andythetigers

Reaction score
Werder_Fanblock_g.jpg

Werder bremen chairman Klaus Alofs has confirmed Thomas Schaaf has left the club, a new manager has been confirmed, English manager Sam Wilson will take charge as of 7th July.

Sam Wilson will take his first press conference today.
Q: You sit here as the new manager of Werder Bremen. Is this your dream job?
A: I am pleased to have the chance to work here, this is a great club with a great future and i cant wait to get to work.
Q: You have taken the job as Werder Bremen manager without being able to speak German. Surely this will have a negative effect while you get to grips with the language?
A: I think it'll be hard for a while, yes, but it shouldnt take me too long, as i have been learning German.
Q: What is your overall approach to the tactical side of the game?
A: I like to mix and match, obviously you want to play attractive, attacking and successful football, but i don't care just aslong as we get the win.
Q: Would you agree with the assessment that you already have an idea of which players you like and those that you aren't so happy with?
A: I have a good idea of who is in my plans and who isn't.
Q: In that case, are we likely to see you delve into the transfer market soon?
A: I am in talks with two argentinians.
mesutozil_132160.jpg

Q: You have taken charge of Werder Bremen at a time it is expected that Mesut Ozil may well be leaving the club. What are the chances of keeping him around?
A: I definitely want to keep Mesut here, he is one of the best young talents in the world, so why would i want to lose him?
Q: You have been linked with Hoffenheim midfielder Tobias Wies, is this true?
A: No
Thank you for attending this press conference, that is all.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

joe-cole1.jpg

Joe Cole becomes Sam Wilsons first Summer signing.
Joe Cole joins on a free transfer after his release from Chelsea, he signs a £72,000 per week.

965622.jpg

Joe Cole is followed by Nicolas Otamendi, after Werder Bremen spend £4.4M on the young Argentinian. Otamendi signs a 4 year deal on £4,500 per week.

riquelme_ano_pasado_vistiendo_elastica_boca.jpg

Juan Roman Riquelme is the 3rd signing new manager Sam Wilson has made, Riquelme joins on a free after his contract at Boca expired, he signs a 2 year deal on £72,000 per week. Riquelme was wanted by Chelsea but turns down the Premier league for the Bundesliga

Weder Bremen confirm they have released Sandro Stallbaum.
They have also confirmed Philip Bargfrede has joined Gladbach for £350K and Addy Menga has also been released.

Morten-Gamst-Pedersen-Blackburn-Rovers-Portsm_2286954.jpg

Morten Gamst Pedersen will sign for Werder Bremen on a free transfer on the 1st of september 2009.

More players out of Werder Bremen a Jose-Alex Ikeng joins Koln for £650K and Kevin Artmann joins Istanbul Buyuksehir for £1M.

Good luck mate, Good signing in Otamendi

I'll follow:D

Thanks guys :) i went for something different, which is why i am Werder Bremen. Having fun so far untill the hard games start :p

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Werder Bremen win their 1st round German Cup game 2-0 vs Lubeck after goals from Claudio Pizarro (44) and Hugo Almeida (76).
More transfer news at Werder Bremen as no team would bid for Said Husejinovic, he has been released.

I will updat every 5 games showing my results :)

Werder Bremen 3-2 Gladbach, First Division
Mesut Ozil(1)
Thorben Marx(43)
Juan Roman Riquelme(77)
Hugo Almeida(79)
Karim Matmour(89)

Nurnberg 1-4 Werder Bremen, First Division
Christian Eigler(33)
Claudio Pizarro(45+2,55,59,89)

FC Twente 2-2 Werder Bremen, CL Best Placed Playoff Leg 1
Tim Borowski(12)
Theo Janssen(28)
Hugo Almeida(59)
Torsten Frings Sent Off(82)

Romano Denneboom(86)

Werder Bremen 0-1 HSV, First Division
Roberto Hibert(24)

Werder Bremen 2-1 FC Twente CL Best Placed Playoff Leg 2
Tim Borowski(15)
Mesut Ozil(39)
Peter Wisgerhof(90+1)

My CL Group: Werder Bremen
Roma
OM
FC RB Salzburg

very nice signings there mate i am playing with werder breman aswell but on the 9.03 so j.cole is not up for grabs liedson was my main signing hes doing well 7 in 8 games so u mite wanna take a look

What patch are you using ? and Good luck :)

What patch are you using ? and Good luck :)

its a custom database that someone made on this website, and thanks man :)

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

very nice signings there mate i am playing with werder breman aswell but on the 9.03 so j.cole is not up for grabs liedson was my main signing hes doing well 7 in 8 games so u mite wanna take a look

i would take a look but attacking wise i am sorted, almeida, pizzaro and hunt
and i have no money now

good story, great team ozil + marin with a big guy like Almeida that could be great.

Pd. That`s not Otamendi in the picture, he is Maxi Moralez from the same team but Moralez is AMC and is very little about 1.65cm. a little diference =P. If you see his right leg you can see a 0, thats becouse he plays with the number 10.

Good Luck!

Leverkusen 1-2 Werder Bremen, First Division
Hugo Almeida(7)
Claudio Pizarro(39)
Stefan Kiebling(54)

OM 1-1 Werder Bremen, CL Group C
Claudio Pizarro(54)
Charles Kabore(70)

Wolfsburg 1-1 Werder Bremen, First Division
Hugo Almeida(38)
Obafemi Martins(44)
Tim Borowski sent off(83)

Werder Bremen 1-0 Wolfsburg, German Cup 2nd
Claudio Pizarro (45+1)

Frankfurt 1-0 Werder Bremen, First Division
Alexander Meier(51)

Werder Bremen 2-0 FC RB Salzburg, CL Group C
Hugo Almeida(8)
Nicolas Otamendi(57)

Werder Bremen 2-0 FC Bayern, First Division
Hugo Almeida(4, 90+3)
PC%2B-%2BHugo%2BAlmeida.jpg

Werder Bremen 3-1 Schalke, First Division
Aaron Hunt(10, 19, 41)
Ivan Rakitic(51)

Kaiserslautern 0-1 Werder Bremen, First Division
Petri Pasanen(24)
Moussa Outtara sent off(88)

Roma 0-1 Werder Bremen, CL Group C
Claudio Pizarro(47)

Werder Bremen 2-0 Mainz, First Division
Claudio Pizarro(9)
Mesut Ozil(85)

Bochum 2-3 Werder Bremen, German Cup 3rd Round
Hugo Almeida(4)
Claudio Pizarro(14, 36)
Lewis Holtby(53)
Vahid Hashemian(72)

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

good story, great team ozil + marin with a big guy like Almeida that could be great.

Pd. That`s not Otamendi in the picture, he is Maxi Moralez from the same team but Moralez is AMC and is very little about 1.65cm. a little diference =P. If you see his right leg you can see a 0, thats becouse he plays with the number 10.

Good Luck!

ahhhright haha well i feel stupid now :p and thanks so far so good, top of the league :D

Good story mate some good signings and a good win run going at the end there keep it up.