TheLuckDuck

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post on this website and I decided why not a start career/story thing?
I’ve started as an unemployed (fictional) ex-footballer under the name of Nigel Wilson; I have set his reputation as professional footballer, like I said Nigel Wilson is a fictional character and is made up, my aim with Nigel is to make him one of the top managers in the world. I won’t stick with one club for the entire save.

I only have the English leagues loaded; please give me feedback whether or not I should continue with this story, here’s the profile below.

Name-Nigel Wilson
Date of birth-7.4.77 (35 years old)
Place of birth-Newport, Wales
Playing career-Barry Town (youth) 1992-94
· Barry Town-1994-98
· Brentford-1998-2001
· Milwall-2001-2005
· Reading-2005-2007
· Cardiff City-2007-2010
Career in management
Coach-
· Cardiff City-2010-2012

Nigel Wilson was born in the city of Newport in 1977, he had a burning passion for football and played the beautiful game almost every day of the week, he soon realised he had a talent for the sport and joined a local club side, in 1992, at the age of fifteen, he was spotted by a Barry Town scout and was signed up to play for their youth side. In 1994 he broke into the Barry Town first team at their most successful period as Wales’ sole representative in European club football, he found his feet quickly in the Welsh League and in his four years of first team football, he won three Welsh Premier League titles (1995-96, 1996-97, 1997-98), two Welsh Cups (1995-96, 1996-97) and two Welsh Football League Cups (1995-96 and 1997-98). He then got his big break move, signing for Brentford FC in 1998 for £50,000, winning a Third Division title in 1998-99 and then succeeding in the Second Division. He moved to fellow Londoners, Milwall, in 2001, where he immediately won the Second Division title and promotion to the First Division, he enjoyed relative success with Milwall and made the play-offs and enjoying a season in the UEFA Cup, however in 2005 Milwall were relegated, he was released by Milwall and was quickly snapped up by Reading, where he won the Championship and promotion to the Premier League, unfortunately he featured no part in Reading’s premier plans, and accomplished his dream move to Cardiff City in 2007, where he played and later coached.

Last edited:
I received many job offers from clubs who were struggling, including Oxford United, Swindon Town and Huddersfield Town, however they were all in debt and their expectations were much higher than I felt they could achieve so I waited until the Christmas period where a manager merry-go-round would hopefully begin. I then received an offer that I felt I could take
Bristol City offer Wilson contract

I was going to accept at the end of the week, but then.
Milwall offer Wilson contract

Well, I had to accept this offer; I played there for four years, and had a great rapport with the fans, the club were doing okay, and I could take the squad places.
HELLO AGAIN!

MILWALL AGREE DEAL WITH EX-PLAYER NIGEL WILSON
At just gone eleven today, Milwall FC put a statement on their website, declaring that Nigel Wilson was the new first-team manager. The Welshman is following in compatriot Kenny Jackett’s footsteps, who left the role to join Crystal Palace, the Championship side are struggling in seventeenth place, the Lions have won just one of their last five games in the league. They are sitting only four points above the relegation places, and with recent form the fans are worried that they could slip through the trap-door into League 1.
View attachment 362117
EXPECTATIONS-Mid-Table
Transfer Budget-£390,000
Wage budget-£121,000
Position-17th​
PRESS CONFERENCE:
Reporter-"Hello Nigel, how does it feel to re-sign for your ex-club for your first job in management?"
Nigel Wilson-"I'm delighted, I always thought I'd be back at The Den at one point in my career, and, here I am"
Reporter-"How involved will you be in the running of the club?"
NW-"I'd like to be very involved"
Reporter-"How will your approach differ from other managers, will you be hands-on?"
NW-"I hope to speak to the players regularly"
Reporter-"Will you aim to do better in the Championship than other competitions?"
NW-"Well, at the moment that's the only competition Millwall are in at the moment, so, yeah, that will be my main focus"
Reporter-"What is your tactical approach to the game?"
NW-"I hope to entertain fans, with good, attacking football"
Reporter-"What should we expect from you in the transfer market?"
NW-"I hope to get good players for cheap fees"
Reporter-"Good luck for tomorrow"

View attachment 362663
JANUARY

Lee Camp joins towards the end of the window
Poor start as manager

MILLWALL 0-2 BRISTOL CITY
WHAT THE ****!!! They were 22nd​ and should have been an easy win, but no, they go and put two goals on us without even a whimper of reply from us.

