Dan1992NUFC

Reaction score
For my first football manager 14 story i chose to be Rotherham United. they are newly promoted into league 1 this season and mighty underdogs.

i have been playing this season before i posted this so i am currently in November so i will start the monthly updates from December onwards, but i will post screen shots of my squad and fixtures played and table to show you where i'm at so far.

Aims:
  1. Gain promotion to championship
  2. reach the premier league in 5 years
  3. qualify for Europe
  4. win as many domestic cups as i can
This is my starting eleven and my subs bench. We have a few good players in there such as Joe Skarz, Daniel Nardiello and Micheal Tidser. Nardiello has to be my key player in this team he is a great striker and knows where the goal is. one player i have out injured is Milsom, he is a great left winger and once he is fully fit he will be back in the squad. youll notice in the summer i brought in Mokoena for a free agent who has toughened up our defence and i also brought in Whelpdale on loan from Gillingham for the season, he would normally start also but he has been injued.

Fixtures played so far

View attachment 460842
These are the results i have had so far this season. As you can tell it has been a bit up and down but its starting to become consistent now. We have had some great results also like wins over MK dons, Brentford, Walsall and even a draw against Preston. i have yet to play Bristol city or wolves yet who are main contenders for promotion. so when i do i can measure myself against them for my promotion chances.

League table

View attachment 460837
This is how the League 1 table stands at the moment. as you can see wolves are storming at the top but i have made a good start despite only being promoted. so hopefully we can push on and challenge for a play off place.

Thats my story so far. i hope you guys like and follow this story with me. and comments are welcome and i will post regular updates once i am in December in game.

Last edited:
Will be following, good luck. David worrall is decent, i play with him at 6 a side, man united fan though :/

cheers mate. Im a Newcastle fan really haha but yeah he has been good this season for me so far like. he is a good player

View attachment 460809

December

FA Cup Second Round
Rotherham 0
Lowestoft Town 0

Very dissipointing game, we were the better side we had all the possession and all the chances just couldn?t score. Frustrating we have to play a replay.

League 1 Match

Bristol City 3- Baldock, Taylor, Kilkenny
Rotherham 5- Nardiellox3, Hyltonx2

Amazing win thoroughly deserved and shows we have the capability to push for promotion. Nardiello is now on 14 goals for the season.

FA Cup Second Round Replay
Lowestoft Town 0
Rotherham 2- Agard, Mills
Good win and sees us through to next round were we will play derby county. But we shouldn?t have had to play a replay against a team from below the conference.

League 1 Match
Rotherham 0
Wolves 1- Nicu

Not a bad result against the main contenders for promotion. They were helped by Arnason being sent off after only 9 minutes. But it did take them until 85 minutes to score. Not to disheartened at all.

League 1 Match
Bradford 1- Thompson
Rotherham 4- Nardiello x2, Tidser x2

Great result fully deserved victory and Nardiello now up to 16 goals for the season. Keeping us on track in the play off places.

League 1 Match
Port vale 5- Loza x3, Myrie-Williams, Tomlin
Rotherham 1- Nardiello

Shocking performance today. Didn?t turn up at all and deserved to get beat. Even though we lost apoloingly, least Nardiello was on the score sheet again. Worst result of the season possibly.

Player of the month
View attachment 460810
Daniel Nardiello by far the player of the month. Notching his goals this season up to 17 and even scoring in our defeats. Leading the front line on his own.

League Table

View attachment 460808
Not a bad month at all really. only the Port Vale result was the let down, but that hasn't really affected us on the league table that much we still in with a good promotion shot and still doing miles above expectations.

Breaking news
This month i have signed a new extension on my contract until 2015 with Rotherham United. I was glad about this and gives me longer time to take this team further up the divisions of English football.

next update will be at the end of January in game time, which will include all the transfer activity if any of January transfer window.

Last edited:
View attachment 460105

January

League 1 Match
Rotherham 1- Mokoena
Coventry 2- Wilson, Harris

Not the worst performance but we were unlucky today. Coventry are a contender for promotion so they are a strong team.

FA Cup Third Round
Rotherham 2- Arnason, Pringle
Derby County 2- Russell

Good result today. Lead 2-0 then went to 2-2 that?s the quality of championship opposition. Bring on the replay.
League 1 Match
Preston 4- Gardner x2, Hume, situ
Rotherham 1- Mokoena

Yet another poor performance, we couldn?t get possession and its cost us dearly. Not a good start to the new year.
League 1 Match
Rotherham 2- Morgan, Worrall
Crewe Alexandra 0

Great win today despite being down to ten men after 13 minutes. Brave fight from the lads and well deserved to get us back on track.
FA Cup third round replay
Derby County 5- Ward,Coutes, Forsyth,Russell, Bryson
Rotherham1- Whelpdale

Well we came victim to a championship side being dominant. we were never really going to win at pride park. Always next year.
League 1 Match
Shrewsbury 2- Bradshaw,Burke
Rotherham 1- Nardiello

We did play that well again. we been on a real slump this month and its not seeming to get any better. hopefully next week we can get a result.

