We're On Our Way ,
We're On Our Way ,
to Baku We're On Our Way ,
How Do We Get There ,
I Don't know ,
How Do We Get There ,
I Don't Care ,
All I Know is We Are On Our Way!!

Glasgow Rangers , the team i have grown up watching and admiring have fallen on hard times , years of mindless spending chasing european and Domestic glory was coming back to haunt Rangers , the tax man chasing money he was owed , court cases about tax free payment schemes and general miskeeping of finances were eventually to much to handle for the board and they officailly placed the club into administration. Rangers fans went through a period not knowing what was going to happen to our club , we had grow up supporting this team like our dads did and there dads did and the dark time some could not be forgiven for thinking was it the end or was this going to a black spot in the history of OUR club.

In the summer of 2012 the SPFL clubs voted and offered Rangers a place in the 3rd Division , due to taking so long the manager at the time club legend Ally McCoist took his first training session with as little 13 players showing up , with heart in hand he scraped together a team of players spanning the globe in nationality players from Brazil , France , Italy , Scotland and England and together they helped Rangers as expected to win the 3rd Division at ease

In the Summer of 2013 Rangers were preparing for a run for the 2nd Division of Scottish football , another turbulent year of financial news and players leaving for no money and players signing new contracts and being sold for money , Once agian and as expected Rangers won the league at a kanter and earned promotion to the Championship.

In the summer of 2014 Rangers again were preparing to have a run at the championship that consisted of former Premier League big boys Hearts and Hibernian after a few hard seasons and it was at this stage that rangers were given there hardest test under Ally McCoist to date when throughout the season there form was up and down and with McCoist not being back finanacially due to the constant power struggle in the board room and losing on the pitch led to McCoist being placed on gardening leave and the board bring in former player Stuart McCall to see out the season , when McCall took over Rangers had a upturn in form , they finished second behind a confident and young hearts side and entered a best placed playoff with hibernian of which Rangers Dispatched of and then went into a 2 legged game agianst Motherwell in which Motherwell won coinciding Rangers to another year in the championship.

In the Summer of 2015 Rangers appointed former Brentford Manager Mark Warburton and then he set about moulding the team into his own bringing in players like James Tavernier , Martyn Waghorn and setting about a better philosophy and style of football. This season Rangers powered to the league and played some fantastic football with such a high scoring and the team was playing some amazing stuff . They won the league and made it back to the Premier League.

In the summer of 2016 Mark Warburton was tasked with challenging Celtic and stopping them winning the league and in making Rangers a force , in Febuary 2017 Warburton , Weir and Frank Mcparland resigned from there positions with the club and went to manage down south at Nottingham Forest and Rangers Entrusted the Reins in Academy manager Graeme Murty he guided Rangers to a first place Finish , a dissapointing first season back in the top division.

In the summer of 2017 Murty was replaced by Pedro Caixinha , Caixinha was given backing by the club to bring in some player including Alfredo Morelos and Daniel Candeias and he also brought in Carlos Pena who was later shipped out on loan , agian Rangers didnt have the besst of seasons and by the end of November Pedro Caixinha was relived of his duties and replaced by Graeme Murty and he agian guided Rangers to 3rd and then left the club due to the pressure of the job.

So here we are at the present time Rangers are Searching for a new manager and have found a young ambitious Manager currently manager of the Scotland squad , everyone though everyone thought they would go for a more experienced manager but NO they have chosen Lifelong Fan Darren Tweedie to take the job.

this is where i take my leave sat in work Typing this out (first time posting) hope the picture posts up as well , waiting on my new laptop and game arriving and then will get this started let me know what you think and give me feedback!

View attachment 28325

Glasgow Rangers
A Year in Review

So guys I am sorry for the lack of updates on this but I literally forgot all about this and continued to play and just got immersed in the game. So what I am going to do is give you a year in review for you of first season in charge of Rangers and then going forward i will be doing a month by month update.

Expectations

View attachment 28323 View attachment 28322 View attachment 28321 View attachment 28320

Lets Start of with my expectations for the season, My tasks for the season were to :

1. Qualify for the Euro Cup
2. Make it to the Final of both Domestic Cups

These were my primary objectives but on a personal level and my long term play was that i wanted to challenge Celtic and to stop there domestic dominance

In terms of meeting our expectations from the board we done really well , Firstly we made it to the group of the Euro Cup and done it by dispacting of noteable teams like Atalanta and Feyenoord , we were drawn into a group which consisted of Bayern Leverkuson , Burnley and Legia Warszawa in which we came third and were eliminated , Secondly we made it to the Final of the Betfred Cup Final in which we lost to Aberdeen 2-1 , But we won the Scottish Cup against again Aberdeen but this time we came out on top winning 1-0 with a extra time goal. In terms of the league we came second and met out expectation of qualifying for the Euro Cup but on a personal note we finished 13 points behind Celtic but won the head to head against Celtic in out of the 4 game this season we won 2 and Celtic won 1 and we drew 1 so we won the head to heads.

