200px-Afan_Lido_FC.svg.png

Founded: 1967
Based: Aberavon
Honours: Welsh Cup Winners (3):
1992/93, 1993/94, 2011/12
Stadium: Marston Stadium
capacity: 4200 (525 seated)

082513140314.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

welsh-premier-league-logo-2011.gif

Afan Lido are expected to come 12th (last place), however i expect us to finish mid table.

I set my past experience as Sunday league footballer and set season expectations at mid table.

My team is very bad as you can imagine however one or two players are very good for the welsh league.

Kristian Rodgers

View attachment 466140

My best player by a mile and is age means he is about to hit his best form.

Keiran Howard

View attachment 466139

​He hasn't got the best stats and that's plain to see however at the age of 21 he can improve massively and his still amazing at this level of football at the moment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Targets

I think i have set my self a reasonable target in coming mid table although anything better would be amazing. After the first season i really hope i can improve my team a little bring in some new players and really have a bash at winning the league but that is still along way away.

My next update will be Transfers and preseason.

I willbe a keen follower of this story mate as I have just won my fourth league title out of 4 although I had a much better starting team in Bangor City. THe key is to qualify for Europe and just bank all the money you can without apending any of it. I made themistake of upgtrading youth and training facilities early so I had to wait three full seasons to turn Pro. Now that I'm pro we are by far te strongest team in the league.

THe money in the welsh league is very poor so you want to get into Europe ASAP and build up to approx 1 mil. Might take 2 seasons of European money and then hopefully turn pro. Otherwise you have next to no chance of progressing in Europe. I have drawn Dinamo every year and I haven't come close to winningover two legs. I hope for that to change next season now that I am far stronger than before.

That being said play your youth the league is extremly weak and giving a promising youth game time is the best way to improve your team. I have a 16 and 17 year old centre midfield who are the 2 best playersin the league.

Good luck sorry if I've bored you lol

Nah you didn't bore me at all! yeah thanks for the advice its much appreciated. I'm in the process of making the next update so i hope yo enjoy :)

images

'Afan Lido sign 39 year old striker Carl Thomas on a 1 year deal'

View attachment 465709

I know some people might say 'Why the **** did you sign a 39 year old!!' well i can justify my signing. I thought i would sign him as he his amazing for the welsh league even if it is only for one season but i thought he could grab loads of goals for us this season.

My second signing came in the form of a 46 year old (i know you guys must think im crazy!) LM called Andy Legg. He has a lot of experience in the English league and with one day until the start of the season and not having a LM i was pretty desperate.

View attachment 465695

Pre-Season

Afan Lido vs Mangotsfield

View attachment 465706

It was a bit of a disaster i have to say, left it up to my assistant and he didn't do me proud but it is a friendly and i didn't have any of my new signings at this point.

Afan Lido vs Western Super Mare

View attachment 465701

Good win with that last minute goal from Chris Hartland and it makes it even better as i only had 1 shot on target

Afan Lido vs Pontardawe

View attachment 465698

Not much to say about this game really, just very disappointing in my eyes.

Afan Lido vs Aston Villa Reserves

View attachment 465696

Great result and good to see Carl getting on the score sheet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M
y next update will be on our games in August.

46!!!!! Didnt think that was possible! Good luck mate so much fun doing a save like this

August

We only had 2 games in August and these 2 games where reasonable considering our opposition and their media predictions. We need to improve massively however if we hope to stand a chance of coming mid table or even more.

Afan Lido vs Aberystwyth
1-1

View attachment 465690

Looking back now its an OK result considering they are meant to come 4th and we are meant to come last. I really thought however we should have got 3 points out of the game. Also its good to see our new signing getting on the score sheet and i think looking at him in a match there is plenty more to come.

Afan Lido vs Bangor City
2-3

View attachment 465689

Carl Thomas banging 2 goals in but let down by his defense, ok result considering Bangor are meant to come 2nd but i cant keep saying that for every game we play.

A tough month as left us near the bottom of the table but i'm not to concerned considering its only 2 games in.

View attachment 465688

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​My next update will be on September.

46!!!!! Didnt think that was possible! Good luck mate so much fun doing a save like this
neither did i until i found him but he is also my reserve manager so once i finish the season i will probably just make him a full time staff member.