League 1 Match
Rotherham 3- Whelpdale,Frecklington, Davis
Crawley 1- Henshall

Great win today hopefully this is a catalyst for beter results. dominated the game from start to finish.

League 1 Match
Tranmere 2- Horwood, Power
Rotherham 2- Morgan, Nardiello

Game of two halfs really. they won the first half and we won the second so fair results today.

Player Of The Month
View attachment 460103
One again Nardiello has been our best player and he is still scoring for fun. He is up there in top goal scorers list this season.

League Table
View attachment 460101

We are still in 9th position but fortunatly the gap isn't to big between us and promotion places. We have a lot to do to ensure promotion but it is achievable with a good run of results.

Overall this was a hard month for us and we did under perform for most of it. The rest of the season could be tough with no transfers in to strengthen the team. so we will have to result in change in tactics within the squad we have. There was a departure in Pablo Mills, his contract ran out and i didn't have any funds to renew it so had to let him go. Craig Morgan attracted some interest but i was reluctant to sell him as he is a good player for us.

oh snap you have the Icelandic tank super Karifragalistic Arnasson and wee robo milsom! Both former Dons! loving it

yeah i do, i didn't even buy them as they were already on Rotherham's team

View attachment 459151

February

League 1 Match
Rotherham 2- Milsom, Nardiello
Leyton Orient 0

Great start to the new month. First game first win and a confident performance. We dominated and looked a total different team to the one last month. Could this be the start of the promotion push?
League 1 Match
Colchester United 4- Ibhere, Milsom OG, Wright,Oguonghae
Rotherham 4- Nardiello x2, Morgan, Worrall

What a game. losing 4-0 at half time we were horrendous, Then after half time we were tremendous and hammered them and should really have won. Speechless

League 1 Match
Rotherham 2 -Davis, Tidser
Sevenage 1- Akins

Great win today another dominant performance, looking good again and climbing the table.

League 1 Match
Carlisle 0
Rotherham 1- Frecklington

Another great performance and its been a good month for us. looking back to winning ways and back to our best.

Player Of The Month
View attachment 459146
Michael Tidser has been the main player this month. Providing assists, creating opportunities and leading the fast counter attacks. also chipped in with the winner against Carlisle to keep up our unbeaten record.​

League Table
View attachment 459140

Much better this month has seen us move up the table and still keep us in touching distance of play off places. keeping positive and keep winning and we should be in the mix for promotion.​

View attachment 458220

March

League 1 Match
Rotherham 2- Worrall,Mokoena
Notts County 4- Showumni x2, Harriott, Campbell-Ryce

We started strong but couldnt keep it up all game. Showumni was the difference today. his physical presence was to much to handle.
League 1 Match
Sheffield United 0
Rotherham 1- Milsom

Great win today to bounce back from last weeks defeat. played well got in the lead and defended our lead.

League 1 Match
Oldham 2- Schmelz, N'tame
Rotherham 0

After a win against a team such as sheffield utd id have expected a better performance but it wasnt to be.

League 1 Match
Rotherham 2- Frecklington,Tidser
Wallsall 0

Good win thoroughly deserved. Played well and dominated, they never even looked to be in the game.

League 1 Match

Peterborough 3- Little, Barnett,Bothroyd
Rotherham 1-Nardiello

Wasnt expecting anything from todays game and rightly so. We had chances but their goalkeeper was in great form and was pretty much unbeatable.​

League 1 Match

Rotherham 0
Brentford 1- Forshaw

Again didnt deliver on our performance and were well beaten by the better team.

League 1 Match
Rotherham 1- Nardiello
Bristol City 0

Good win today over a strong opponent. i actually dropped Nardiello from the starting eleven and brought him on with 20 mins to go. shows what dropping a play can do.

Player Of The Month
View attachment 458219

Micheal has been superb this month, his assists and creativity have been an essential part of our play and most of our goals have came through his assists.

League Table
View attachment 458217
Yes we have slipped a few places and we are just about in the top half but points wise we are only three points off the play offs. there is still plenty football to be played and plenty time to get some results together and make the play offs.​

View attachment 458186

April

League 1 Match
Gillingham 1- Mcdonald
Rotherham 1- Nardiello

We made hard work of this match today. we should have been winning this game easily but instead we had to wait for a late penalty. not the best.
League 1 Match
Rotherham 0
Bradford 0​
Boring match, neither team took a foot hold in the game and there was no creativity from any team.