WATFORD 0-1 MILLWALL
Keogh (79)
Now that’s more like it, a good win against a London rival

BLACKPOOL 1-1 MILLWALL
Trotter (13)
Alright, they’re chasing the play-offs so a good result away from home

MILLWALL 0-3 CARDIFF CITY
We did well up to half-time and just imploded, we just went out and got pummelled by the eventual champions

FEBRUARY-MARCH (In one because theirs only two games in February)
Pick up formish
Looking over our shoulder

MILLWALL 1-1 HUDDERSFIELD TOWN
Keogh (64)
Did well to equalise but we have to beat these teams

MILLWALL 4-0 LEEDS UNITED
Keogh (10), Buaben (12), Taylor (27, 57)
That is GOOD we play two Yorkshire sides in a week and beat the stronger of the two by four, what?

BOLTON 2-0 MILLWALL
Well, we are very inconsistent, we win one lose the game afterwards

LEICESTER CITY 3-1 MILLWALL
Henry (65)
We’re starting to form a slump, we need to get back on track

MILLWALL 3-4 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY
Keogh (3,51, 76)
This is ridiculous, we went two goals up, we were pegged back we then went 3-2 up with only 14 minutes left and managed to lose! What’s going on?

MIDDLESBROUGH 0-4 MILLWALL
Trotter (7), Beevers (28, 44) Taylor (57)
What’s going on! We lose three on the trot then go and gazump Middlesbrough, we need to sort out some form

CRYSTAL PALACE 2-3 MILLWALL
Nadjim Abou sent off (19)
Mark Beevers sent off (63)
Henry (55), Keogh (73)
Well, we hammered Middlesbrough and decided to hammer the oppositions defenders, getting two red cards, disgraceful.

PLAYER OF ALL THREE MONTHS
ANDREW KEOGH
View attachment 362664
This lad has scored some crucial goals in the three months​

APRIL AND MAY
Form picks up towards the end
Contract ending soon

PETERBOROUGH 3-2 MILLWALL
Wright (61), Hulse (81)
WHY DO WE KEEP LOSING EASY GAMES

MILLWALL 1-2 IPSWICH
Abdou (12)
Oh God, we’re on the brink, we need some good form

BRIGHTON 2-0 MILLWALL
We really need to pick up our form, this is getting ridiculous

BURNLEY 0-1 MILLWALL
Hulse (87)
Yes! Finally a win, this could go a long way towards survival, a nearly last minute header from Rob Hulse

MILLWALL 1-0 WOLVES
Abdou (23)
Yes! We’re stringing wins together at long last

MILLWALL 1-0 NOTTINGHAM FOREST
Keogh (73)
Another win! I could get used to this

DERBY 1-1 MILLWALL
Keogh (79)
We went to Derby and drew, not bad

PLAYER OF THE MONTHS
ROB HULSE/ ANDY KEOGH
View attachment 362678View attachment 362680
They scored some very crucial goals and have really pleased me

END OF SEASON REPORT
Consistentcy-E
End of season Position-C+
Overall-Not bad

We did alright this season, getting a media prediction of 19th​ and finishing there, we didn’t spend much money and to finish where we were expecting with only one acquisition is brilliant.

PLAYE OF THE SEASON
ANDREW KEOGH
View attachment 362678
He scored 23 goals in 46 games, 'nuff said

PREMIER LEAGUE
WINNERS-
MANCHESTER CITY
CL-
Arsenal, Tottenham, Fulham
EL-Liverpool, Manchester United
LEAGUE CUP-MANCHESTER CITY
FA CUP-WEST HAM
RELEGATED-SOUTHAMPTON, WIGAN, WEST BROM

Last edited:
View attachment 363148
ANOTHER PORT OF CALL?

