Last edited:
Transfer Targets.

Next UK Starlet being chased

Arsenal confirmed to be in talks with OFK Beograd for Serbian Wonderkid, Marko Pavlovski.
Standing at 175 cm, Pavlovski have had a prolific season last year, scoring 3 goal in 13 matches. He have also represented Serbia U19 team and scored 6 goals in 19 games. Arsenal have seen this lad to be a potential replacement for ageing attacking midfield veteran Thomas Rosicky who is already in his thirties. Dortmund, PSG and FC Bayern are also rumored to be chasing the Serbian future talent but OFK have said that there haven't being any bids except from Arsenal.

1978277_w2.jpg

Marko Pavlovski

Position: Center Attacking Midfield
Nationality:
Current Value: $525 000

ARSENAL NOT EXPECTED TO WIN

Skybet.com have released their odds for the winners of the upcoming BPL season.
Odds are on the Manchester City side and Skybet is expecting Manchester City to win this year, while Arsenal's odd is pretty high as new manager have no experience in managing a club. Rivals Tottenham is also expected to finish higher than North London side.

View attachment 342702

ARSENAL DEFEAT TO SPFL TEAM

Pundits uncertain with Kenji's ability

First friendly match of the preseason and Arsenal have already done badly under the management of new manager.

View attachment 342636Piers Morgan,a British Pundit was not afraid to show his unhappiness towards new manager Kenji Lam. Here is the tweet from him:

View attachment 342634

(Sorry for poor Twitter edit)​

Last edited:
The Squad

< I will start to write in my own perception as the manager>
THE SQUAD

View attachment 342333With new signings Sanchez and Debuchy. Our right side have being improved by alot.
But the team is lacking of defenders right now and I have shortlisted a few players to add to the squad. The left back seems like the weakest spot in the squad and looks like some changes is needed before the new season starts.

Key Players:

View attachment 342332

Alexis Sanchez, signed at a hefty fee of 30million. Sanchez have a combination of dribbling and pace and is ready to dominate the BPL with a brilliant season with Barcelona scoring 8 goals in 20 games.