League 1 Match
Wolves 3- Colin O.G, Siggurdsson, Hall
Rotherham 0

We Knew what to expect today and it happened hammered and two sending offs. sums it up really.

League 1 Match
Rotherham 3- Skarz, Neal O.G, Hylton
Port Vale 1 Pope

Good win today back to dominating games and its been a long time since seen my team do that. back to winning ways?

League 1 Match
Rotherham 1- Milsom
MK Dons 1- Mcleod

Good point against good opposition. fair result at the end of the day.

Player Of The Month
View attachment 458179
Joe has been exceptional this month. He has worked hard and been creative and lead attacks for our team. Also got his first goal of the season.

League Table
View attachment 458175
This shows we have missed out on the play off spaces with one game to go. On the other hand we were tipped for relegation so first season in league one has been very positive. Good mid table finish and now chance to built up my team for next seasons play off push.

May

League 1 Match
Swindon 1- N'guessan
Rotherham 2- Tidser, Nardiello

Played well to cap off the season and gave our fans a win to celebrate. so looking good for next season.

We finished 8th overall so we did better than first expected and now time to built up a new team to push for promotion.

Promoted to Championship
Wolves
Peterborough
Stevenage

Relegated to league 2
Wallsall
Shrewsbury
Carlisle
Gillingham

Promoted to League 1
Wycombe
York
Chesterfield
Fleetwood

Last edited:
View attachment 457007

2014/2015 Season Preview

Friendlies

Harrogate 0
Rotherham 5- Morgan x2, Nardiello x2, Hewitt

The first of our annual friendlies against Harrogate our affiliate club and we dominated. and even young 20 year old Hewitt scored his first goal for the club after signing for us this summer.

Rotherham 0
Leicester City 3, Waghorn, Schlupp, Wood

A tough game against a championship team. we been put in our place by a better team but we did have chances. encouraging performances though.

Rotherham 2 -Phillips, Skarz
Aston Villa 4- Helenius x2, Kozak, Mathijisen

We did have a good try at a comeback but was to late. decent score against a premiership side.

Transfers

Here is a screen shot of our transfers in and out in the pre season window.
View attachment 456998

We did some good business this window. One of the best added players was Kevin Phillips on a free transfer. He has good experience and will be good for this league. i didn't have any wages to keep Keiran Agard but he then signed again on a free which was good. we got some good defenders in such as Cian Bolger on loan, e could well be a starter instead of mokoena and also Rob Kiernan is a very good centre back for us in this league. We also signed Danny North as a bit of good quality in a striker since we lost matt tubs when his loan ran out.

View attachment 456507View attachment 456506
Two new players bought, young talented players who can grow as part of our team. as you can see they have rather good attributes.

That is a summary of pre season and i will be uploading the August months results in the next few hours. Keep Following and commenting.

Last edited:
View attachment 456443

August

League 1 Match
Rotherham 0
Sheffield United 2- Murphy x2

Well first game of the season done and it wasn't how we wanted to start but against promotion contenders it was kind of expected. Also we have team cohesion to contend with too after signing so many players.

Capital One Cup Match
Rotherham 3- Widdowson, Durrell, North
Morcambe 1- Redshaw

Great win today from 1-0 down. all three goal scorers were new players getting their first goals for Rotherham.

League 1 Match
Preston 3- Beavon x3
Rotherham 1- Milsom

We did draw it back to 1-1 but unfortunatly, Beavon just ran us ragged today and was to good for our back line. played well just couldn't take our chances.

League 1 Match
Rotherham 1- Milsom
Brentford 3- Donaldson x2, Davis

Once again we didn't play to well and got beaten by a better team. We are still trying to find our best starting players at the moment so this will just take time.

League 1 Match
Rotherham 0
Tranmere 3- Akpa-Apro x2, Morgan O.G

Again another three goals conceded. this isn't good at all need massive changes.

Capital One Cup 2nd Round
Newcastle United 1- Gouffran
Rotherham 0

Well was always going to be tough against premier league opposition, but i thought we did really well and only conceded 1 goal despite them having 68% of posession. more encouraging this time.

League 1 Match
Coventry 4- Barton, Fleck, Garbutt, Thomas
Rotherham 2- Milsom, Bolger

Another load conceded, but least we showed attacking instinct today, we lost but a big improvement.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 456442

Robert Milsom has been the best player for us, well possibly the only player who has been interested so far this season bagging 3 goals.

League Table
View attachment 456440
Not the start we wanted. We are sat bottom of the league and 0 points at all on the board. We really need to buck our ideas up and start playing. Possibly a case of second season syndrome, but things need to change and fast.

Transfer Update
View attachment 456437

We signed John on a free agent on deadline day. He is a good player for our division and should fit in well with our team. he has good attributes and has a bit of strength to add to our midfield.​