Werder Bremen making a statement

donovanonfire

Reaction score
Say what you will as far as the early disallowed goal, and the 90 minute goal, the first game against Sampdoria was a statement to the rest of the Champions League that Bremen are for real. This was a near perfect game by the team in green. I'm already sensing a Bundesliga championship, The team looks better and more confident without Ozil in my opinion.

Say what you will as far as the early disallowed goal, and the 90 minute goal, the first game against Sampdoria was a statement to the rest of the Champions League that Bremen are for real. This was a near perfect game by the team in green. I'm already sensing a Bundesliga championship, The team looks better and more confident without Ozil in my opinion.

Good win, not so sure about the more confident statement seems like you are trying to ease the pain. They should do well without him nevertheless.

Whilst it was a good performance it could have been so different, the penalty they had, wouldnt have been given 9 times out of 10 in the Premier League, they were lucky that the shot that hit the post rebounded to the keeper and not Cassano. However it was a good performance, the first goal by Fritz was stunning and the movement for the 3rd goal was world class.

Let's not forget it was 0-0 after 45 mins. and Bremen had as many, if not more chances to score. Sampdora could have easily conceited 5 goals in this game. Bremen most definitely pressed the play for most of the game. I really think the overall performance was pretty impressive considering, and that luck didn't have a whole lot to do with it, the penalty was deserved imo,