Werder Bremen - 9.3.0

Gantas

Reaction score
Hey I'm still very new to football manager 2009. I've just started a game with Werder Bremen, stated will be going for a Title Challenge in first season, adn the board have given me a transfer budget of 2.7 Million, and a wage budget of 939K (625K already used). Just wondering if anyone has any advice on what players I should be looking to attract, and how I should generally approach the season tactics wise etc. I'd like to sign some solid youngsters who will develop into Champions Leauge level players without being the best players in the world. Any advice? Or even a link to a team guide for them on 9.3.0, I can't seem to find one, thanks loads in advance :D

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

No then? LOL

Werder Bremen is a pretty strong squad in the beginning of the game. Yet, you could try to bring in the following german players (for flavour, of course):

Lars Bender
Robert Huth
Mike Hanke (can become a very good striker - made 30 goals in 35 apps in my Lowen game)
Axel Belinghausen

Also, find a way to make Diego play to his full potential.

Get Saviola on loan if u can.
Santon for RB.
Skjlbred CM.
And sell some of the players that u don't need.

Not sure how the squad looks at the start of the game but try assesing your strengths and weaknesses. Bring in some good players on frees then sell them later for a better budget next season.