Went beserk after create lot of tactics without any success then play the game..

fm2008manu

Reaction score
Few enquiry:

For team instruction which one prefer? Drill cross or float cross, for my understanding float cross forcus in air and slow pace which mean opponent got time to cover. Drill cross is powerful cross which i find quite useful..which one recommend?

Striker role either complete forward or target man? Which one prefer?

Striker move into channel? I do not understand well after reading the note provide in game. It is useful to on this or unclick? What is the purpose?

Under team instruction discriple or express, which one prefer? Discriple more on robotic or follow the tactic. It is prefer?

For Striker and Midfield which one prefer? Dribble less or more or unclick

Strikers and Midfield need to tight marking under player instruction?

Few enquiry:

For team instruction which one prefer? Drill cross or float cross, for my understanding float cross forcus in air and slow pace which mean opponent got time to cover. Drill cross is powerful cross which i find quite useful..which one recommend?

Striker role either complete forward or target man? Which one prefer?

Striker move into channel? I do not understand well after reading the note provide in game. It is useful to on this or unclick? What is the purpose?

Under team instruction discriple or express, which one prefer? Discriple more on robotic or follow the tactic. It is prefer?

For Striker and Midfield which one prefer? Dribble less or more or unclick

Strikers and Midfield need to tight marking under player instruction?

Your questions arent really about preference, but about what players you have available.

1: Float cross does indeed mean air balls, and it does give the defenders more time to cover, it allso gives a striker more time to get into position, so if you have a really tall striker with good heading, then i would recommend float crosses, if you dont have a tall striker, or if he is not better in the air than the opposition defenders, you might want to drill the crosses. A striker with high anticipation will score more with drilled crosses.

2: A target man is a more limited role, for a striker to play as a complete forward, he really does need good overall stats, if you have a player who is tall with good heading or a really good first touch, but lacks the creativity and the dribling, then he should be a target man instead of a complete forward.

3: I might be wrong on this point, but a striker who moves into channel will try to find room between the opposition defenders, if hes a lone striker with little offensive support, theres not gonne be much room to move into, and you wont have many goalscoring chances. A striker who moves into channels should either have a support strike partner or a support AMC, who can hold up the ball, drag defenders out of position, and then make good passes to the striker who moves into the open space.

4: If you have a creative team with good decisionmaking, you can let them express themselves more, but if you dont, i recommend not doing it, theres no point in giving poor players more room to mess up.

5: this one is easy, if you have good driblers, you drible more, if you dont..... then dont. A good combination is having a good dribler who can carry the ball and pull defenders off their line, making room for other offensive players.

6: Depends on what you want them to do really, a striker with tight marking is usually a bad idea, it can be good if you are the superior side and you want to get the ball back as fast as possible, if you are constantly pushing the opponent on their half. Like barcelona often do. However, tight marking with strikers does not help if you are playing counter attacking/fast paced football, because when you win the ball back, your strikers/offensive midfielders will be man marking opponents, which means they will be close to a opposing player. This means that you are gonna have to build up play slowly. And bare in mind that players with bad marking/pace will get left in the dust by faster players

Thank you for your reply. Appeciate it.

Just abit confuse
For my understanding
Drill cross is striker finish using leg?
Float cross is striker finish only air?

I prefer simple tap in to goal or by leg then head. Which one recommend?
Normally what prefer drill or float?

Thank you for your reply. Appeciate it.

Just abit confuse
For my understanding
Drill cross is striker finish using leg?
Float cross is striker finish only air?

I prefer simple tap in to goal or by leg then head. Which one recommend?
Normally what prefer drill or float?

Drill crosses: Hard balls, powered into the box, usually at a lower height than floated balls. They arrive quickly and your striker needs decent anticipation to anticipate where the ball will end up, this combo can leave to quick tap ins before the defenders even realize what happen. It will most often rely on attackers finishing/anticipation, but there is no guarantee that it wont be a ball in heading height.
If you tried doing this in real-life, crossing a ball hard into the box, the ball will have a different height each time, same way here. But most often, it will be low.

Float crosses are most often high balls, arrive slower, and it will rely on the attackers duel strength, heading and jumping. For a player like ibrahimovic/fellaini for example, you want to float crosses towards him. But you dont wanna float crosses into Messi, you want to drill them in, messi wont win many headers but he is clever and quick.

1. None, i leave it up to the player.

2. None, i think advanced forward is the best all round.

3. Yes if using a AM behind the striker, it will create space and confuse their defenders.

4. If in doubt don't choose either. I play counter which reduces creative freedom anyway so i tick more expressive, if i was playing attacking id untick it.

5. Untick, again leave the decision the players.

6. I don't give any attacking or creative player a tight marking instruction, id rather they concentrate on hurting the opposition.

Football is a very simple game complicated by idiots, simplify and don't over think things. If in doubt leave it alone and let the players decide.