In terms of this season i will be overhauling the squad and hopefully be closer to closing that gap to Celtic .

Transfers

View attachment 28317

When i took over a number of transfers had already been completed by the DOF Mark Allen and all in all i was pleased with the business he had done , the only deals I got done was Deikmeier , Bruneel who was loaned back to the club he came from , Phil Foden joined in january on loan for the remainder and will link up with us next season again after impressing , De Haas is another who was loaned back to get more game time nad will join us next season so fight for a place in the team. I sold three players Wallace on a free to QPR because he wanted to leave , Foderingham for 250k to toronto because he wanted first team football but Allan was okaying amazingly so he asked to leave and i obliged and then Jon Flanaganwho again asked to leave down to game time and when told the other players in front of him were better he threw the toys out the pram and was sold swiftly for 2m.

Tactic

View attachment 28324

This is the tactic i went with this season , a 4-1-4-1 DM formation we deployed with 2 attacking wingbacks with a ball playing defender and a central defender in defense , the 2 wingbacks bombing up and down the wings credting space and whipping in crosses for out striker to attack. In Midfield we set up with a with 5 essentially in midfield deploying a half back to sweep up and stopping any counter attacks , a box to box midfielder who can go between both boxes creating chances and snuffing out chances and with a Mezzalla next to him being the creative mind in that 3. In attack we set up with a Winger and an Inside Forward with the winger holding his shape wide stretching the defense creating space for our Mezzalla to free roam and the Inside Forward cutting inside with the sole intention of shooting or laying off to someone in a better position.

In terms of the tactic i believed that it was really successful , we created lots and lots of chances and conceded a few aswell , we held onto the ball and and dominated possion which allowed for a free flowing attacking tactic. - Alfredo Morelos finished with 41 goals for the season , Allan Macgegor finished with 27 clean sheets so all in all a few tweaks needed but this will definetly be the tactic we continue with.

Youth Intake

View attachment 28319 View attachment 28318

These 2 guys were the shining light of out youth intake and did make there debuts in the last few games on the season and i am hoping they can kick on and become important members of the team

Well part 2 is in the bad leave a like and a comment about what you like and what you would like to see more of , have a nice day or night guys . I will be back on the 1st of August

Last edited:
View attachment 28230View attachment 28224

Glasgow
Rangers

June
- August 20

June to August for most teams is spend playing friendlies and getting match fit and holidaying for Rangers we were getting ready to launch our European campaign , so early June i got the the horrible new that my No1 Goalkeeper Allan McGregor was going to be retiring , i tried my best to convince him to stay but he was having none of it and retired on the 22nd of June , now i am stick in 2 minds of playing Robbie McCrorie as my first choice or investing money to bring another goalkeeper in but at this point its McCrorie getting the nod.

View attachment 28220

A big shock for me this summer was that Unai Emery was sacked or left Arsenal and that I was offered a Interview , i spent a alot of time contemplating this email going back and forth and finally decided that i was going to turn down the interview and stick with Rangers and make them a force all over the world!

Tactic

View attachment 28219 View attachment 28218 View attachment 28217 View attachment 28216

For the tactic i have made some slight adjustments , after every game i have been on the analysis and have been monitoring the positioning of my full backs and my wingers and have noticed that they are spending alot of time in the middle of the park , so i have changed there personal instructions to stay wider , I had a look at the everyones average positioning and the full tactic is working the way i want it to , my midfield 3 are sticking together and are always in triangles and that what i wanted.

Fixtures

View attachment 28221

So the last 4 competitive fixtures have a bunch of mixed feelings , at first we played Montenegro side Grblj over 2 legs we beat them 10-1 unsurprisingly , we then had a 2 legged game against Hannover 96 from Germany and over 2 legs they were the better side beating us 3-0 , i have no complaints they beat us quite badly and we will need to make due with Domestic football all season.

Transfers

I will do a full transfer update in the next part guys

Thanks for the views guys , if you have any suggestions with players and/or improvements or anything you would like to see leave a comment.
I will be back in september 1st with Augusts fixtures