SOUTHAMPTON WANT WILSON
Millwall manager Nigel Wilson has barely been back in the game five minutes and already has another club knocking on his managerial door for his services. Wilson, 36, took over at Millwall in January 2013 when Millwall had lost 4 games in their last five and looked confined to dropping into the relegation spots, before Wilson took over and picked their form up. The only question is, would Wilson leave after such little time in charge?​
PROS
· Contract expiring in half a month so no compensation
· Proved he can change a club’s form
· Cheap
CONS
· Unproven
· Young
· Not a big name

View attachment 363152
SAINT WILSON?
Nigel Wilson was seen last night in Aldershot, driving down the M3 from London to Southampton, it is thought that 36-year-old Wilson was driving to Southampton to meet with Southampton FC’s Italian chairman, Nicola Cortese, to discuss a contract that could take him away from the newtorious Den (home of Millwall), to the brand-new St Mary’s Stadium in Southampton. It is thought that Nigel Wilson never had a decent chance at Millwall by joining in January and that the young manager would like to start afresh

View attachment 363176
HE SIGNS!
THE SAINTS GRAB THEIR MAN!

Wilson goes marching into the Saint’s management office as manager of the first-team. Nigel Wilson, who is 37 next birthday, has signed a contract worth £16,500 a week and will expire in June 2016, Wilson had a successful playing career, playing for Cardiff, Reading and Millwall (where he later managed). Millwall fans are said to be disappointed for him to be leaving, however unanimously agree that if the board really wanted to keep him, they’d have offered him a contract.

-----------------------------------------------
Wilson diary
Well, after only a few months back at Millwall, I'm off again, packing my bags to leave for sunny Southampton, I left mainly as I wasn't offered a new contract and the fact I didn't think that the entire board were pulling in the same direction. I hope to be a success with Southampton as they have a good squad with young players like Luke Shaw and James Ward-Prowse.
C'MON YOU SAINTS

Last edited:
View attachment 364011
JUNE INS AND OUTS FOR THE SAINTS
This month Southampton have signed a few players and let some go, some more controversial than others.

INS
NameFromAgeNationalityFeeStatus
Emmanuel FrimpongArsenal21GhanaLoanBack-up
Leon BarnettNorwich27
EnglandLoanBack-up
David StockdaleFulham27England£2mFirst-team

We brought 3 players into the squad in June alone. Emmanuel Frimpong signed on loan from Arsenal on the twentieth and has been brought in to back-up key player Morgan Schneiderlin. Leon Barnett was loaned from Norwich for Danish centre-back Vergard Forren, two good back-up loanees, we visited London again when we signed David Stockdale from Fulham for £2m to replace outgoing keeper Artur Boruc, in my opinion we signed a better keeper.

OUTS
NameToAgeNationalityFee
Steve de RidderReleased26BelgiumN/A
Jason PuncheonReleased27EnglandN/A
Aaron MartinSheff Wed23England£400k
Lee BarnardIpswich27England£550k
Jamie MackieSheff Wed29ScotlandLoan
Billy SharpFulham27England£2.9m
Frazer RichardsonReleased30EnglandN/A
Artur BorucA.Madrid33Poland£1m

I started my reign at The Saint's by releasing Steve de Ridder and Jason Puncheon as they were taking up too much of my wage bill (40k a week each), we then let Aaron Martin go to Wednesday for £400k and Lee Barnard go to Ipswich, Mackie then left on a loan, before getting our highest sale with Billy Sharp leaving for almost £3m and Frazer Richardson then left, before Boruc leaving to make way for Stockdale.

View attachment 364027
SCHNEIDERLIN HITS OUT AT WILSON

Saint's star Morgan Schneiderlin has hit out at manager Nigel Wilson for rejecting a £19m bid for the central-midfielder from oil-rich Manchester City, the Frenchman has attacked Nigel Wilson for rejecting the bid saying "he is stupid man, he must let me go to Manchester", Wilson responded "I have no idea what's going on, the club are yet to receive a solid bid from City, I think it's just his agent trying to tout him around."